Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG The Sims Team ACTUALLY Listened!

Ok, well a while ago like over the summer I made a thread of items that I want to see from Sims Bustin' Out. I remember posting the Rock Climbing Wall as one of them. Well guess what, there making that as a Premium Content item! http://simsvip.com/ scroll down and you'll see it.

I don't think why people think Premium Content items are dumb, there awesome items that don't fit into expansions so they are released into the store. I already bought Sim Points like 2 weeks ago for the first time, and I actually think it's worth it, you just gotta wait for the sales. Over Thanksgiving there were TONS of sales.

Another Premium Content idea is the Ping Pong Table from Bustin' Out. Lol Bustin' Out was one of my fav Sims games. I remember waking up early on the weekends when I was like 7 or 8 just to play it.... Good job Sims Team! Also Showtime seems really cool. People just hate it cuz they have nothing better to do. They don't understand it has nothing to do with Facebook. I always wanted the idea of playing with you friends, but not on a massive online world like Sims Online. Just make sure it's not buggy like all the other things you've released. I know it will be buggy though :/

Comments

• Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited December 2011
    There is no item that "doesn't fit" into an Expansion Pack.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2011

Like when there's no room idk.. Even if there not items that didn't fit in EP, Premium Content items give us a wider option of items with new animations.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011

Like when there's no room idk.. Even if there not items that didn't fit in EP, Premium Content items give us a wider option of items with new animations.

:hunf:
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2011

IMHO...

The Store has blurred the lines of our comfort zone as a community.

It used to be-

Expansion Packs was where we got new towns, interactive / decorative objects, clothing, hairstyles, and venues.

Stuff Packs was where we got new decorative objects, clothing, and hairstyles.

Fragmentation of the sharing process was limited to having the needed EPs / SPs, or the use of 3rd party CC.

Now-

We get EPs that do not have new towns, but you can buy some in the store.

We get SPs that have incomplete sets of furniture that cannot be used to furnish an entire house in the same style, but you can buy some more in the store.

We can download & install a creation into our game that will have all of the Store content we don't own not show up, or be replaced by ugly unmatching default / unCASed objects.

To me, the selling of interactive objects in the Store was rubbing salt into the wound; and a line that should have never been crossed.

The above lines that have been blurred goes far beyond just overpricing of the store items.

It also means that we are being short changed, and therefore overcharged for the actual, incomplete EPs & SPs.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    XOX1 wrote:
    IMHO...

It used to be-

Expansion Packs was where we got new towns, interactive / decorative objects, clothing, hairstyles, and venues.

Fragmentation of the sharing process was limited to having the needed EPs / SPs, or the use of 3rd party CC.

Now-

We get SPs that have incomplete sets of furniture that cannot be used to furnish an entire house in the same style, but you can buy some more in the store.

We can download & install a creation into our game that will have all of the Store content we don't own not show up, or be replaced by ugly unmatching default / unCASed objects.

To me, the selling of interactive objects in the Store was rubbing salt into the wound; and a line that should have never been crossed.

The above lines that have been blurred goes far beyond just overpricing of the store items.

It also means that we are being short changed, and therefore overcharged for the actual, incomplete EPs & SPs.

teehee

you definitely have used that response in a number of threads. I remember the rubbing salt in the wounds thing. :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@ niac1234-

Actually, I only used it once before on your Store Vote Thread.

I copied & pasted it here, because it applied so well to this discussion.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    XOX1 wrote:
    @ niac1234-

Actually, I only used it once before on your Store Vote Thread.

I copied & pasted it here, because it applied so well to this discussion.

Of Course. I would've done the same. You make great points that I agree with! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2011
    Ain't no way I'm paying $5 a pop for a single item.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Lol well it's how they make money. Instead of everyone looking on the bright side and saying that we have a wider selection of things to buy, they look on the negative side saying that EA just wants to make money and blah blah blah. The only pack that came with no new town was Generations, and I agree with you that it should've but who cares now? They can't change it. You do know that a company has to make more money the more workers and stuff they have. That's probably why they make the PC items. And with that money? They can use it to make Sims 4 or more Sims 3 expansions like Seasons....

