Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifetime Wish Legacy Challenge! New challenge for story-tellers and legacy lovers alike!

Hello everyone :D

So, I randomly came up with an idea last night. It's called a Lifetime Wish Legacy Challenge. How does this work, you ask? Well, let me explain.

It's essentially your average Legacy Challenge (minus the points and the strict rules--no offense to Pinstar), except each generation's heir/heiress must fulfill a unique Lifetime Wish.

IF you have all expansion packs installed (base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets & Showtime), this includes 64 unique Lifetime Wishes. Yes, that means 64 generations in total. If you are not up for this hefty challenge, turn back now! :twisted:

If you're still with me, then read on!

Now, I realize that not everyone has every single expansion pack like I do. Therefore, I'll make things easier for you like so:

-The Base Game comes with 32 Lifetime Wishes
-World Adventures comes with 8 additional Lifetime Wishes
-Ambitions comes with 8 additional Lifetime Wishes
-Generations comes with 0 additional Lifetime Wishes
-Late Night comes with 6 additional Lifetime Wishes
-Pets comes with 7 additional Lifetime Wishes
-Showtime comes with 3 additional Lifetime Wishes

I think you can do the math from here according to which expansions (if any) you have installed.

To view a full list of all 64 Lifetime Wishes and which expansion packs they are from, see the 'Intricacies' post below.

Well, those are the basics! Obviously this challenge will be a lot more fun if you decide to document/write a story to go with it. I've started my own documentation thread and will be posting the link below in the post entitled 'Links'.

Read on below for more details about each unique Lifetime Wish, specific rules, and links to players' stories associated with this challenge. As always, feel free to leave feedback and give me suggestions to improve this challenge. And also, if I have copied someone else's idea, please let me know. I have not seen a challenge like mine anywhere else on the forums, but then again, I did not scour ever inch of them. So please alert me if my challenge seems too similar to someone else's.

Have fun, and Happy Simming! :D

Comments

• slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2012
    Intricacies

Here is a list of the Base Game + expansions and which Lifetime Wishes come with each; along with which traits are needed to trigger certain Lifetime Wishes.

Base Game
    Become an Astronaut
    Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder
    Become a Master Theif (Kleptomaniac)
    Become a Superstar Athlete (Athletic)
    Celebrated Five-Star Chef (Natural Cook)
    Chess Legend
    CEO of a Megacorporation
    The Culinary Librarian (Natural Cook)
    The Emperor of Evil (Evil)
    Dynamic DNA Profiler
    Gold Digger
    Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers
    Heartbreaker (Flirty)
    Hit Movie Composer (Virtuoso)
    Illustrious Author
    International Super Spy
    Jack of All Trades
    Leader of the Free World
    Living in the Lap of Luxury
    Master of the Arts (Artistic)
    The Perfect Garden (Green Thumb)
    Perfect Mind/Perfect Body
    Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium (Angler)
    Professional Author
    Renaissance Sim
    Rock Star
    Swimming in Cash
    Star News Anchor
    Super Popular (Charismatic)
    Surrounded by Family (Family Oriented)
    The Tinkerer
    World Renowned Surgeon

World Adventures
    Bottomless Nectar Cellar
    Great Explorer (Adventurous)
    Martial Arts Master (Disciplined)
    Physical Perfection (Disciplined)
    Private Museum
    Seasoned Traveler (Adventurous)
    World-Class Gallery (Photographer's Eye)
    Visionary (Photographer's Eye, Artistic)

Ambitions
    Descendant of da Vinci (Savvy Sculptor)
    Fashion Phenomenon
    Firefighter Super Hero (Brave)
    Home Design Hotshot (Artistic)
    Monster Maker (Genius)
    Paranormal Profiteer (Eccentric)
    Pervasive Private Eye (Perceptive)
    Posession is Nine-Tenths of the Law (Kleptomaniac)

