Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Pets Have No Fluff -Companion Graphics Card List- ***PATCH 1.32 DISCUSSION***

Comments

• XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited November 2011
    MY PETS DO HAVE FLUFF

1. What type of graphics card do you have?

I have the ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 approx memory is 2792 MB

2. Have you updated to the latest drivers for your card?

Yes.

3. What are the basic specs (no dxdiag) of your computer?

intel core duo 2, 2.53GHZ
    4GB Ram
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    Windows 7 64 bit

4. What are your in-game graphics settings, and do you have advanced rendering on?

All maxed, edge smoothing on low, advanced rendering on. No lagging whatsoever

5. If you installed and used the Create-A-Pet Demo, did your cats and dogs have fluff in the demo?

Yes, there is fluff in the demo.

7. Besides the fluff of cats and dogs, do all other animals appear to render fine?

Yupp. All animals look great
  • xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited November 2011
    No fluff

Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 and Mac OS X 10.7
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited November 2011
    Question!

Ok I have a Nvidia GTX 460.....I have fur, but I have ordered a new card which will arrive in like, 3 days its Nvidia 560 TI OC.

I dont see this card on the good...or the bad list...so is anybody rocking this card in there rig? And lol does it have the fur issue

TKS :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2011
    How do you know if you don't have fur? My graphics card isn't even that old. I mean I can see fur on the hoofs of the horses? Is that different?

So I take it I don't have fluff in my game? Screenshot-33-3.jpg
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited November 2011
    I hope this helps as I am not that computer savvy when it comes to stats. I had my boyfriend fiddle with the settings of my game and my general problem is that my dogs and cats have no fluff, instead they have a weird skinny body trapped inside a transparent body of what they should look like. Also, if I fiddle with my settings enough I can get the shape of the animal to be correct without fluff, but then when you zoom out it has a yellow tail. On the lowest settings my dogs look like they were shaved and starved with a hole in their body where their tail should be. :S

Also, I just quickly edited this - I'm not sure if their is another forum but I can only play my sims game with the internet and my virus protection off. If I have those two things on I get a "serious error" message when I try to load any of my sims.

I think its Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN
    Its an intel I know that for sure. :S

My computer wouldn't let me update my card.

Windows 7 home premium
    Sony Vaio Laptop
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i3
    CPU m 350 @ 2.27GHz 2.27 GHz
    4GB Ram
    64 Bit operating system

4. What are your in-game graphics settings, and do you have advanced rendering on?

I turned the two boxes on the right of the options on, I think it was advanced rendering.
    I tried with all the settings high, low, and a mix of in between.

5. If you installed and used the Create-A-Pet Demo, did your cats and dogs have fluff in the demo?

Yes, there is fluff in the demo.

7. Besides the fluff of cats and dogs, do all other animals appear to render fine?

All other animals look fine, just cats and dogs look stupid. But other cats and dogs already in the game look normal-ish shape wise.
  • VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited November 2011
    How do I know what card I have?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2011
    My card is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 and I have no problems with my game having good graphics until pets came out. My computer isn't even that old either so how can I fix it? I am not shelling out money for a new graphics card for not even a 2 year old computer.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited November 2011
    How do I know what card I have?
    In the control panel on your computer try looking for "Device manager" Or "system information". Something like that.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have linked this in my bug thread to make it easier for everyone to find.

It's in the post in the graphic issues under the pic there.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• HideakiHideaki Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Just because the mobility HD wasn't listed, here is mine since I don't have fluff. :(

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68C1)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_FD001179&REV_00
    Display Memory: 2256 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB
    Shared Memory: 1241 MB

Also: Windows 7 64-bit
    3GB DDR3 RAM
    Intel Core i5

edit: guys go to start and type in dxdiag and hit enter, that's the easier way to see what you have, you can even save it somewhere so you can just re-open and read it whenever you need. :)
  • RyhaiRyhai Posts: 355 Member
    edited November 2011
    @Haiden
    @pepperjax1230
    @Shinrikyo

Thank you for the technical details you have provided. For the other questions you have asked please visit this thread to receive assistance with your questions. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/451611.page

This link is also always posted under the Updates & Announcements Section on page 1 of this thread should you ever need to find it again. :wink:

@crinrict
    Thank you for the link. This will definitely help in collecting and documenting as much technical information concerning the no fluff issue as possible.
  • kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited November 2011

ATI Radeon HD 5700 1GB

Yep

Dell Studio XPS 8GB RAM, 1TB Harddrive

All settings on high, advanced rendering is on.

