Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Showtime: Who actually 'wants' facebook shoved up their nose?

NotSoLucky wrote:
The Sims ™ 3 Showtime Limited Edition

• Exclusive Limited Edition content: Get a bonus venue and stage for your Sims!

• Get the exclusive stage and venue

• Give your Sims the exclusive stage and venue for them to give the performance of a lifetime!

Live the rags to riches story with your Sims while being connected to your friends! Experience the rise to stardom as your Sim performs on stage from one venue to the next. And for the first time, The Sims 3 Showtime introduces social features, including Passport, an all-new feature that lets you send your Sims to a friend’s game! There, your Sim can perform at your friend’s venue in front of your friend’s Sims! You will also be able to chat with friends and post messages and screenshots on your friends’ walls.

KEY FEATURES

• Your Sims can live the dream as Singers, Performers, Magicians, and DJs. Watch them rise to fame—or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.

• All-new social features: chat with friends, post to their walls, give status updates, and create friends lists.

• Send your Sims to a friend’s game and have your friend’s Sim come to your game!

• Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims’ performance and career progression.

• Get a bonus venue and stage for your Sims to perform in the Limited Edition!

http://simsvip.com/?p=3932

I took this from the 'The Sims 3 Showtime CONFIRMED' thread, I don't know about you but I certainly do not want facebook integrated into my Sims game any more then it already has been, but what I'm actually curious about is... Does 'anyone' actually want facebook in their game?
-Live the Superstar experience and play The Sims 3 like never before.

-Entertainment and social media join together in the Sims 3 Showtime.

-For the First Time ever, send sims from your game into a friend's game for the tour of a lifetime.

-Broadcast their successes and failures. Receive updates on their performances on Facebook and Twitter.

-Experience new challenges and unlock exclusive content as they rise from aspiring amateur to superstar.

-Live the superstar experience and play with life like never before.

-The Sims 3 Showtime, make dreams come true.
raw

Comments

• Options
    JerryNarutoUzJerryNarutoUz Posts: 652 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Not me.
    I check out my FB on a daily basis, and at some point, I choose to play Sims, I would hate to have facebook in my game.
    Aside from facebook, Showtime also sounds awful, it's like a director's cut from Late Night. The only thing tha would save a little this EP, for me, it would be a new life state and new death.

Sicerely, as I am a collector, I would buy it, thus, forced to give it a chance.
  • Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited December 2011
    :roll: Not a facebook fan!! When I play with my sims its MY time... I can pause it, stop to redecorate a room whatever. I doubt anyone would enjoy backseat driving while I play. Sims just doesn't seem like a good game for group playing. I do wonder though if it will be of interest to anyone else.
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited December 2011
    I play Facebook games, but I can't see why should Sims be integrated to Facebook, beside the advertising. Your every friend will be seeing message: "Hey! Did you know that you can do this in the Sims? Get your copy of The Sims 3 at Origin and then you can too!"
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    if i want that i'll play Sims Social
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, if the tone of the previous posts continues in a similar vein, I can't see this facebook integration idea being very popular.

I'm hoping the information actually turns out to be false, but with EA you can never really know.
    raw
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    Evil_One wrote:
    Well, if the tone of the previous posts continues in a similar vein, I can't see this facebook integration idea being very popular.

I'm hoping the information actually turns out to be false, but with EA you can never really know.

No it is true. I dont want it either. Actually i hate facebook which is why I got rid of it, but it shows up on google in the cached version from the origin store. So yes, it is official. Unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited December 2011
    I really HATE the idea.

Facebook is filled with the people from my real life that I have to deal with everyday -- I play the Sims to escape all that.

I don't even play TS3 anymore, so I shouldn't really be commenting on Showtime, but I don't want the social media thing to carry over into TS4. I won't buy it if that's what the game becomes.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2011
    No, don't want anything to do with it. I hate how EA is shoving this online crap in our face.

I don't understand what they are thinking. It has always been that the core fan base is older and the majority is female. Many of us are professionals, who can not have the world see we play this game or any other for that matter, it would run the risk of our credibility being hit.

Come on EA, get a grip and start dealing with the fact that most of us are not the tweenys you keep pretending we are.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2011
    I`m with you guys on this. No, I don`t want anything to do with Facebook. It`s getting ridiculous, all this Facebook in your face nonsense. I don`t do Facebook and don`t want it messing with a game I once loved. Someone needs to grab the guys who are suggesting these "new" ideas for the game, sit them down and remind them, THIS IS SIMS 3 remember?.

Keep the Facebook crap for Sims 4, then at least those of us who don`t want anything to do with it can hold their hands up and say goodbye to the series once and for all.
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited December 2011
    No no no no no no no no! Please let this be fake.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't! I have a Facebook but my Sims game is private to me and I certainly do not want to share any details of my game with anyone else. I get annoyed enough when people send me Sims Social requests.

