Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New ship needs a name, please

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
I've been playing about with a ship design, thou this is a early development picture, I was wondering if somebody can come up with a good name to be used for the ship.

shoip.jpg

The final version will have the front part of the ship slightly lower, plus some minor cosmetic changes to the look of the rear of the ship.

The actual ship is rather small, so I will probable buid a some small beach house to help support a family living on the lot.

You can see the ship is fully submerged in water, I will also slightly raise the final version to allow the curve tiles on the side to me more in view.

Anyway, what do think a good name will be for this ship?

Comments

• Chase_PaynceChase_Paynce Posts: 1,613 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How do people shape walls like that?
  • BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited June 2009
    Afaik 'Labreack' is the scottish dialect word for water breaking on rocks :) you could use that for your boat :) nice work also!
  • FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sadly I don't have a name to offer for your ship (I have a hard enough time naming my own regular house lots, let alone a ship hehe), but I did want to stop and say..

WOW!

That is really amazing! To suggest an answer for Chase_Paynce I'm going to assume it was some clever trickery and manipulation using the "ConstrainFloorElevation true/false" code, but I don't know for sure.

I would love to know how you managed to build something out in the middle of water like that, is it some kind of special lot.. a really big lot with a massive pond dug over it all maybe with a some clever use of foundations and such?

Curious much :).
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited June 2009
    "STW Cruiser" as a name 8)

very nice so far, guess you spied a bit at ralphael´s tutorial? this will definitely be a great lot! have fun finishing it :-)
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How do people shape walls like that?

chase, there´s a stickied thread in this section of forums, by RalphaelNinja - to give you a clue how this can be done!
  • FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for pointing out the tutorial Architektin! I think I must need more coffee, I can't believe I totally missed that whole thread for like 3 days even after it got stickied lol, thanks :)
  • BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    "STW Cruiser" as a name
    I think this would be a good name, since it has part of your name in it..... and it's your first ship! I vote for this one too! It looks so good, can't wait to see the finished product.....
  • DylanThompsonDylanThompson Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How about

"The Voyager". You know, from the Space Shuttle?
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the names, I'm sure I will pick one :mrgreen: to answear a few quastions, I did view RalphaelNinja tutorial but this design would not be possible by following that tutorial. The main diffrance with this ship and that ship I did not use any support beams, the ship was made useing floor tiles and lowering walls, plus you need to be able to manupulate the water levels,which seem to me to be hit and miss at the best of times, I've currently got 4 versions of this lot in my library where I failed to get the correct height for the water. The actual method I used to build this would be more at home with building a castle, and when you use fake wall heights, which makes it rather challenging. I still think thou RalphaelNinja method of building boats is far better than the method I used, but to me it's just personal preference to able to manupulate what I'm building.

Cheers for viewing, I better get back to boat building :lol: