Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rescuing my legacy family

I have a long running blog/legacy family - http://wowindianasam.blogspot.com/2011/12/journal-of-penny-grant-may-23-nicks.html

After installing Pets, trying to play the family kept locking at 2 am. I tried lots of the normal options and finally tried using Twallan's Porter to move several chunks of the family to a new save. Still locked.

At this point, I was feeling that they were gone. But I decided to try one last thing, take all of the mods out (all Twallan mods) and see if it would go.

It did.

After much going through - start game, start save, play, quit game, add another mod and start again - I finally determined that Twallan's woohooer mod was locking my game. I have heaps more of his mods, that was the only one causing issues.

Without woohooer, it's gone a bit more than a full day beyond the freeze point. Twallan is investigating what might have happened.
My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)

Comments

• Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited December 2011
    did you update that one?
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, I did eventually find that it's all more complicated. The legacy blog save seems ok but a fresh save for another blog is freezing regularly.

Resetting all objects in town seems to help but not stop freezes.
    I've set Twallan's SP to no Sim map tags and I've turned off several of the sound options (my houses always seem full of sounds when they freeze.) It hasn't frozen lately but I don't know.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)