Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Burch Family Legacy; A Lifetime Wish Legacy Challenge Documentation

Hi all. :D

This is my attempt at my own player-created challenge, The Lifetime Wish Legacy Challenge.

I love to write, but I'll admit I'm not the best story-teller when it comes to the Sims. This will be more of a documentation than a story, and I'm doing this more for my own personal gain than to generate readers/critics. However, feel free to read/leave comments/leave feedback if you wish.

I plan to manually keep track of the family tree, since it's going to be pretty extensive with 61 generations. Link is below.
Family Tree

Chapters/Installments

Generation One - Yesenia
Chapter One - 11/27/11
Chapter Two - 11/29/11
Chapter Three - 12/01/11
Chapter Four - 12/03/11

Generation Two - Winnie
Chapter Five - 12/03/11
Chapter Six - 12/04/11
Chapter Seven - 12/08/11
Chapter Eight - 12/09/11

Oh and for those who are wondering, Riverdale is a player-created World that I found and downloaded off of the Exchange. You can find it here. I highly recommend it.

Finally, here link to another large, multi-generational family story by sugarsteps: http://simlife2live.wordpress.com/

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited November 2011
    Chapter One: Generation One, Week One

1introducing.jpg

Meet the foundress of the Burch Legacy: Yesenia Burch. Her traits are Workaholic, Genius, Bookworm, Daredevil and Charismatic. Her Lifetime Wish is to become a Renowned Surgeon.

Fun Facts: Yesenia means 'palm tree' in Spanish. Yesenia's mother is Pakistani; her father is American. The two met in medical school, where they both became doctors. It is Yesenia's dream to follow in her parents footsteps. Yesenia herself just graduated from medical school. As a graduation present, her parents bought her an upscale apartment and gave her some cash to start out with. Obviously, Yesenia comes from a rich family.

4chattedwithboss.jpg

Right away, Yesenia got a job at the hospital as an Organ Donor. Every great doctor has to start somewhere, right? Here she can be seen doing a telephone interview with her boss, Edgardo Tomsin.

2learnedlogic.jpg

After landing the job, Yesenia headed to the library to study Logic books. She brought her Logic skill up to level three by the end of the day--the level required for a promotion.

5workedfromhome.jpg

That evening, Yesenia decided to get a head start on her career and work from home on her laptop. She is a workaholic, after all.

6nicebedfromhome.jpg

Although Yesenia's parents had the apartment furnished for her, Yesenia insisted on bringing her comfortable canopy bed from home.

8boughtlogicbook.jpg

After her first day of work on Monday, Yesenia went to the bookstore to purchase Logic books to read...even though she could read them for free at the library. Oh well. It's what she wanted, so I let her have it.

9chattedwithbossnight2.jpg

She then went back to her apartment and called up Edgardo, whom she was developing a bit of a crush on. They were becoming fast friends.

10boughtchemistryset.jpg

With some of the spending money that her parents gave her, Yesenia bought a chemistry set...

11boughtbookshelf.jpg

...and a really handsome bookshelf.

12promotionbedpancleaner.jpg

On Tuesday, Yesenia got promoted to Bed Pan Cleaner. Not exactly a glamorous job, but it's more money rolling in and one step closer to the top.

13logiclevel4.jpg

She celebrated by going to the library and leveling her Logic up to level 4.

14paidtolearnlogic.jpg

She then got a call from the Science Lab, who wanted to pay her for her Logic feats. They gave her 750 Simoleans.

15finishedbookmagneticattraction.jpg

Yesenia spent Wednesday evening reading. She finished reading 'Magnetic Attraction'...

16finishedthreetotalbookswheresbella.jpg

...and 'Where's Bella?', bringing her total of read books up to 3 since moving into her apartment. Being a bookworm, she wants to read as many books as she can.

17promotionparamedic.jpg

Thursday, Yesenia got promoted to Paramedic!

18party.jpg

To celebrate her successful first week in Riverdale, Yesenia wanted to throw a party Friday night, complete with banquet table and all.

19chatting.jpg

However, seeing as her only friend was still Edgardo, he was the only one who came.

20pillowfighting.jpg

The two had a pillow fight. The banquet table sat forgotten.

21potion.jpg

After a hard night of partying, Yesenia spent her Saturday dabbling with her chemistry set. She ended up discovering the Radical Reparum Potion.

22skinnydipping.jpg

Saturday night, Edgardo invited Yesenia to go swimming. As you can see, things got a little frisky. Edgardo is married and has a baby son named Tony, but Yesenia still has her sights set on him. I guess being a daredevil, she doesn't care about morals. :twisted:

23flirting.jpg

The night ended with some friendly flirting between the two. I guess Edgardo doesn't seem to care that he's married either! They really seem to be getting close and falling for each other.

