Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DontBugMeUntilNextPatch?

I found this file: "DontBugMeUntilNextPatch" in the ContentPatch folder?! Anyone have an idea? What it is? :shock: :lol:

bd28e63e.jpg

I can't install some Store items, the installation seems to work, but the objects are not in the game, and as I open the launcher, they appear as not installed! Until then I had no problem installing the same objects! I have a fresh game install, No CC or Mods. Mac OS 10.6.8
27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2011
    Ok! I started a fresh game, moved the Sims 3 folder to my desktop to let the game generate a new one. I reinstalled the objects that did not want to install correctly, and it works! :D:mrgreen: In addition, the game is faster! So I guessed it must be because of a pattern. I will reinstall the Store objects slowly ... cross my fingers!

Edit: The launcher and Sims3Pack installer is faster too! :mrgreen:

Well I just feel like talking to myself, :lol:
    sorry I opened this thread! :oops:
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited December 2011
    don't be sorry....

my guess(because i have it too)...is that because...many people...after they got the store patch....the launcher kept telling them/me to download it again everytime we started the launcher...

that file stop that from happening...
  • Options
    roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Don't be sorry, there may be others still plagued by problem similar to yours. Glad to know all things work for you now :-)

Btw, I think that file (dontbugme...) has a sense of humor :P
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it's workiong better for you. That's how this catagory is, no mods or gurus ever care to help here. Your siggy is sure cute!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2011
    I do not have that in my game. Are you sure you don't have any CC or mods. That is usually the thing that comes with Awesomemod.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Thanks fellow simmers for your reply! :D Yes It's a funny file name! :lol:
    The launcher stop telling me to download store patch again. So that file may be work for that!?

I don't have any CC or mods. A fresh game, I'm re-installing all my store sets and single items. In this regard, I look in the forum a list of objects that are not part of a Set. Because I try to organize my saved objects that are loose in a backup folder. I made a folder for each compilation or Set to arrange my single items, as it is easier to re install. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I do not have that in my game. Are you sure you don't have any CC or mods. That is usually the thing that comes with Awesomemod.

It has nothing to do with mods--that's one of EA's many goof ups.

'How to tell Store Content is applied: do you have a file named "ContentPatch.package" in "\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ContentPatch\" ?
    If you also have this file "DontBugMeUntilNextPatch", then you won't be prompted to apply the StoreContent patch, as it means you had declined in the Dialog Box with a "No" or "Later". '

That file appeared after the Store Patch was released that secretly fixed all of EA's Store Stuff with slots, right before Pets was released and the Patch of Doom broke all CC (thanks EA for the heads up--NOT! :evil: ). If you declined that Store Patch via the Launcher, you get that file. ;)

I have it, too. And I have never used Awesome mod or any kind of core mod. ;)
  • Options
    l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited December 2011
    How were you able to open that file? I have one named ContentPatch.part, which means it's only a partial file. The rest of it is located somewhere else. You know, sometimes I don't think EA's people have any idea what they're doing. They're just wandering about in the dark.

It's very unfair for the SimGurus, the Modders, and the knowledgeable Simmers to ignore the Store Threads. Is there something wrong with people who have problems with the store or store content? What are we, their poor Cousins? I'm certainly going to ask them about it.