Mega fail, EA. Pets was so good and now you give us this...
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't want Facebook in my COMPUTER, let alone my GAME! :roll:

[EDIT] Alright, I'll be fair: whatever EA decides to do with it's EP is their prerogative. If you don't like it, don't buy it--that's totally sensible...BUT! I do NOT want this FB crap bleeding into my game via a Patch. No no no NO! :evil: Keep it in the EP for once, EA. Pets already screwed with everyone's CC--I don't need some FB viral nonsense in my game.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2011
    It's almost like they went "We know you don't want these things in the game, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 we're making an EP of it anyway"

Fail!
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Chances are, it'll be like memories where it just gives you the option to connect to Facebook.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    not me i hope its optional to turn all that social stuff off
    i mean i feel like the game will glitch when sending other sims in your friends games and then you lose your sim forever that and the social doesnt intrest me anyways.

part of me is hoping this whole thing is fake b.c i might not even buy it i feel like EA think we forgot about ts1 eps this sounds like ts1 superstars(dont get me wrong loved that game) with a mixture of sims online and i'm just not feeling it.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2011
    I suspect the information is true. It's too detailed to be a fake, and unless someone is really, *really* good at photoshopping, and has gone through great lengths to do an elaborate hoax on the whole Sims community, it's the only thing that makes sense, because there is no reason why someone would fake this.

Plus, EA has a history of playing this type of mindgames with their fans: Peekabo, now you see it, now you don't, but here's the next EP for you...and always, the fans are in denial until they finally get confirmation of its truth....which always turns out to be the same as the "leaked" information.

Here is another thing that you should bear in mind should anyone consider buying this expansion pack: Sending your Sims on tour more than likely requires an internet connection, because I bet dollars to doughnuts that it's going to require you to "send your Sims on tour" to your friends' computer. I see EA using their Origins downloader for this aspect of the game. And if you don't have internet, you're screwed because you won't be able to enjoy all the features of the game, and you'll be deprived of one of the career tracks.

The Facebook part may be optional, but I suspect that the other part won't be. And seriously, EA ought to fire the young people who came up with this idea, because it's a bad idea. As others have said, the core cadre of Sims 3 players are adults with jobs who use the Sims 3 as a means of relaxation. Yes, there are plenty of teeny-boppers who buy this, but we adults are the majority. At least we were, until THIS came along.

Thanks, EA...you've just lost another long-time supporter. Pets is it for me, and this from a person who bought every The Sims game and its expansions (and still has them), The Sims 2 game and its expansions and stuff packs, and until now The Sims 3 base game and all expansions and stuff packs. It's been real, EA.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Not interested in chatting with my friends while I play. No thank you.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Plus, EA has a history of playing this type of mindgames with their fans: Peekabo, now you see it, now you don't, but here's the next EP for you...and always, the fans are in denial until they finally get confirmation of its truth....which always turns out to be the same as the "leaked" information.

Yup.

When will they ever learn? You'd think after all of these years they'd realize that this couldn't possibly be fake.

But I guess they just believe what they want to believe. It is funny seeing the same members always claiming everything is fake every single time, though. Even when it is so obviously real (The 'Unleashed' trailer).

Anyway, on-topic: I have absolutely no interest in shoving the fact that I play The Sims 3 in my friends on Facebook's faces. That's just not the way I am. I update my status very conservatively to begin with. I have no interest in annoying people with things that they really don't need to know. What I do in The Sims 3 is one of the very last things I'd want to spam my Facebook with.

However, I am interested in the Expansion Pack otherwise.

Sadly, I do have to say this direction the series is taking is something that should have been expected. EA has been saying for a few years that they don't want anymore "single player" games, and then with Generations and the Memories feature having Facebook connectivity, it was obvious they were going in this direction. Is pretty ridiculous they think they can sell an EP on it, though. Hopefully Showtime is a great EP outside of the social networking features.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    If they don't want anymore single-player games, then do they really think trying to force multiplayer down our throats is going to sell this series? It'll probably bury it.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    If they don't want anymore single-player games, then do they really think trying to force multiplayer down our throats is going to sell this series? It'll probably bury it.

agree !
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't even have facebook so y would i want it messing with my sims?! besides there have been facebook hacks over the years, wat if some1 hacks ur game via facebook?! How bad would that be?!!

**EDIT**
    Spelling
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't even have facebook so y would i want it messing with my sims?! besides there have been facebook hacks over the years, wat if some1 hacks ur game via facebook?! How bad would that be?!!

**EDIT**
    Spelling

Not very. It would be worse if they hacked your EA account through the game.
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2011
    ^^ Yer that would also be bad but u get the general idea rite!?
  • Options
    littlemissleolittlemissleo Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited December 2011
    NOT at all. I am extremely opposed to this idea. What I am afraid of is:

1. There will be no off button.
    2. They will add these social crap features in a patch so there's no way to escape this by not buying the EP!

This really stinks. I am not excited about this at all.
  • Options
    Rachelrita3Rachelrita3 Posts: 485 Member
    edited December 2011
    I hate facebook so no thanks. If I wanted to share my Sims on facebook I will be playing Sims Social, if I dont its for a reason.
    beyoncepepsi.gif
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well judging by the continuing tone of this thread, I can't really imagine EA adding in any feature that not only doesn't have an off button but also is universally disliked.

As TanyaRubirose said, this'll probably bury the series.
    raw