But they need to fix the bugs!
  • Options
    masterebonyblackmasterebonyblack Posts: 21
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I have to agree to this, but I see potential in the Premium content. I see a chance to add individual features that lots of people want, but that they'd rather not have come attached to others they don't. I cannot deny the over pricing of what has been presented so far; I can hope that they use the feature as a choice for the community, and come to their sense on the prices.

I'd even take some gimmicky discount system where if you got the expansion the premium items sync with you get like half off or something. So much potential wasted. They could actually make more money by it being more accessable and reasonable to more people. Right now I'm sure many feel shafted by the current premium items, it could so much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Lol well it's how they make money. Instead of everyone looking on the bright side and saying that we have a wider selection of things to buy, they look on the negative side saying that EA just wants to make money and blah blah blah. The only pack that came with no new town was Generations, and I agree with you that it should've but who cares now? They can't change it. You do know that a company has to make more money the more workers and stuff they have. That's probably why they make the PC items. And with that money? They can use it to make Sims 4 or more Sims 3 expansions like Seasons....

ummm...

you haft to realize that EA is only in this for the money. They have so much money it's grotesque yet they still raise the prices. it's corperate greed get used to it. if you were to go down the list for a certain item, say mirrors, they would've started as being 50 simpoints, but now their 75-100 simpoints. They are raising prices because they know that sim fans are loyal and will buy it anyway. I swear we should've boycotted the store as soon as it came out.
  • Options
    masterebonyblackmasterebonyblack Posts: 21
    edited December 2011
    They can't change it. You do know that a company has to make more money the more workers and stuff they have. That's probably why they make the PC items. And with that money? They can use it to make Sims 4 or more Sims 3 expansions like Seasons....

They could change it, either with offered bonuses for people who buy early, or free/discounted items that improve specific packs only. Even patching in features that they couldn't finish by release. Look at some of the Indie games out there, Terraria just released a patch for free that many people would have gladly paid for, and had a sale on the game the same day for a pitance of what it's worth.

I'm all for companies making money, I want them to make tons of it! I just want to feel like we're getting a fair shake at the same time. More synergy between the store and the packs would go a long way toward making people feel like the store is actually a good thing. Even just the handful of starting simpoints that came with the early games went a long way toward making some see the store as what it's meant to be, a great way to enhance and personalize.

I support the store, and would like to see it become better. That's the whole reason why it needs to feel more like it is actually giving something back to the community. The store has to compete with the gobs of free CC that people create because they want to see others enjoy the game, and for many it feels like a cheat when they price things so high.

I don't want to mod my game, and the only CC I've ever had has been attached to sims in the exchange. I'd gladly pay, and have paid alot for simpoints before. The thing is the items have to feel worth the price to people or they'll just turn to the modding community, and many would not blame them if they feel ripped off.
  • Options
    YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm all for companies making money, I want them to make tons of it! I just want to feel like we're getting a fair shake at the same time.

This is how business should be. It just isn't.

Business obviously need to make money, but they should do it in a way that's fair to their customers. Businesses, however, realized that if they have a product (like The Sims) that people are addicted to, they can cheat them out of even more money with under-handed sales techniques by making them feel like they're getting something special when in actuality, they aren't.

I want them to have my money, I like this game. However, I also want them to care enough to make a noticeable effort to keep my interest and my money coming to them. It seems like they treat us like children. If we complain, they ignore us until we go away. We're not needed, we can be replaced. Some kid somewhere will buy their game and get addicted to it to fill in your place.

Not to mention, what about all the SC people that have paid good money for that's been broken by a patch, but never fixed? Why should those people even bother to buy more SC? EA acts like they know we'll do it anyway, so they're not going to make the effort to fix the old content since they know you'll buy the new content. They won't get paid to fix the old stuff, they'll only get paid to make new stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am a business person, and I own / operate my own company, with a permanent staff. I am doing fairly well, even in these hard economic times. I have hired people, not laid them off. I fully understand the need for a steady stream of revenue in order to carry on.

I also understand, to have a successful business requires a loyal base of repeat customers. This is only possible if one makes available quality products, and delivers quality service based on what the customers actually want.

The Store should have been based on a yearly subscription fee from it's beginning. Not on the piece-by-piece method it currently is.

