Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to get RPGs their own Forum topic in the index (186 signitures)(Help us reach 200?)

Comments

• pazarapazara Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My opinion is that thesims3 forums are not the place for roleplay and if you want to do it, do it somewhere else.
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree. However the sims 3 is a roleplaying game so i dont mind it so much... Im just annoied that when i go to look for stories or legacys (which i enjoy reading) they are so hard to find because of all the RPGS that basically wash them out... It wouldn't be such a big deal if the mods gave them their own section on the forums though (Im trying to bring this to their attention hopefully they will see this forum if it gets alot of comments)
  • foxgirl902foxgirl902 Posts: 10,987 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree, and that's why I made my own sims3 mini forum website that does have a seperate are for RPGs.
    edited October 2011
    thanks ill check it out! :mrgreen:
  • geekkategeekkate Posts: 412 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I completely agree!!! My story thread just got moved to this forum, and now I know my thread is going to die all alone and unloved because no one will either:

A) be able to find it because of all the RPGs
    B) no one new will read it because it will be lost in the masses of the RPGs and the fact that hardly anyone goes here EXCEPT to RPG.

These RPGs are taking over a forum that is supposed to be where people can make a thread about their stories and actually have them read, and have people give them feedback, etc. Not a thread that everyone avoids at all costs because they know their story stands more of a chance if they post it in the latest EP forum (which mine was, but it also had to do with Pets...)

*fumes* I am just so frustrated. The SimGurus really need to fix this. It's complete and utter crap. But, I highly doubt anything will happen unfortunately, because this thread will too be lost among the masses of RPG threads.

:cry:
  • JourneyGJourneyG Posts: 2,907 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I totally agree. I fill my story keeps getting bumped down because of some of the RPG's. It is nothing against them, I am glad they are here and people are having fun with them but RPG's and stories are two different things and it is time they have there own space. :)
  • PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree, and it's driving me crazy. I've created a separate roleplay website as well, just a single roleplay. I do love Rp-ing, and I love the ones we have going on here - and I think they should definitely have their own category. I was looking at the front page of "Stories and Legacies" and there were only about four actual stories/legacies. The rest were roleplays.
    The part that drove me insane, though, was that of the ten roleplays on the front page, six of them were all school-based roleplays. Where's the fun in that? If you're going to roleplay, why a school? -__-
    Sorry, that was my own mini-rant, hehehe.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2011
    i agree i too plan to create a story in the future and would like to use the stories thread to announce when new chapters are released.....besides we will be doing them a favor they will probably want their own topic anyway right? OK guys I'm officially changing this to a petition for the gurus to see. If you already commented please sign it?
    edited October 2011
    We do want our own separate place for just the RPGs. RPGs have nothing to do with stories and legacies. I don't know why they started here in the first place, if anywhere they should be in General Discussion. Or, you know, a topic of their own.

Might I be at the top of your list? ;)
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • geekkategeekkate Posts: 412 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Signed! :)
    edited October 2011
    Me next.

Lala, I'm glad you are in support of a move. I know you are one of the most active RPGers here and honestly I thought you might be angry at the idea.
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree / am bumping this thread before it itself gets knocked off the front page by the RPGs...
    edited October 2011
    JourneyG wrote:
    Me next. Lala, I'm glad you are in support of a move. I know you are one of the most active RPGers here and honestly I thought you might be angry at the idea.
    Of course not! I'd be angrier if they told us that they refused to make us our own topic than I would be if they did. I'd love to have our own topic. I always feel so guilty about clogging up the Stories&Legacies forums with our RPG threads. I'd be so much happier if they just made us our own place so the stories and legacies could have their section back. Every time I post there, I watched as my Baby Challenge disappears into a seething mass of RPGs (mine included) and I always think to myself, "those should be stories, not RPGs..."
    *sigh*
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited October 2011
    It's silly having them together because RPGs, by their nature, are going to be bumped a lot. It makes far more sense to have them in their own forum than with threads that don't have that interactive element, especially story threads where lots of people will just read and not comment (I say this as a dreadful story lurker...)
  • JEL52895JEL52895 Posts: 11,632 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I actually only come here for the RPs, though I do agree they should be separate. RPs are basically stories, but they're another type that's taking over this section. I even made my own Sims RP forum, to try and keep the Sims theme, but pull away from here a little.
    edited October 2011
    kirkuk wrote:
    It's silly having them together because RPGs, by their nature, are going to be bumped a lot. It makes far more sense to have them in their own forum than with threads that don't have that interactive element, especially story threads where lots of people will just read and not comment (I say this as a dreadful story lurker...)