Didn't install it.

Optional Information
    6. What OS are you running?

Windows 7 64 Bit

Yep

8. In general, outside of the no fluff problem, does your game more or less run as it should?

Yep

Here is a picture of my mustache cat (his fur density is all the way up but he still isn't fluffy)-

wcTar.jpg
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    We have to make use of the few stickies we have control over :)

I also want to add my info from my notebook (not actually use it for playing, just for testing stuff).

I have no fluff on the laptop (do have fluff on my gaming machine)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

1752 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 507 MB
    Shared Memory: 1245 MB

While there are newer graphic card drivers for the card (mine are from 2009), they are not compatible with my laptop setup and refuse to install. HP says my drivers are up-to-date.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU L9400 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM

I have advanced rendering on. Will need to check the rest and update later.

I had it installed but honestly did not pay attention. It's uninstalled now.

I'm going to skip the rest of your questions cause I have not really checked anything else than CAS on this computer
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• brivogelbrivogel Posts: 76 New Member
    edited November 2011

Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000

Just got this new laptop in September, so I haven't looked into any updates at all.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Toshiba Satellite P755
    Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system

Advanced rendering is on. The box by that, I can't remember what it is, is off though.
    I think everything is on high except for tree detail, reflections, edge smoothing, and something about the detail of the lots in the neighborhood.

Yes, my demo has fluff.

Every other animal besides my dogs and cats looks fine. The horses look completely normal, and all the minor pets appear normal. My cats and dogs are just fluffless and fat.
  • bexta89bexta89 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited November 2011
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Yes

I went to the site canyourunit and I exceed the minimum requirements for the game by a long way.
    2.2GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD.

Advanced Rendering is on, everything else is set on high or medium. I've tried changing them around several times with no changes in the fluff of the pets.

Yes. They were gorgeous and fluffy in the demo. Perfect. And the graphics settings are the same as in the actual game.

Optional Information
    Windows 7

As far as I can tell, although all my horses have black eyes.

8. In general, outside of the no fluff problem, does your game more or less run as it should?
    Yes. I had the lag problem in the beginning but that seems to have resolved itself now. It works fine, it's just the pets look terrible.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi, I have the NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G and I didn't see it on your list. I didn't update because I was told I had the latest driver, I'm scared of downloading and uninstalling the old one and reinstalling a new one too. I'm playing Windows Vista Home Edition. I had the demo and the pets had fluff in there, but I didn't take any pictures.
  • KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited November 2011
    Bump :)
  • GrilledCheeseGrilledCheese Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I didn't realise, but I think I do have this problem!

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited November 2011
    Mine have semi fluff, the edges have a slight roundness to them but are still sort of fluffy.
  • HarleyGirlU2HarleyGirlU2 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Information We Really Need

ATI Radeon X1300/1550 (it's old because my PC is almost 4 years old)

Yes! I'm trying again and again!

Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bits
    Dell Vostro 200
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E7200 @2.53GHz 2,53 GHz 4GB (RAM)

Everything is the highest! Yes I have...

NO!

Optional Information

Windows Vista 32 bits

Yeah

Yes.
  • linasaprincesslinasaprincess Posts: 44 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I had the no fluff issue with Nvidia GeForce 8400, but when I updated my drivers I was able to get fluff!
  • LendyyenLendyyen Posts: 119 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Bump :P
  • ShalottShalott Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

I haven't found any driver updates.

Macbook Pro
    Processor:2.7 GHs Intel Core i7
    Memory: 4GB 1333 MHs DDR3

Advanced rendering is on, highest settings for texture, sim, and object detail. About medium for everything else. I've tried playing around with my settings, and nothing has helped

Couldn't install it, seeing as the demo was for PC only.

Optional Information

Snow Leopard (10.6.8)

My horses have faint lines on their coats, although it's not too noticeable, and in CAH, my pets' eyes, tongues, and collars appear to be reflected in a non-existant mirror.

Yes.

I know you already have the Intel HD 3000 Graphics listed, but I wanted to add that it's not just Lion that's having the issue - Snow Leopard is affected too.
  • P0E67P0E67 Posts: 94
    edited November 2011
    "No fluff Issue" AMD radeon HD 6250 Graphics.
    "Not on list"
    Also, I haven't updated the card, I'm not really sure it is the card. My Sims Graphics Detail is on medium because it takes like 15 minutes for everything to turn from white to normal with it up that high, so I think my pets just don't have good detail. I'm more than likely wrong, but it's an idea.
  • KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited November 2011
    Bump :]
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top