This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Realistic Pitbull (IMPROVED)

I did a major revamp of the premade Pitbull to make it as realistic looking as possible. The EA version just really wasn't doing it for me :P

Based off of a friend's white Pitbull. Any thoughts and/or input?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4781252
Pitbull1.jpg
Pitbull2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nhstitan18nhstitan18 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited November 2011
    That is a great version :D
  • Options
    eventercrazyeventercrazy Posts: 188 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Fantastic! haha I'm downloading this one, and I already got your doberman update ^.^
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited November 2011
    Seeing the great version u made makes me realise just how terrible the ea version is lol
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow! I hadn't realized just how terrible EA's version was until your side by side comparison. I absolutely LOVE your's, great work :D
  • Options
    BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2011
    My input would be, "get a job with EA." :D Wonderful, wonderful job!
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited November 2011
    Fantastic! haha I'm downloading this one, and I already got your doberman update ^.^
    Oh good! I'm hoping you're enjoying him anyway, thanks!

elle0808 wrote:
    Seeing the great version u made makes me realise just how terrible the ea version is lol
    asterravos wrote:
    Wow! I hadn't realized just how terrible EA's version was until your side by side comparison. I absolutely LOVE your's, great work
    LOL, I'm not gonna say anything bad since they did after all make the game for us... but the Pitbull was something to be desired :wink: It looked ok from the front, but as soon as you turn it to the side the profile didn't look realistic at all. The muzzle almost disappeared all together. They must have spent more time (or all the time) editing it from the front.

Image28.jpg

Oh, and thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My input would be, "get a job with EA." :D Wonderful, wonderful job!
    Haha, you're sweet! I love 3D modeling, but it's not my major, so more of a hobby in my spare time I guess. In my work time I'm modeling, well... buildings :P A lot different than animals, but modeling none the least.
  • Options
    polidipolidi Posts: 15
    edited November 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    I did a major revamp of the premade Pitbull to make it as realistic looking as possible. The EA version just really wasn't doing it for me :P

It's a really good looking dog (the eyes are gorgeous) but it's closer to a Dogo Argentino or pit-mix than a standard pit bull.

Anyone curious about pits should check out the Find The Pit Bull game -- most people can't do it.

If you wanted to make your dog pittier, check out the photo of Lil Bit at http://www.realpitbull.com/standards.html . She's pretty much perfect. People forget that they're half terrier -- they're not supposed to be big heavy things.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I definitely thought the EA pitbull was off. I have a pitbull IRL, but he's a smaller one so I used the small dog pitbull breed when I recreated him. Your improved pitbull is perfect, and I will be downloading it!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    polidi wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

It's a really good looking dog (the eyes are gorgeous) but it's closer to a Dogo Argentino or pit-mix than a standard pit bull.

Anyone curious about pits should check out the Find The Pit Bull game -- most people can't do it.

If you wanted to make your dog pittier, check out the photo of Lil Bit at http://www.realpitbull.com/standards.html . She's pretty much perfect. People forget that they're half terrier -- they're not supposed to be big heavy things.
    Yeah, normal "Pitbulls" are really small. Or I guess I should say "Staffies". I based mine off of the more stereotypical American Pitbull and gave him that beefy Dogo Argentino or American Bulldog-ish look that most people picture when they just hear "Pitbull". Jeeze there are so many breeds in the "Pitbull" category. Thanks though! :)
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,684 Member
    edited November 2011
    Looking at your comparison, I definitely agree EA's sucked.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    Looking at your comparison, I definitely agree EA's sucked.
    Lol, thanks :wink:
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,406 Member
    edited November 2011
    Great updated version. You especially nailed the eyes and snout. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited November 2011
    Looks great!

I'm personally a fan of undocked/uncropped pups, so I prefer the floppy ears, but of course it looks WAY better than EA's. :)
  • Options
    CatGirl88CatGirl88 Posts: 105
    edited November 2011
    <
    Check out my revamped pitbull. I thought the one they gave us looked awful too. Btw, you can download mine from the exhange. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You must like white pits too, I think they're very striking. I made blue, brown, and brindle ones too I might end up uploading, but I had to make my first one white!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    RebelChevyGalRebelChevyGal Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Sweetness!! I own a Pit/Lab mix and an American Bully and just found the EA version hideous... but I was having a hard time creating it. Your version reminds me more of an American Bully... which was created by breeding the APBT with the American Staffordshire. So I'm definitely gonna use it for both and just tone the muscle down a bit for my Pit mix!

Here's a picture to show my appreciation from a fellow responsible Pit owner!!!
    th_DSCN1910.jpg

btw, I used to have an all white AmStaff before we had to move and couldn't keep him :(

Edit: Holy cow! You even included the little skin spots!

btw is anyone else upset that they didn't list them as American Pit Bull Terriers?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jo543jo543 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I never post. This is perfect thank you
  • Options
    goguenmgoguenm Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2013
    Your improved version is perfect. I own a bully breed (I say bully breed because I don't know what he is exactly but he has characterstics of a "pitbull", boxer, american bulldog etc lol). I want to send in his DNA to one of those companies someday so I can find out what he is exactly.

I was wondering if I could use your improved version as a template for a kennel I am thinking about starting. I would credit you of course and link back to your page.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    goguenm wrote:
    Your improved version is perfect. I own a bully breed (I say bully breed because I don't know what he is exactly but he has characterstics of a "pitbull", boxer, american bulldog etc lol). I want to send in his DNA to one of those companies someday so I can find out what he is exactly.

I was wondering if I could use your improved version as a template for a kennel I am thinking about starting. I would credit you of course and link back to your page.

Thank you.
    Of course, thanks for asking! I'd love to see it when you're set up!
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    edited January 2013
    Your designs are so wonderful! I am using so many of yours in game!
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    ChaoticAshChaoticAsh Posts: 1,056 New Member
    edited May 2013
    You did a great job! Thank you so so much.
  • Options
    yeahboy1993yeahboy1993 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey dude,

Sorry to bump this, but If I download this, will it have any negative affect on my game? and is it simple to uninstall etc?

How do I even install it? is it done like I would install custom content, sorry bit of a noob! :)
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's regular Sims3packs (anything on the Exchange is), so it's pretty easy to install and uninstall (it goes through the launcher to install).

Just download and double click, and it should open the installation screen.

I am 99% positive this safe CC (LittleV creations are safe), so no negative effects (only other effect of CC [safe CC, mind you] is it can slow down your game loading time if you download lots of it).

Cheers :3
    5bo6s7.png