This ends Generation One, Week One. 8)
  • Options
    sugarstepssugarsteps Posts: 210 Member
    edited November 2011
    LOVE IT!
    I love Yesenia's character, she's reminds me of myself!
    Edgardo and Yesenia are cute together (sad that's her only friend though lol)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Hahaha I know it is sad. Hopefully she will make some more friends soon.

Yes, I like Edgardo, even though he has a weird name. Gotta love EA and their weird generated names. I hate to break up a happy family, but oh well, sacrifices must be made to keep the Legacy going! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Yes, I like Edgardo, even though he has a weird name. Gotta love EA and their weird generated names. I hate to break up a happy family, but oh well, sacrifices must be made to keep the Legacy going! :twisted:
    Mind if I add this to my blogroll?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    sugarsteps wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Oooh, go for it! Thank you! I'll return the favor by adding your link to the first post above. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Oooh, go for it! Thank you! I'll return the favor by adding your link to the first post above. :D

Thanks!
    Anyways, I'm off to play sims for the night! Good luck with your legacy :]
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    sugarsteps wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    sugarsteps wrote:
    LOVE IT!

Thanks!

Thanks, you too!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Chapter Two: Generation One, Week Two

1chesslogicskill.jpg

Sunday was spent playing chess at the park and leveling up Yesenia's Logic skill. She is up to about level 5 or 6 now.

2buybook.jpg

She only stopped playing to eat and run to the bookstore to buy a new book.

3burglaralarm.jpg

When Yesenia got back to her apartment, she installed a burglar alarm. She does live in the midst of a big city, after all!

4finishbook.jpg

Monday morning, Yesenia woke up a little earlier than expected, so she finished her fourth book, 'The Warlock of Palladia'.

5chatwithedgardo.jpg

And then she got a call from Edgardo. They hadn't seen each other since their frisky 'date' on Saturday night. Although Yesenia still had a thing for him, she decided to put her career ambitions first, and then try to woo him (away from his wife and child, of course). Her mother always told her that work was more important than any man she would ever meet.

6promotedtointern.jpg

That day, Yesenia got promoted to Intern!

7conflictwithbree.jpg

However, she was told by the higher-ups at the hospital that she was needed to resolve a conflict between two of the doctors. One of them happened to be her co-worker, Bree Mendoza.

8conflictwithjj.jpg

Yesenia found the other doctor, JJ, at an upscale club downtown. He didn't seem to want much to do with Yesenia, though.

9deniedaccess.jpg

Yesenia gave up trying to talk to JJ and tried to get into the club. The bouncer wouldn't let her in!

11internetchess.jpg

So, she went home and played some chess on her laptop.

12earlyoncall.jpg

Very early on Tuesday morning, Yesenia was called into the hospital to assist with an emergency.

13showeratgym.jpg

After that was over with, Yesenia rushed to the gym to take a shower before her shift began. She unfortunately didn't have time to run all the way home to do it.

That day at work, Yesenia found out that JJ ended up quitting that day. He said something about wanting to become a famous pianist instead of a doctor. Luckily, this freed up the task of trying to get JJ and Bree to reconcile.

14gotobedearly.jpg

That night, Yesenia was so tired that she ended up going to sleep at 8pm.

15workearlyagain.jpg

Wednesday morning started in the same manner: getting awoken way too early to assist with an emergency.

16promotedtoresident.jpg

But, it paid off: she got promoted to Resident!

17readmedicaljournal5thbook.jpg

Thursday after work, Yesenia spent some time catching up on reading her medical journals.

18worklatethursday.jpg

After she finished (which brought her total of read books up to 5), she was again called to help out with an emergency that evening.

19vaccinationchess.jpg

Finally, it was Friday, after a very long and stressful week with little relaxation. Yesenia was sent to the beach to perform some vaccinations. However, no one showed up, so she ended up getting to play chess.

20promotedtotraumasurgeon.jpg

Yesenia got promoted to Trauma Surgeon! She was moving up the ranks very quickly.

21fire.jpg

Her celebration didn't last long. When Yesenia was cooking dinner that evening, her stove caught on fire!

22putoutfire.jpg

Luckily, she sprung into action and put out the fire herself before the firefighter even got there.

23cannedsoup.jpg

After the mayhem, Yesenia decided to give up on cooking for the evening and made some canned soup for dinner instead.

24talkaboutlogic.jpg

She then took a walk around the neighborhood to get some fresh air. She ran into a woman named Jeanette and started talking to her about logic. Jeanette seemed to react positively.

