Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it too much to ask for just ONE more topic on the Forum Index? for rpgs? (PLEASE READ)

KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
This is both feedback and an Idea

PLEASE MAKE A NEW SECTION/TITLE/TOPIC ON THE FORUM INDEX

We need a new topic forum for RPGs in the community forums on the forum index

Currently in the stories and legacies section there is a petition for RPGs or role play games to have their own forum topic because they are taking over the stories bulletin. Which is for stories legacies and story related topics like baby challenges only!!

petition:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/455834.page#6772930

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    This is doomed to fail. It's been tried. It failed. It'll fail again.
  • BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited October 2011

You're sooo positive :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    Bebsie wrote:

You're sooo positive :mrgreen:

Yes. I'm the ultimate ray of sunshine :lol:
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2011
    thanks for your opinion.... maybee the sim gurus feel the same... alot of people say they do but there is a chance they may actually like this idea.... so its a suggestion for them
    edited October 2011
    Kaile wrote:
    thanks for your opinion.... maybee the sim gurus feel the same... alot of people say they do but there is a chance they may actually like this idea.... so its a suggestion for them

If you succeed, I will gladly write every one of my posts where I said this will fail on pieces of bread, using honey, and then literally eat my own words.
    edited October 2011
    haha you dont have to :) thanks for at least bumping our pages :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    You're welcome :wink:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree with Tanya ~ as always.

To be quite honest, I don't think RPGs deserve their own Forum. It's still a new thing, a new way to play, and I think people have to gete used to it. It's very, very similar to stories ...

Wait. What's RPG again?
    edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Wait. What's RPG again?

Role-Playing Game. In effect, it's where you pretend to be someone else. That they've taken a dollhouse game and managed to use it to form forum RPGs is actually quite creative. Some of them are amazingly well-done by RPG standards. That they're pretending to be sims shows just how much potential this franchise has. If only EA would take advantage of that...
    edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Wait. What's RPG again?

Role-Playing Game. In effect, it's where you pretend to be someone else. That they've taken a dollhouse game and managed to use it to form forum RPGs is actually quite creative. Some of them are amazingly well-done by RPG standards. That they're pretending to be sims shows just how much potential this franchise has. If only EA would take advantage of that...

And here I was thinking it was Rocket-Propelled Grenade.

Really though, my sarcasm has failed me again. I know it's Role-Playing game. They're fun to read, if I can ever find one that interests me.

I'd actually like proof that petitions work. I don't think they ever have and ever will do.
    edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    And here I was thinking it was Rocket-Propelled Grenade.

Really though, my sarcasm has failed me again. I know it's Role-Playing game. They're fun to read, if I can ever find one that interests me.

I'd actually like proof that petitions work. I don't think they ever have and ever will do.

No, no. Rocket-propelled grenades are what we use on this forum when shooting down ideas.
  • JourneyGJourneyG Posts: 2,907 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    I agree with Tanya ~ as always.

To be quite honest, I don't think RPGs deserve their own Forum. It's still a new thing, a new way to play, and I think people have to gete used to it. It's very, very similar to stories ...

Wait. What's RPG again?

Thank you for your feed back but I must disagree that RPG are way different from stories. RPG's are a fun conversation between simmers that do tell a story but with there nature are constantly being bumped witch leaves stories that where worked on for quite some time by one another back many pages. Our goald is not to kill RPG's it is to get them there own home so when you go to the Stories and Legacies form to find something to read you are not faced with something like this a hole page of RPG's.

Picture56.png
    edited October 2011
    they are interactive and where people carry on a story comments move so fast that they they get bumped to the first page to fast and are always on page 1.

In other words they cover up the stories because they carry on one sentence of the story every second where it takes at least a whole day for storys to even update with a new chapter.... so they cover up stories and authors arent getting their stories read and readers cant find stories to read... its not that they deserve their own thread... but the story thread deserves theirs back.... and its only fair that they get their own forum... modeling on general discusion was fairly new as well when they got their own forum... and its ok to disagree all we are trying to do is bring this issue to the gurus attention
    edited October 2011
    I see what you mean by having its own forum. But do you think signing a petition will work? Is that how Sims and Modelling was made? I've been on these forums for quite a while, and I don't think I've ever seen a petition work. There's even a petition for Mac users at the CAW Forum to let CAW available for macs: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/133489.page ... 700 signatures on and still nothing has happened.

I know that making a new forum section is much easier than enabling CAW for Mac, so I actually do hope that ye get it. There's still something in the back of my mind that objects to it ... I don't know what ... but whatever I say is no relevance to anything anyway.

edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    I see what you mean by having its own forum. But do you think signing a petition will work? Is that how Sims and Modelling was made? I've been on these forums for quite a while, and I don't think I've ever seen a petition work. There's even a petition for Mac users at the CAW Forum to let CAW available for macs: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/133489.page ... 700 signatures on and still nothing has happened.

I know that making a new forum section is much easier than enabling CAW for Mac, so I actually do hope that ye get it. There's still something in the back of my mind that objects to it ... I don't know what ... but whatever I say is no relevance to anything anyway.

i know what you mean it probally wont work but we are only on day 2. (day three at midnight) if it dosnt work after a while well give up.. its just an attempt and thanks for the hope lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JourneyGJourneyG Posts: 2,907 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Conorsim wrote:

If you have another suggestion on how we could get it done please let us know.
    edited October 2011
    Thats true although it may not be effective.. I dont know what more i can do than comment on the gurus' mypage, create a petition, and get signitures. I dont think it will deffinately work but im hoping. There really isnt a way to be heard on these forums unless hopefully your a petition of hundreds of voices... then possibly
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited October 2011
    I can think of about 5 different topics I'd like to see added to these forums, and a few I wouldn't mind being removed.

edit: There used to be a big long petition to seperate the sims and modeling because the modeling was taking over and the sims were getting bumped way down. I wonder whatever happened to that? It obviously didn't do - diddlysquat.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited October 2011
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I can think of about 5 different topics I'd like to see added to these forums, and a few I wouldn't mind being removed.

edit: There used to be a big long petition to seperate the sims and modeling because the modeling was taking over and the sims were getting bumped way down. I wonder whatever happened to that? It obviously didn't do - diddlysquat.

its get bumped up time-to-time..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2011
    umm quick question, what do rpgs have to do with a simulator game?
    edited October 2011
    nothing really its just a forum people play on the sims forums but really it has nothing to do with sims at all.

stories have to do with sims because sims is a role play game and you use sims pictures to describe word in your stories where role play games is just you no picture pretending to be the role of a person and speaking like them in your comments.... example: you pretending to be a rude old man.... I've never actually played them and I wouldnt mind if they had their own topic but they dont and they are destroying the stories and legacy topic thread

@zorba ive only heard of it and have never seen it....
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ohhh, haha I thought it was about rpg games in general haha aww, now I want to go play my Quest for Glory games again, but those games are older than dirt and it would be a huge pain to make them run on a modern computer so naaa I'll wait haha
    edited October 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    ohhh, haha I thought it was about rpg games in general haha aww, now I want to go play my Quest for Glory games again, but those games are older than dirt and it would be a huge pain to make them run on a modern computer so naaa I'll wait haha
    LOL NO IF YOU GO ON THE ACTUALL SOTORYBOARD AND CLICK ON AN RPG ULL SEE THEY ARE JUST TALKING IN CHARACTER
    sorry caps..you can sign the petition if you like as well but you dont have too