Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonoms Automatic Pet Feeding Station?

I bought the Pet Feeding Station from the Store, and I was wondering how it works? All my Sim does with it is just turn on and off, and when I use my dog, it doesn't work :S

Comments

• asamiramirezasamiramirez Posts: 436 Member
    edited November 2011
    I came here in search of answers for the same question; my Sim was able to fill the feeding station, but it won't dispense food. The only options available are to turn it on/off.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something obvious?
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2011
    Your Sim has to give it an upgrade. Click on the object and you should see a menu entry "Add smart sensor".
    After that you can just turn it on/off. So turn it on! :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2011
    Another ghost thread. I wonder if the OP is still alive. :?
    This space is for rent.
  • asamiramirezasamiramirez Posts: 436 Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't know about the OP, but I'm still here. I already have the option to turn it on/off, (already added the smart sensor,) food never dispenses from the object.

(I'm wondering why the object does absolutely nothing "out of the box." If some users have to upgrade it to get it to do anything initially, isn't something wrong?)

It's just useless in my game. I'd love to know if it's working for most people who bought it, so I know if it's strictly an issue on my end, (conflicting objects, etc.) or if it's a widespread issue like the leg of the Flute Forward dress completely missing.
  • minakoainominakoaino Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2011
    I filled it up first before I turned the dispenser on. I'm kind of scared to add the smart sensor, in case if it doesn't fill up on its own :S
  • Sims3fan1986Sims3fan1986 Posts: 443 Member
    edited November 2011
    yeah it does not work for me too :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • KeyBellaKeyBella Posts: 51 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Hm...maybe we've got to fill it up and then do smart sensor? I was thinking that since it's supposed to be an automatic refill, it can't refill what's not there.

• Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited November 2011
    It doesn't work for me either. I also don't like that you can't seem to fill it with gourmet pet food.
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited November 2011
    Mine is also not working no matter what you do with it.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2011
    maybe your pets are not hungry yet

Fill the Automatic Pet Feeding Station with food and the bowl will fill in 4, 6, 8, or 10 hour intervals to feed your Pet automatically. You can also upgrade the feeder with a Smart Sensor which fills the bowl only when your pet is hungry! Puppies, Kittens, Dogs, and Cats can use the feeder and up to two pets can eat from the machine at the same time

as the instructions says it fills up in intervals you have to set which time you want the smart sensor only fills when your pet is hungry.
  • fugitambyfugitamby Posts: 36 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Well ... I'm in the same boat ... Does not even give the option to set a timer. My sim upgraded one with the sensor before filling it with food, and vice versa on a second one. (Got a second one since it was suggested that only two dogs can feed from it a time. My sim has four dogs.) All that is given is the option to turn it on or off.

It just sits there and "looks pretty". Luckily there is a pond that the dogs can drink from if they get the extreme food moodlet since it is not working. My sim will have to go back to the individual bowls and fill them up one at a time.

Anyway ... so far this was a total waste of the simpoints to buy from the store. Then once in game, have to spend more sim cash to get a second one!
  • fugitambyfugitamby Posts: 36 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Bump!
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited December 2011
    I found if you upgrade first it does not work, i got my sim to fill and turn on (No Upgrades) and it worked fine, but the minute i added the sensor it wont work for me.
  • nutzladynutzlady Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    It works fine until you add the sensor then it does not work!
  • frosty947frosty947 Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Right, I had the problem but I work it out.

First fill for (s)100
    Then turn on, the bowl should fill
    Then add the sensor

I hope this works for everyone :)
  • Passions1454Passions1454 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes it did thank you so much..
  • jessdrivesbusesjessdrivesbuses Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I had the problem of not getting it to work for a while. And when it did I had no idea how but if you fill it first then turn it on it should fill immediately. I wasn't exactly sure what the smart sensor was but it's not worth adding it.
  • Tidalwave0082Tidalwave0082 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I know this is an old thread, but man I wish i had checked here first before I even bought it. Too excited about the object to make sure it wasn't another mess up, also thought I'd share my situation. I bought one and filled it, then turned it on. It filled but as my dog ate it never really seemed to lower or anything, so I added the sensor. After that the bowl eventually went empty but never filled despite the dog getting hungry. At the moment I bought a new one, added the sensor first, then filled it. It was switch on already for some reason and ALSO would not fill. I then had to buy a third one, added food, turned on and it filled the bowl, this one I'm not adding the sensor on. It's shame it doesn't seem to work right.

On a second note, they should REALLY add an "instruction tab" on their page for these items. It took me a while just to figure out the uber toilet's self cleaning arms and had to look around online for info to tell me it needed to be manually upgraded to actually work as advertised and while that seems a bit bad in advertising it just would have been helpful to know how to actually make use of it, instructions would at least be polite.
  • RikzAppleRikzApple Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree that it should have an instruction tab on their page so everyone know how to use it. Thanks to frosty for the instruction. It really helps me solve the problem. I am making a real Dog Feeding Station www.joineryplans.com/blog/diy-dog-feeding-station-plan/
    Thanks to Sims it's my inspiration on making this one for my Dogs.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Welcome to the forums @RikzApple! This discussion is several years old so I'm closing it. :smile: Please try to refrain from posting in older discussions but feel free to join in any active conversations happening. Once again, welcome!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top