25chatwithedgardo.jpg

After saying goodbye to Jeanette, Yesenia called up Edgardo.

26chatwithbouncer.jpg

Then, she called up her bouncer friend. Yes, the same one who rejected her the other day.

27boughtlogicbook.jpg

Saturday morning, Yesenia ran to the bookstore to grab a new Logic book.

28traveledtoegypt.jpg

Then she decided to take a quick vacation to Egypt!

29vistedpyramid.jpg

Yesenia really wanted to go inside a pyramid.

30logiclevel7.jpg

So she did. But, once inside, she read her logic book instead of exploring. She leveled up to level 7.

31readintents.jpg

Then, she went back to the base camp and did some leisure reading inside of her tent.

32atefalefel.jpg

When Yesenia got hungry that evening, she traveled to the market and bought some Falefel. It was very yummy.

33talkedtolocal.jpg

And she chatted it up with some locals.

34snakecharming.jpg

On the second day of Yesenia's stay in Egypt, she bought a snake charming basket.

35logic8shawarma.jpg

And ate some Shawarma and got her Logic level up to 8.

36chattedatbasecamp.jpg

That night at the base camp, she met a nice guy named Geb Hawas. Yesenia and Geb talked for a long time.

37atecobbler.jpg

On the last morning of her stay, Yesenia ate some Cobbler for breakfast.

38boughtandlearnedshawarma.jpg

Right before she went home, she bought and learned the recipe for Shawarma so that she could make it any time she wanted.

39moodpotion.jpg

After she got back from her trip, Yesenia spent most of her Saturday playing with her Chemistry set. She discovered the Mood Enhancer potion.

40singed.jpg

Then, she tried to discover a Sleeping Elixir potion, but that attempt didn't go quite right...

41cookingchannel.jpg

After washing up, Yesenia watched the cooking channel on her newly-upgraded TV for a bit.

42workfromhome.jpg

And finally, she ended her Saturday night by working from home.

This ends Generation One, Week Two. 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it :], I've been waiting for week two so I was excited when I saw this >.<
    Keep it up :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sugarsteps wrote:
    Love it :], I've been waiting for week two so I was excited when I saw this >.<
    Keep it up :]

Awww thanks! Almost done playing through week 3. :D

At first when I read your response I thought it said 'I've been waiting for a week...' and I was like 'ummm, it's only been two days?' Hahahaha. :XD:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chapter Three: Generation One, Week Three

1sundaywatchdeer.jpg

On Sunday morning, Yesenia awoke to find a deer standing outside of her apartment building! She was surprised to see one in such a big city. It was a beautiful sight.

2sundaydiscoverpotion.jpg

After Yesenia finished marveling over the deer, she played around with her chemistry set again and ended up discovering the Imaginary Friend Metamorphum potion. She had a feeling that this discovery might come in handy in the future and decided that, when she had more time on her hands, she would make a stockpile of this specific potion.

3sundaycookingskill.jpg

All the hard work at the chemistry set gave Yesenia an apetite. She set to work cooking some waffles, and ended up raising her cooking skill to level four.

4sundaycallbree.jpg

She was feeling a bit starved for sim-to-sim interaction afterwards, so she called her co-worker Bree and had a nice chat.

5sundayreadnotexpectingmuch.jpg

Then, Yesenia headed to the library to do a bit of light and leisurely reading.

6sundayedgardogreenthumb.jpg

And, who should she find there, but Edgardo.

7sundaygotobedlate.jpg

That night, Yesenia went to bed pretty late because her new job title worked the night shift, and she wanted to get her body as acclimated as possible to her new sleep schedule.

8mondaypotionfail.jpg

Monday before work, Yesenia tried hard to discover another potion (she really enjoyed the thrill of her discoveries), but alas she ended up failing miserably.

9mondaycookingskillandbook.jpg

After she cleaned herself up, Yesenia headed to the library yet again--this time to level her cooking skill up to five just in time for the carpool to take her to the hospital for the evening.

10tuesdayjournaldiner.jpg

On Tuesday, Yesenia treated herself to lunch at the local diner and then sat outside and read through her latest medical journals.

11tuesdaymetsim.jpg

The higher-ups at work had given her the task of promoting the hospital to other sims around town. So, after being rejected to enter a club (again), Yesenia talked to the bouncer about her job.

12tuesdaymedicaloutreach.jpg

And then went to work. She was sent to the police station to perform a presentation to the officers about their health benefits with the hospital.

13tuesdaypromotedgenetherapist.jpg

Her hard work earned her a promotion to Gene Therapist!