Generations
    No Lifetime Wishes were added with this expansion

Late Night
    Distinguished Director
    Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous (Snob, Star Quality, Charismatic)
    Master Mixologist
    Master Romancer (Flirty)
    One Sim Band (Loner, Virtuoso)
    Superstar Actor

Pets
    Animal Rescuer (Animal Lover)
    Ark Builder
    Canine Companion (Dog Person)
    Cat Herder (Cat Person)
    Fairy Tale Finder
    Jockey (Equestrian)
    Zoologist (Animal Lover)

Showtime
    Master Acrobat (Natural Born Performer, Athletic)
    Master Magician (Natural Born Performer, Daredevil, Brave)
    Vocal Legend (Natural Born Performer, Diva, Social Butterfly)

To better keep track of all of the Lifetime Wishes and which ones you have completed already, I have created a simple Excel spreadsheet, which can be downloaded here. Questions concerning the spreadsheet and how to use it may be asked on this thread.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2011
    Rules

Here are the rules with which to make the challenge more random and fun.

1. At the start of each generation, you must roll which Lifetime Wish will be fulfilled by the heir/heiress.

2. At the start of each generation, you must roll for the number of children that will be conceived by the heir/heiress of the next generation. Unless of course, the Lifetime Wish of the current generation is 'Surrounded by Family'--then you obviously must have five or more children.

3. At the start of each generation, you must roll to determine which child will become the heir/heiress.

4. As soon as the determined heir/heiress reaches Young Adulthood, he or she MUST have the traits listed in the above post which correspond with his or her given Lifetime Wish. This is to ensure that their chosen Lifetime Wish will be available for them to pick.

Those are the four main rules. Now, I won't be offended if you don't follow them to a 'T'; for example, you may choose your generation's Lifetime Wish, number of children, heir or heiress if you want. I made those rules for those of you who like an added challenge and wish to be a little bit more random with their legacy. Just as long as you don't repeat Lifetime Wishes over the generations, I don't care what you do.

Some other tips/guidelines:

-Mods ARE allowed. I know I will be using them

-I would prefer if you didn't cheat too much, unless it is to fix a glitch or whatnot. However, it is your game; you can play it how you want to.

-You can play on any lot/in any house. Houses can be pre-made or player-made

-Spouses can be pre-made or player-made or downloaded from the exchange/other CC sites

-Adoption is allowed

That's about it. Any questions regarding clarification of the rules may be posted in this thread. Also, here is a link to a random number generator to help with picking your Lifetime Wishes and such if you so choose to follow the four rules listed above and go the random route.
    edited November 2011
    Links

Here are links to the stories of simmers participating in this challenge, starting with my own:

1. slynnski's Burch Family Legacy

To add your link to the list, simply post it in this thread. :D
    edited November 2011
    bump
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited November 2011
    Awesome idea! I'll be sure to see how this goes, though I don't think I'd be able to get through that many generations. Maybe if spouses were also allowed to fulfill LTWs...
    edited November 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Awesome idea! I'll be sure to see how this goes, though I don't think I'd be able to get through that many generations. Maybe if spouses were also allowed to fulfill LTWs...

Hahaha I know, it's going to be insanely long. But I'm excited. :P

Feel free to modify the rules however you want to make the challenge more fun for you, I won't mind. :XD:

Thanks for posting feedback! It's much appreciated.
  • LittleMsRedLittleMsRed Posts: 13
    edited November 2011
    OOOO I like this one too. I really need to get more into my sims, so I will be working on this one and maybe that fairy tale one. Could combine the two if I fall in love with one or the other. LOL.
    edited November 2011
    OOOO I like this one too. I really need to get more into my sims, so I will be working on this one and maybe that fairy tale one. Could combine the two if I fall in love with one or the other. LOL.

