Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just need a bit of clarification please

I don't want to be attacked or yelled at, I just honestly don't understand. In the game, zoomed in as close & as far as possible, with my all my graphic settings on high (also attempted with settings on minimum), with 8 various types of sims on my lot everything looks fine. So here is what I don't understand.

In CAS (I have no issues with the people), my pets look normal until I attempt to customize them. That's when they become deformed. Yet as I mentioned above, they are fine with all my random customization in the game mode. This only happens when I try to change their appearance.

Does this mean I need a new graphics card? Because if it does that's what I don't understand. Shouldn't they be deformed when I'm in game mode playing as well as in CAS?

Thank you ahead of time for the clarification.

Comments

• mmnby2mmnby2 Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2011
    Any ideas?
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2011
    you say your graphics on high...do you have the Advanced Rendering checked?
    edited October 2011
    yup, tryed it checked and unchecked
  • aishleyjaishleyj Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/458827.page

Don't know if that will help or you already did it but try that if not.
    edited November 2011
    No, there is no update for my graphics card. But is that really the problem? I mean why does it work when I'm playing the game? There are tons of things going on, tons of graphics to render but in CAS it's only with the pets, when there is only 1 thing to render. It's weird.
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Do you have any 'sketchy' custom content in your game? If it's not your card then that's the only other thing I can imagine.
  • MissyMMissyM Posts: 858 Member
    edited November 2011
    I doubt very much it is your graphics card. Many people with high proformance cards/computers are having problems just as like those with lower end ones.
    I can't help with the problem itself as I don't know whats causing it but if your game is fine other wise I don't think you need a new card.