^ This exactly ^
    :thumbup:
    I mean, we're constantly replying to one another. They post, I post back as quickly as I can, they post back shortly after... Sure, sometimes the story people have brief conversations that leave them at the top as well, but not quite like we do. Sigh. It takes only a matter of minutes, sometimes not even that, before my baby challenge has faded to the second or third page.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2011
    JourneyG wrote:
    Me next. Lala, I'm glad you are in support of a move. I know you are one of the most active RPGers here and honestly I thought you might be angry at the idea.
    Of course not! I'd be angrier if they told us that they refused to make us our own topic than I would be if they did. I'd love to have our own topic. I always feel so guilty about clogging up the Stories&Legacies forums with our RPG threads. I'd be so much happier if they just made us our own place so the stories and legacies could have their section back. Every time I post there, I watched as my Baby Challenge disappears into a seething mass of RPGs (mine included) and I always think to myself, "those should be stories, not RPGs..."
    *sigh*

I know it's nuts. It can get depressing when I bump my story and then get back to page one of the form and it is already 6 down because of some RPG.

Hopefully we can get this done. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    JourneyG wrote:
    JourneyG wrote:
    *sigh*

I know it's nuts. It can get depressing when I bump my story and then get back to page one of the form and it is already 6 down because of some RPG.

I hope so. :thumbup:
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2011
    kirkuk wrote:

^ This exactly ^
    :thumbup:
    I mean, we're constantly replying to one another. They post, I post back as quickly as I can, they post back shortly after... Sure, sometimes the story people have brief conversations that leave them at the top as well, but not quite like we do. Sigh. It takes only a matter of minutes, sometimes not even that, before my baby challenge has faded to the second or third page.

^This
  • JEL52895JEL52895 Posts: 11,632 New Member
    edited October 2011
    JourneyG wrote:
    To be honest, I have seen petitions for the same thing. Petitions on this forum never work, because gurus never take time to actually open up the forums and take a look. :roll: So, in all honesty, they're probably not going to help anyone. Gosh, I hate the administration here...
    edited October 2011
    JEL52895 wrote:
    JourneyG wrote:
    To be honest, I have seen petitions for the same thing. Petitions on this forum never work, because gurus never take time to actually open up the forums and take a look. :roll: So, in all honesty, they're probably not going to help anyone. Gosh, I hate the administration here...

Then someone should contact the gurus and talk to them about it. This should become a top priority for RP-ers and story folk alike!
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2011
    JEL52895 wrote:

Well you never know. I only wish this topic would of started when gurus might be a bit more active. If we keep this bumped for a couple days and Kaile changes the topic to a petition instead of a question then we may get are way. This sight after all would not exist without us.
  • Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited October 2011
    Agreed Agreed Agreed
    I was just talking about this recently in my story thread.
    There's so many RPG's clogging the forums when a lot of them are unnecessary. Most of them involve school I notice. If there's already a ton of the same topic, why make new ones? :roll:
    I can never find interesting stories to read anymore due to all of the RPG's and i bet there's a whole bunch of awesome stories out there being ignored because nobody see's the threads.

I notice guru's respond to threads if you actually put something about a guru in the thread. For example, somebody posted over in the GD section about the "new page problem" us people with large threads have, and included something about a guru in the name and a guru came into the thread and responded quickly.
    So, Maybe try putting guru somewhere in the name? it's worth a try :)

I have nothing against RPG's but they just need their own section. I miss the way this section used to be. The tons of RPG's all started after one person started a thread saying it would be a cool idea and then people took the idea out of hand.
    edited October 2011
    I wouldn't say that they've been taken out of hand. Sure, there are lots of them, and lots of similar ones, and some people are taking the idea way out of hand, but for the most part, they seem pretty in-hand (if that's the correct term, rofl). They'd be perfectly controllable were they in their own section.

And I know exactly what you mean about school-based RPGs. I refused to join school-based RPGs. It's just because the first Sims 3 forums RPG was a school RPG, "Surviving High School", so everybody assumed that school was a really good idea when, in reality, structured school-style roleplay is nothing compared to freestyle sandbox roleplay. It's like TS3 and TSM - people prefer TS3 because there are endless possibilities, while in TSM you're limited to the quests they offer and there is no sandbox play.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I wouldn't say that they've been taken out of hand. Sure, there are lots of them, and lots of similar ones, and some people are taking the idea way out of hand, but for the most part, they seem pretty in-hand (if that's the correct term, rofl). They'd be perfectly controllable were they in their own section.

And I know exactly what you mean about school-based RPGs. I refused to join school-based RPGs. It's just because the first Sims 3 forums RPG was a school RPG, "Surviving High School", so everybody assumed that school was a really good idea when, in reality, structured school-style roleplay is nothing compared to freestyle sandbox roleplay. It's like TS3 and TSM - people prefer TS3 because there are endless possibilities, while in TSM you're limited to the quests they offer and there is no sandbox play.

:lol: Tell us how you really feel Lala. :lol: I'm sorry this post just maid me laugh. You have put a lot of thought into that which is good.