Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with downloading the November Set items

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems downloading items from the new sets? I tried to download the free items but my launcher doesn't seem to register the process and keeps telling me that an error occurred. I tried re-downloading other store items and that worked just fine. I don't have any non-free items from the November set, so I can't say if it's only the free items that are causing the problem or everything...

If anyone has an answer to my problem, I'll gladly listen :)

Comments

• Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    Are you patched upto the latest version? I had this problem before with downloading store content and I had to patch my game before it let me download.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited November 2011
    BakingNerd wrote:
    Are you patched upto the latest version? I had this problem before with downloading store content and I had to patch my game before it let me download.

I'm scared to download the patch... but I guess I don't really have a choice, do I?

I tried downloading non-free store items and my launcher still isn't responding...
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think it maybe the only choice. Is this just the game patch? I am more cautious of the origin ones. I patched my game with the newest one before I had pets and I had no problems, so you should be ok :D Plus you get some nice patterns and the collection folders so there are some other pluses :) Hopefully it will go well for you.
  • Options
    lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited November 2011
    BakingNerd wrote:

I'm scared to download the patch... but I guess I don't really have a choice, do I?

Tojax wrote:
    I tried downloading non-free store items and my launcher still isn't responding...

I was scared to, but I couldn't download anything from the exchange or store content.
    *Download and install the patch

*Delete your caches
    step1.png
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

*Start your game :wink:

• Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited November 2011
    Since the Atomic set includes a Pets EP item...you will definitely need to have the most current patch to download from that set. I'm going to guess the same for the other sets from this month including the free one. Any store content from here on out will require the Pets EP most likely.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thank you everyone :) I'll try downloading the patch and hopefully not messing my game up...
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited November 2011
    Good luck Tojax! I think the patch is safe. The issues come with the EP.

you'll like the new patterns. There are some great ones in the themed section! So cute!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Trufan1 wrote:
    Good luck Tojax! I think the patch is safe. The issues come with the EP.

you'll like the new patterns. There are some great ones in the themed section! So cute!

So far so good :) I've installed the patch, deleted the cache files and have been able to download store items :D

I guess I'll have to uninstall my mods and get an upgraded version...