They would have have gleaned less money from each customer, but they would have had far more customers.

They could have been spending less time on gimmicks, and more time on producing a quality product.

We, as a community, would have a more fluid sharing system.

I am a creator in this community. Creating and sharing is what keeps my interest in the game in between new releases of EPs and SPs. I currently have 6 Features, a few are in the top 100 on the All Time Exchange Lists, so I must be doing something right.

When I set out to start sharing on the Exchange, I took a step back, and formed a policy first, which I have stayed with to date.

I do not use any CC, Premium Store Items, Mods, or Hacks. In my game, and by extension, in my shared creations. I do use Free Store Items sometimes, but they are free, therefore available to anyone.

I decided to do this because I wanted to make sure that the most amount of Simmers could use my creations in their games. The only reason they may not be able to get full benefit from one of my creations is because they may not have all of the CDs in the set, but that is unavoidable.

I would rather have a company that was more uniform and fair to it's customers, than engage in time / energy consuming petty tactics to squeeze money out of an increasingly shrinking customer base with gimmickry. These are boardroom decisions that are made by executives who obviously have a disconnect with their market.

I can afford to buy everything in the Store, but I choose not to. I do not post on my Wishlist, because I have no use for Store items. My Sharing Policy has turned out to be successful, and is verified by the numbers in My Studio.

I am not against the idea of the Store, I am against the way they have presented it to us.

If I were EA, I would rather have $40.00 a year from several million people, than approx. $600.00 (+?) from a few hundred thousand people.

It's too late for them to change now, they are committed to what they have decided upon.

EA is moving towards eliminating a physical product, and getting us used to the idea of everything being digital.

I do not agree with them, but they have convinced themselves that it is good business sense. This is a plan they have decided to execute as far back to at least Barnacle Bay, maybe earlier.

It eliminates material, production, and shipping costs. It eliminates the waste of overproduction. Losing 30 to 40 percent of their clientele will be considered risk management, short term, and recoverable.

They are thinking that having only to spend money on making digital product, and maintaining a website is the best solution.

Right now, still in S3 phase, you can only order digital downloads from Origin. You have to take the extra steps of going to the Origin website to order a physical copy. Even then, you are steered to digital over physical. Origin was created with the sole purpose to make the transition from physical to digital.

We can kick and scream all we want, but that is what they have made up their minds to do.

S4 will be all digital. There will no longer be any physical copies of Sims products.

Since the next series will most likely be all digital, we should be voicing our opinions now while there is still time for us to have a virtual seat at that boardroom table.

I love the Sims. I want it to go on forever. I want the company that owns it to make so much money that they are happy to continue making it.

I consider myself to be the loyal opposition. The reason I may appear to be otherwise is that I can see the Sim's potential, and it is very frustrating to see it experience anything less than that glorious potential.

With clarity, and fair-minded guidance, it could be the best video game ever produced. I would love to see that happen.

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think Generations should have came with a new town- I just can't picture that type of expansion having a new town.So I didn't mind that EP not having a town.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    Ok, well a while ago like over the summer I made a thread of items that I want to see from Sims Bustin' Out. I remember posting the Rock Climbing Wall as one of them. Well guess what, there making that as a Premium Content item! http://simsvip.com/ scroll down and you'll see it.

I don't think why people think Premium Content items are dumb, there awesome items that don't fit into expansions so they are released into the store. I already bought Sim Points like 2 weeks ago for the first time, and I actually think it's worth it, you just gotta wait for the sales. Over Thanksgiving there were TONS of sales.
    Why we hate the store & premium content:
    1. It is oevrpriced
    2. The store content should be in EPs and SPs
    3. EA are just trying to find new ways to make us pay more
    XOX1 wrote:
    IMHO...