14sundaynewhomelogic9.jpg

Unfortunately at this point, my game started to glitch up. At first, I thought it was the town that I had downloaded. So, I moved Yesenia to a new home in Sunset Valley, but my game was still doing the same glitches. I exited and re-started the game and luckily everything seemed to fix itself after that. Luckily Yesenia retained all of her skill levels and her career status. She just has to form new relationships, which means Edgardo is now out of the picture. Oh well. Anyhow, here Yesenia can be found getting her Logic skill up to level nine.

16sundaycookshawarma.jpg

Yesenia broke in her new kitchen by cooking Shawarma for herself.

17mondayvaccination.jpg

Monday (unfortunately, with the move, the week started over again), Yesenia was sent to the park to host a vaccination clinic. Not only did she get paid heartily for her work, she met a ton of sims who were native to Sunset Valley.

18mondaymedicaljournal.jpg

After work, Yesenia read some more of her medical journal.

19mondaywritingskill.jpg

And then, she practiced her writing skill.

20mondaychessmedical.jpg

Monday night Yesenia went to the park to challenge her new acquaintance, Tori Kimura, to a ranked chess match. The match was interrupted, however, when Tori suddenly needed medical attention. Luckily Yesenia was there to help!

21mondaynewbookshelf.jpg

Here is a shot of the shnazzy new bookshelf Yesenia decorated her new bedroom with.

22tuesdayburglary.jpg

Early Tuesday morning, Yesenia awoke to a burglar invading her new homestead. Luckily a burglar alarm came installed with the house!

23tuesdaypromotedinfectuousdiseaseresearcher.jpg

Thankfully the day was remedied by her being promoted to Infectuous Disease Researcher!

24tuesdayworkerinkennedy.jpg

Yesenia's new job also wanted her to promote Sunset Valley's hospital like her old hospital in Riverdale. So, Yesenia headed to the park after work and talked to Erin Kennedy...

25worklindaduran.jpg

...and Linda Duran.

26workiqbalalvi.jpg

Then Yesenia headed to the beach and promoted the hospital to Iqbal Alvi...

27tuesdayworkrivermcirish.jpg

...and River McIrish.

28tuesdaycookhotdogsbeach.jpg

Yesenia then cooked some hotdogs to satiate her hunger.

29tuesdaywinrankedmatchtorikimura.jpg

Tori Kimura also happened to be at the beach that evening, so Yesenia challenged her to a ranked chess match once again--and won!

30tuesdaybedearlyburglar.jpg

Yesenia ended up going to bed pretty early that night because the burglar had had her up super early that morning.

31wednesdayoffmedicaljournal.jpg

Wednesday, Yesenia had the day off. So, she caught up on her medical journal...

32wednesdaymasterlogic.jpg

...and maxed her logic skill at the library.

32wednesdaysnakecharming.jpg

Then she headed home for a bout of snake charming. She was unsuccessful, though.

33wednesdaybreakinbar.jpg

Right before she headed to bed, Yesenia broke in her new juice bar.

34thursdaycriminalseminar.jpg

Thursday at work, Yesenia was sent to the criminal warehouse to host a seminar.

35thursdaypromotedtoneurosurgeon.jpg

She was promoted to Neurosurgeon afterwards. Only one more promotion until Yesenia fulfilled her dream!

36thursdayreadmedicaljournal.jpg

So, she got to work straight away on reading some more of her medical journal.

37thursdaystartednonfictionbook.jpg

Then Yesenia went home and started writing a non-fiction novel on her laptop.

39fridaydiscussdebts.jpg

Friday, the hospital hired a new director. The new director wanted to cut business ties with the criminals in town. So, Yesenia was sent to discuss this with the head criminal, Xander Clavell. He didn't respond very well to Yesenia's proposal, however. Yesenia had to approach this challenge carefully.

40fridaychatxander.jpg

So, she went home, took a shower, and called Xander. She apologized for her pushiness, and then just chatted about non-business related things, buttering up to him.

41saturdayreadmedicaljournal.jpg

Saturday morning, Yesenia read through her medical journal once again.

42saturdayfinishnovelwriting4.jpg

And finished writing her novel, which garnered her $55 per week in royalties. She also got her writing skill to level four.

43saturdaywatchtvxander.jpg

Saturday night, Yesenia went in for the kill and invited Xander over. First, she put him in a good mood by watching TV with him.

44saturdaydiscussdebts.jpg

Then, she proposed the cutting-of-ties with him once again. This time, he accepted. However, he gave her one condition. She had to convince the police chief of Sunset Valley to look the other way when it came to the criminals' illegal activities. Yesenia accepted the condition.