Go for it! I think it would be neat to combine this with the fairytale one. If you decided to make a story, be sure to post me the link; I would love to read it! :D
    edited November 2011
    Anyone else wanna try this out? :D
    edited November 2011
    Okay, I'm going to give this a try!! I can't guarantee that I will follow it all the way through and as I have a legacy story going already I won't document this, but I will post pics occasionally.

Here's what I've rolled so far:
    My founder (Otella) has to fulfill the LTW of being Super Popular. She will have 5 children, and her heir/ess will be the third born child, who will one day grow up to be an International Super Spy.

There we go!! :)
    edited November 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Okay, I'm going to give this a try!! I can't guarantee that I will follow it all the way through and as I have a legacy story going already I won't document this, but I will post pics occasionally.

Here's what I've rolled so far:
    My founder (Otella) has to fulfill the LTW of being Super Popular. She will have 5 children, and her heir/ess will be the third born child, who will one day grow up to be an International Super Spy.

There we go!! :)

Aww, this is too sweet of you. You didn't have to do this just to please me. :P

Sounds like you are off to a good start, though. Feel free to post pics to this thread whenever you want--I'd love to see them.

I'll go check out your current legacy asap. I love reading legacy stories. :D
    edited November 2011
    Well, Otella is settled into Hidden Springs. She got a job in the political career track and so far has three or four friends. She also has a romantic interest who refuses to Try for Baby with her for some reason. I made her convince him to break up with his girlfriend, but literally a minute after he left her house my SP mod notified me that he was in a relationship with a different person. Grrrrr!
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited November 2011
    This sounds like a lot of fun... I'm going to give it a try.
    edited December 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Well, Otella is settled into Hidden Springs. She got a job in the political career track and so far has three or four friends. She also has a romantic interest who refuses to Try for Baby with her for some reason. I made her convince him to break up with his girlfriend, but literally a minute after he left her house my SP mod notified me that he was in a relationship with a different person. Grrrrr!

Hahahaha awww. What you need to do is select the sim you want and via the SP mod don't allow him to have any romance. That's what I do. :P
    edited December 2011
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    This sounds like a lot of fun... I'm going to give it a try.

Yay! If you make a story to go with it, please post your link here! Have fun. :-)
    edited December 2011
    Haha, she's not getting married to him anyway, so it's not a big deal. Otella just gave birth to her first child, woo! One more and then it will be the heir :)
  • SamilinaSamilina Posts: 14,229 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Yayz! This is gonna be fun!
    edited December 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Haha, she's not getting married to him anyway, so it's not a big deal. Otella just gave birth to her first child, woo! One more and then it will be the heir :)

Sweeeeeet. 8)

Husbands are a pain in the behind anyhow. :lol:
    edited December 2011
    Samilina wrote:
    Yayz! This is gonna be fun!

Woot, I like your enthusiasm!

If you end up creating a story to go with your challenge, post a link here. I'd love to read it! :-)
    edited December 2011
    bump
  • Cereline_xCereline_x Posts: 2,124 Member
    edited December 2011
    This is awesome...but I already have my 2 stories going. I can't add a third one quite yet. So many challenges I wanna do... XD
    But maybe someday. :D
    edited December 2011
    Cereline_x wrote:
    This is awesome...but I already have my 2 stories going. I can't add a third one quite yet. So many challenges I wanna do... XD

It's okay!! I started reading your Rainbowcy last night--it's amazing! It almost made me cry. I hope Estella and Gideon see each other again someday. :cry:
  • Cereline_xCereline_x Posts: 2,124 Member
    edited December 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    Cereline_x wrote:

It's okay!! I started reading your Rainbowcy last night--it's amazing! It almost made me cry. I hope Estella and Gideon see each other again someday. :cry:

Aww you just made my day. :D

I'mma go read your legacy now myself. ^^
    edited December 2011
    Cereline_x wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    Cereline_x wrote:

Aww you just made my day. :D

I'mma go read your legacy now myself. ^^

Thanks! It's not as good as yours, though. :oops:
    edited December 2011
    bump