Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval: TestingCheatsEnabled help?

I made the mistake of giving one of my heros the "insomniac" flaw, and it is driving me nuts now, because she insists on waking up before she's even filled a little of her energy... I was hoping to change this flaw with a cheat because she's not getting anywhere like this, but I can't use testing cheats, and online tutorials for activating them are NOT helping me.
I tried getting to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini… and it doesn't work, says windows can't find the file... I'm on the administrators account, because this is my computer, it's windows 7. One website suggested I might have to unhide system files, so I unhid system files... Didn't work!

I can get the cheat window to open, I can use katching, motherlode, etc if I really wanted to(which i don't)...
I can't use "TestingCheatsEnabled", it's blocked on medieval... I'm trying to unblock it, but that requires accessing a file I cannot get to for some reason.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2011
    Carl's Sims Medieval guide has a great walkthrough for editing the Commands.ini file:

http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • alicseprin1984alicseprin1984 Posts: 5 New Member
    when using the cheats I have an issue with the watcher quest known as best in show auto completing at gold and then refusing to let me make another save.
    in any other circumstance you have to end the thing yourself by clicking the glowing trophy at the top but in the best in show quest it shuts it off on its own
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I'll close this thread here as it's been necro'd.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top