45saturdaybeyelledat.jpg

Then, for no reason at all, Xander started screaming at Yesenia. She kicked him out of the house, thankful she didn't have to deal with his crazy *** any longer.

This ends Generation One, Week Three. 8)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    WoNdErLaNdGuRlWoNdErLaNdGuRl Posts: 284
    edited December 2011
    I've been following this and I really like it! But the album says you need a password to access it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been following this and I really like it! But the album says you need a password to access it?

Aw no, I didn't think of that. :?

Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. I guess I'll just stick to posting the pictures on this thread. I'll post the chapter in just a few minutes.

Thanks so much for following! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright, all fixed! See above for Chapter Three. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    Alright, all fixed! See above for Chapter Three. :D
    Yay! I'll read it right now~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chapter Four: Generation One, Week Four

1sundaybrokesink.jpg

On Sunday morning, the kitchen sink broke.

2sundaydrankpotion.jpg

Instead of calling a repairman, Yesenia just took some of the Radical Reparum potion that she made...

3sundayrepairedsink.jpg

...and fixed it herself.

4sundayconvincehank.jpg

After the sink was back to normal, Yesenia visited Hank Goddard, a high-ranked police officer, to convince him to leave the criminals at the warehouse alone.

5sundaycriminalmakeamends.jpg

The two ended up chatting all afternoon (indeed, they seemed to take a liking to each other, because I found Yesenia wanting to kiss Hank), so that by the time Yesenia reached the warehouse to let Xander and his buddies know, it was starting to get dark.

6sundaycalledintowork.jpg

Sunday evening, Yesenia got called into work for an emergency.

7mondaylifetimewishfulfilled.jpg

And the next day, Monday, Yesenia got promoted to World Renowned Surgeon, thus completing her Lifetime Wish!

8mondaystartdramanovel.jpg

After going home and reading through her medical journals, Yesenia starting writing a Drama novel.

9mondayflirtwithhank.jpg

But she didn't get very far, when she decided to invite Hank over and share her happiness and good fortune with him. Indeed, the two started to flirt.

10mondaykisshank.jpg

And then, they kissed.

11mondayhankproposes.jpg

And then, Hank proposed. He must have gotten swept up in Yesenia's euphoria. :wink:

(I modified Hank's traits and Lifetime Wish. I just couldn't have Yesenia marry a sim with Commitment Issues who wanted to be a Gold Digger. But, Yesenia really liked Hank, so I didn't want to make her fall in love with someone else.)

12mondaylovebirds.jpg

After the two had a private wedding, Hank took Yesenia's last name, vowing to pass on the legacy of lifetime success and happiness through all of their descendants.

13tuesdayromantic.jpg

Tuesday morning, the two lovebirds wasted no time in getting frisky once more. They were both given a few days off to enjoy their newly-married state.

14tuesdaytryforbaby.jpg

They decided to get started on the 2nd generation as soon as possible!

15tuesdaywritewhilehankeats.jpg

After the fun in the sheets, Yesenia worked some more on her drama novel while Hank ate breakfast.

16tuesdaylibrarywritingskill.jpg

Then, the two went to the library together, where Hank learned the writing skill.

17tuesdaylibrarycharismaskill.jpg

And Yesenia learned the Charisma skill.

18tuesdayjogwhileyeseniawrites.jpg

Then, Hank went for a quick jog while Yesenia stayed at the library to work on her novel some more.

19tuesdaymorningsickness.jpg

That night, Yesenia felt her first wave of pregnancy sickness!

20tuesdaychatwithjamiejolina.jpg

And Hank got a call from his friend Jamie Jolina.

21tuesdayreadraymundo.jpg

Still feeling a bit weak, Yesenia relaxed the rest of the night and read 'The Adventures of Raymundo'.

22wednesdaywritenovelwritinglevel5.jpg

Wednesday, Yesenia continued writing her book, and subsequently got her writing skill to level 5.

23wednesdayreturnjoggingdevice.jpg

Hank returned his jogging device to Agnes Crumplebottom, who paid him for jogging around town the other day.

24wednesdaycharmingintroductioncornelia.jpg

Afterwards, Hank met Agnes' sister, Cornelia, and used a charming introduction on her.

25wednesdaypregnant.jpg

Yesenia's writing was interrupted however, when she had to change into maternity clothes because her baby bump started showing!

26wednesdaylogiclevel2.jpg

Hank returned home to play on the chemistry set and level his logic skill up to two.

27wednesdaydiscoverstinkjuice.jpg

And, he discovered the Stink Juice potion.