It used to be-

Now-

====================================================================
    Another Premium Content idea is the Ping Pong Table from Bustin' Out. Lol Bustin' Out was one of my fav Sims games. I remember waking up early on the weekends when I was like 7 or 8 just to play it.... Good job Sims Team! Also Showtime seems really cool. People just hate it cuz they have nothing better to do. They don't understand it has nothing to do with Facebook. I always wanted the idea of playing with you friends, but not on a massive online world like Sims Online. Just make sure it's not buggy like all the other things you've released. I know it will be buggy though :/
    The online features are like a big online world like Sims Online, except the world will probably be a rabbit hole which is even worse. Sims isn't designed to be an online game. It doesn't work as an online game.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011

EA are just out to make money.
    Maxis made plenty of money without the store for TS2:
    Base game = £29.99 = £29.99
    8 EPs = £19.99 = £159.92
    9 SPs = £14.99 = £134.91
    Total = £324.82 Per customer who buys every game.
    So yes, EA are just out to make extra money.
  • Options
    pinkstar2000pinkstar2000 Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Amen
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think why people think Premium Content items are dumb

Not dumb, just ridiculously over-priced. £7 for a single item that could easily be in an EP that won't really do much. They're bringing back items that used to be in Sims 2 EPs, but they expect people to shell out £7/$5 for just the one item?
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited December 2011
    For me it comes down to cost of fun per hour. I wouldn't mind if TS3 was twice as expensive it if delivered on the fun. But it doesn't. I feel like all the money I have spent so far has been wasted because I get bored very easy playing.

So even though I can easily afford to pay for the games I feel ripped off and the store just adds insult to injury.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Callum9432 wrote:

1. It is oevrpriced

Exactly what I'm talking about. You just diss EA saying they find new ways to make more money when really they are expanding what we can buy. And they aren't making you pay more money, everyone keeps saying that and thinking negative. It's stupid. Yes it's overpriced, but everyone shouldn't say that EA finds new ways to make you pay. All they are doing is making our experience better by giving you a huge selection of things to buy instead of EP or SP...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Callum9432 wrote:

1. It is oevrpriced

Exactly what I'm talking about. You just diss EA saying they find new ways to make more money when really they are expanding what we can buy. And they aren't making you pay more money, everyone keeps saying that and thinking negative. It's stupid. Yes it's overpriced, but everyone shouldn't say that EA finds new ways to make you pay. All they are doing is making our experience better by giving you a huge selection of things to buy instead of EP or SP...
    [/quote]

You sir need a reality check. I'll present to you a timeline of EA's greediness.

-At first there was The Sims. A good well rounded Maxis game. It revolutionized the way we think of video games.

-then: they had the idea to have EP's. don't get me wrong. this was a BRILLIANT idea. both consumer and company benefited. but after a few years, the Sims was getting outdated and complete. it was time to upgrade.

-The Sims 2 is introduced. Another good game. a lot of bugs, but it would get too bad until game 3.

-They do the same old, same old with the EP's. except this time, they add SP's not too greedy because they were good quality, and didn't take too much away from EP's.

-The Sims 2 store is introduced. I wasn't around for this but it seems to me that this failed. This is the first taster of the greed in EA.

-The Sims 3 is introduced. But along with that, the Store, which we all except you hate. it wasn't as bad as it is now. They had free simpoints with games, but nevertheless, it was still overpriced. we should've boycotted the store then and there.

-The store gets out of hand. the prices are increased and everything just costs more. Now they are making a TON more money than they need.

-The store begins taking away from EP's and SP's pretty self explanitory. The quality is just terrible now.

-they introduce premium content. this especially ****** me off. they have a bunch of items that SHOULD'VE been in EP's but they sell them instead. same goes for the buyable lots. these are terribly overpriced and yet still have lags.

-in the end the Sims has gone from a simple enjoyable game that changed the course of gaming to a coorperate goldmine.

that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :wink:
  • Options
    simfreak103simfreak103 Posts: 4,735 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Would shirts fit in with an EP focusing strictly on socks? (THE SIMS 3 SOCKS WILL HAPPEN!) ;)
  • Options
    simfreak103simfreak103 Posts: 4,735 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, thoug, I dont get premium items, or anything from the store. Unless, of course, I am gifted! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2011
    ^^
    Samz!! XD

Anyway OP, did u think the sims3 team never listen to us?! We have at the very least a small say in what's going on with the sims. For instance, im slighty pleased that io can transport my sim into my m8s game with the new EP, however im not that happy about haveing to hook up my game to a "social networking" site in order to play the new EP. @ least that's what i think the simsVIP said, i think it was something along those lines anyway.

**EDIT**
    Spelling