28wednesdaylibrarycharismagardening.jpg

Then, he went to the library to study Charisma and Gardening.

29wednesdaynewtelescope.jpg

That night, the Burches added to their household by buying a new telescope...

30wednesdayprius.jpg

...a Toyota Prius for Yesenia...

31wednesdayfocus.jpg

...and a Ford Focus for Hank.

32thursdayfinishwritingbookwritinglevel6336perweek.jpg

Thursday morning while Hank went back to work (Yesenia was still off for maternity leave), Yesenia finished writing her book, garnering her an additional 336 simoleans per week. Her writing skill also increased to level six.

33thursdaymakeradicalreparum.jpg

Then, Yesenia decided to make another Radical Reparum potion in case any other household objects broke.

34thursdayhankpromotedtopatrolofficer.jpg

After his shift, Hank got promoted to Patrol Officer!

35thursdaypaintingskill.jpg

With his promotion bonus, Hank bought an easel and started to learn the painting skill.

As you can see, it appears that all of the store items that I own are glitched. At least they still function properly, however. :roll:

36thursdayread20books.jpg

Yesenia spent the night reading her 20th book.

37thursdaybuystereooutdoorpatio.jpg

The Burches also wanted to start an outdoor patio, so they bought a nice stereo system. They also planned to buy a grill and a hot tub.

38thursdayyeseniacharismalevel2.jpg

After being a little romantic together, Yesenia leveled her Charisma up to two.

39fridaylabor.jpg

Friday morning, Yesenia went into labor!

40fridaywinnie.jpg

Yesenia and Hank left the hospital a few hours later with a beautiful baby girl named Winnie. She has the traits Artistic and Neurotic.

This ends Generation One, Week Four. 8)

Also, the family tree has been updated to reflect the additions of Hank and Winnie.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chapter Five: Generation Two, Week Four

1fridaynewcrib.jpg

On Friday afternoon after Winnie was brought home from the hospital, Yesenia and Hank bought a sweet little crib for her.

2fridayhankpaintingskill.jpg

After Hank got home from work on Friday, he worked on his painting skill some more.

3fridayyeseniacookingskill.jpg

Meanwhile, Yesenia upped her Cooking skill to level six after making dinner.

4fridayhanktelescope.jpg

Hank played with his new telescope...

5fridayspatreatment.jpg

...while Yesenia spent a wad at the Day Spa.

6fridaybebehartmedicalattention.jpg

Outside of the spa, Bebe Hart desperately needed medical attention. Good thing Yesenia was there to help. As a result of Yesenia's assistance, she and Bebe became friends.

7fridayyeseniacharismaskill3.jpg

During their usual evening romancing, Yesenia leveled her Charisma skill up to three.

8saturdayhankcookingskill.jpg

Saturday morning while making waffles, Hank got his Cooking skill up to level two.

9saturdayyeseniafixlaptop.jpg

And the newly-made Radical Reparum potion did indeed come in handy--Yesenia needed to fix her broken laptop.

10saturdayIFdoll.jpg

Winnie received a strange doll in the mail from an unknown relative.

11saturdayexgfpaulinewan.jpg

And, Hank got a call from his ex-girlfriend and friend, Pauline Wan. Apparently, her horse just had foals, and was wondering if Hank wanted to adopt one.

12saturdayadoptfortune.jpg

So, the Burches became the proud owners of an adorable little foal named Fortune. She missed her mother dearly, though.

13saturdaychinamartialarts.jpg

Hank had to take a quick business trip to China to learn the Martial Arts skill so he could improve his career performance.

14saturdayfindrocks.jpg

And Yesenia went searching around the neighborhood for some profitable rocks to sell...

15saturdaybuylibrary.jpg

...so that she would have all the more money to invest in the library of Sunset Valley. Since Yesenia loved to read so much, she decided to buy the library outright.

16saturdaybottlefeedfortune.jpg

That evening, Yesenia bottle fed Fortune...

17saturdaytalktofortune.jpg

...and had a little chat with her.

18saturdaycompetevideogames.jpg

To finish off an eventful Saturday, Yesenia and Hank had some friendly competition on their new video game console.

This ends Generation Two, Week Four. 8)
  • Options
    Cereline_xCereline_x Posts: 2,124 Member
    edited December 2011
    Your founder is SO pretty and you have a lot of cool looking content I've never seen before/don't have. XD (What's the crib?)

Are you going to have a bunch of horse generations as well or are you not gonna have your horsies have babies?

ALSO I love the pic editing that you do. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cereline_x wrote:
    Your founder is SO pretty and you have a lot of cool looking content I've never seen before/don't have. XD (What's the crib?)

Are you going to have a bunch of horse generations as well or are you not gonna have your horsies have babies?

Well I have all expansions and most of the store content. The crib is from the store. The only CC (besides mods) that I have is hair.

As for the 'horsacy'; I'm not sure yet. The adoption of Fortune was completely unplanned--Hank got an in-game call from townie Pauline Wan asking if he wanted to adopt one her foals. I didn't even know that you could get random opportunities to adopt animals. So I figured what the heck and adopted her. We'll see where it goes from there/what I feel like doing. :XD:

And thanks. Since it's not really a story and more of a documentation of events, I decided to give it a scrap-booky/diary-ish feel and do the photo corners effect. It's a feature that comes free with Photobucket. :D

Glad you liked! Thanks for reading. :D
  • Options
    Cereline_xCereline_x Posts: 2,124 Member
    edited December 2011
    slynnski wrote:
    Cereline_x wrote:

Well I have all expansions and most of the store content. The crib is from the store. The only CC (besides mods) that I have is hair.

As for the 'horsacy'; I'm not sure yet. The adoption of Fortune was completely unplanned--Hank got an in-game call from townie Pauline Wan asking if he wanted to adopt one her foals. I didn't even know that you could get random opportunities to adopt animals. So I figured what the heck and adopted her. We'll see where it goes from there/what I feel like doing. :XD:

And thanks. Since it's not really a story and more of a documentation of events, I decided to give it a scrap-booky/diary-ish feel and do the photo corners effect. It's a feature that comes free with Photobucket. :D

Ohh yeah that makes sense. I wish I had all the expansions. XD Maybe eventually.

Ah :O I want to add a horsacy element to my game but I haven't had the opportunity yet. Plus they're so dirt poor they couldn't afford a horse anyway. XD Initially when I was planning my legacy, I was trying to plan it around an equestrian/ranch family and have the founder be a Southern Belle sort of girl. But then I came up with my other idea... XD BUT I WILL HAVE HORSES EVENTUALLY D:<

Does Photobucket really?! I totally didn't know that. That's awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chapter Six: Generation Two: Week Five

Sunday

1sundaybottlefeed.jpg

Yesenia and Hank (or rather, I) learned the hard way that foals can't feed themselves. So that's why Hank can be seen here bottle feeding Fortune. (It's such a cute interaction though that I can't complain)

2sundaybuyhottub.jpg

The Burches added a hot tub to their backyard patio.

3sundayswimmingathleticskill.jpg

Hank went to the neighborhood pool and gained Athletic skill by swimming. He is up to level four now.

4sundaycallfriends.jpg

Yesenia meanwhile came to realize that she was starting to make quite a bit of friends since her move to Sunset Valley. She spent the afternoon chatting it up with her four friends Marley, Morgana, River, and Bebe. Yesenia decided she wanted to make four more friends so that her total would be up to eight.

5sundaybookstorepuzzlelogicskill.jpg

After swimming, Hank got a call to go to the bookstore and solve a logic puzzle. He got paid for it and raised his Logic skill to level three.

6sundaylibrarystudycharisma.jpg

And Yesenia went to the library to work on her Charisma skill.

7sundaykissing.jpg

The evening was rounded off with some passionate kissing between Yesenia and Hank. Still romantic as ever!

Monday

8mondaythrowbdayparty.jpg

Today, Winnie was due to age up into a toddler. So upon awakening, Hank got on the phone and threw a birthday party for her. It was set for that evening.

9mondaystartbiographyxander.jpg

While Hank was at work, Yesenia got to work writing a biography at the request of Xander Clavell. However, the opportunity was cut short a few hours later when Yesenia got the notice that the 'target' was no longer available. So I guess Xander disappeared into the abyss. :?

10mondayglitchedhottub.jpg

That evening before the party, Hank broke in the new hot tub. My hot tubs are screwed up too, as you can see. :lol:

11mondaywinnietoddler.jpg

Finally, it was time. The guests had arrived, and Winnie aged up into a healthy toddler.

12mondaywinnieandpal.jpg

She immediately started playing with her doll, whom she christened 'Pal'.

Tuesday

13tuesdaybottlefeedfriends.jpg

While bottle feeding Fortune that morning, Yesenia and Fortune became friends (thus bringing Yesenia's friend count up to five. Why horses count, I'll never know). As a result of becoming friends with one of her owners, Fortune's anxiety over being away from her mother was alleviated.

14tuesdayteachtowalk.jpg

Yesenia spent the afternoon teaching Winnie how to walk.

15tuesdaypurchasegraveyard.jpg

Then when Hank got home from work, Yesenia went to the library to collect her weekly ownership funds, and she also purchased the cemetery. She wanted to own 3 venues, so this was 2 out of 3.

16tuesdaylevelcharisma.jpg

She spent the remainder of her time at the library leveling her Charisma skill up to level four.

17tuesdayfriends.jpg

Meanwhile, Hank had also become friends with Fortune.

Wednesday

18wednesdayteachingtotalk.jpg

On Yesenia's last day off, she started teaching Winnie how to talk.

19wednesdaycalledintoworklate.jpg

Later that night though, Yesenia was called in for an emergency and barely got any sleep as a result.

Thursday

20thursdayseminarcityhall.jpg

On her official first day back to work since she got married to Hank, Yesenia was sent to City Hall to hold a medical seminar.

21thursdaybfffortune.jpg

When she got home from work, Yesenia was happy to become BFFs with Fortune while bottle feeding her yet again.

22thursdayteachtotalk.jpg

Then Yesenia spent the rest of the afternoon teaching Winnie how to talk.

Friday

23fridayroughweek.jpg

Even thought she only worked two days that week, Yesenia was happy that it was Friday. Besides working her normal shifts, Yesenia got called into work two more times, and they were either early in the morning or late at night so that she was running on very little sleep that day. She had to make up for her time off somehow though, right?

24fridayworkonathletic.jpg

After work that day, Hank went to the gym to work on his Athletic skill some more.

25fridaychatwithcandy.jpg

And Yesenia chatted with Winnie's babysitter, Candy, whom she was aiming to make her sixth friend.

Saturday

26saturdayfrancenectar.jpg

That Saturday, Hank had to make another quick business trip abroad, this time to bring back 5 bottles of quality nectar to deliver to work for analyzing.

27chatwithmorganapotions.jpg

Meanwhile, after making a Radical Reparum potion (Yesenia's laptop broke again) and an Imaginary Friend Metamorphum potion, Yesenia got a call from her friend Morgana, so they chatted for a little bit.

29saturdayathleticskill.jpg

Upon returning home from France, Hank hit the gym again and raised his Athletic skill to level five.

30saturdaymedicalcompetition.jpg

And Yesenia called Candy over to babysit real quick while she went to the Science lab for a medical competition.

31saturdaypottytrain.jpg

When Yesenia got home, she taught Winnie how to use the potty.

28saturdayvisitorbessieclavell.jpg

And the doorbell rang. It was Bessie Clavell, Xander's mom. Hank invited her inside. I guess she was so distraught over the disappearance of her son that she needed someone to talk to. :lol:

32saturdayreadtosleep.jpg

When Winnie started to get sleepy that night, Yesenia read her to sleep.

33saturdayfriendswithcandy.jpg

And then she called Candy up again, this time becoming friends with her.

This ends Generation Two, Week Five. 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, are you gonna turn the imaginary friend into a real sim? :D that would be awesome~
    I wish I had generations >.>
    Anyways, great job! Winnie is adorable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, are you gonna turn the imaginary friend into a real sim? :D that would be awesome~
    I wish I had generations >.>
    Anyways, great job! Winnie is adorable!

Yeppers, I plan on making Pal real and having Winnie marry him. :wink:

It's such an easy way to find a mate for your sim children that you plan to marry off. :P

You should get Generations for Christmas! :lol:

Anyhow, thanks for reading and commenting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cereline_x wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    Cereline_x wrote:

Ohh yeah that makes sense. I wish I had all the expansions. XD Maybe eventually.

Ah :O I want to add a horsacy element to my game but I haven't had the opportunity yet. Plus they're so dirt poor they couldn't afford a horse anyway. XD Initially when I was planning my legacy, I was trying to plan it around an equestrian/ranch family and have the founder be a Southern Belle sort of girl. But then I came up with my other idea... XD BUT I WILL HAVE HORSES EVENTUALLY D:<

Does Photobucket really?! I totally didn't know that. That's awesome!

Oh I should probably add that the only stuff pack I have is High-End Loft. I stopped buying them after that cause I think they are a waste of money when you can get a lot of things for free online. :P

Yeah, I didn't have to pay for my horse...I got lucky. But, I think if you go to map view and find the orange little circle above a random house in the neighborhood that says 'Neighborhood Pet Adoption', you should be able to get free animals from that. Because I noticed that icon above Pauline Wan's house after she called my sim to offer him a foal. I don't think you can tell what kind of animal is up for adoption, though. :/

And yes, Photobucket is magical. Haha. Seriously though, it has added a lot of capabilities to it since I started uploading photos there over seven years ago. :-o