Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rockport V3. The best of both worlds.

Here is a brand new world started from scratch. It contains a mix of both Appaloosa Plains and Sunset Valley. It'll contain many large lots for horses and mansions and plenty of room for ambitions lots.
It should be pets compatible however I'm still waiting to get pets so I have to make do for now :lol:

Here's a few preview pics. I wouldn't say it'll look exactly like this when done and the trees are just for show at the moment as I'll probably use the pets trees. There are no objects on the world yet either so it should look a lot better when they are included. :D

Feedback and ideas would be appreciated. :wink:
NewWorld.png

Sunset.png

moonlight.png

sunrise.png

Comments

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited October 2011
    It's beautiful-I love the look of the terrain!
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited October 2011
    I always thought it would be nice to merge two worls into one. With my own world I 'added' the downtown area of Sunset Valley and also included Sim Lane from The Sims 1 into the world so I have a nice retro area to enjoy as well as a basic town centre from Sunset Valley and my own areas.

Good luck
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited October 2011
    This world is beautiful! :mrgreen:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi :)

It's beautiful. :)
    Did you merge the two maps or did you make it yourself?
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2011
    What a beautiful world. The road layout is simple, which is terrifc. Well done :thumbup:
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks everyone!

@ Conorsim Thanks That means a great deal to me. I think getting a good road layout is the hardest part of caw because you have to make it neat and it determines what the shape of the land will be.

@Rflong7 Yeah the world is done completely from scratch and is all hand crafted :-)
  • 3litz9963litz996 Posts: 43
    edited October 2011
    :shock: amazing!!
    BTW: can you have a download link to the world before you start work on it with Pets cause I dont have Pets but this world in amazing!!
    edited October 2011
    Yeah absolutely. I'm planning on creating 2 templates. one that uses base game trees and objects and one that uses pet stuff.

By the way does anyone here know what cloudiness setting hidden springs uses?
    Cheers! :mrgreen:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2011
    @ Conorsim Thanks That means a great deal to me. I think getting a good road layout is the hardest part of caw because you have to make it neat and it determines what the shape of the land will be.

I understand completely. Whenever I do a world I find doing the road layout the hardest part of it all. It really needs to be perfected in order to let the world be perfected. The roads are, essentially, the core of everything. They determine where the lots go, the heart of the town, the lay of the entire land & of course routing.

But I must say I do love your roads. :mrgreen:
  • ClawswpClawswp Posts: 470 New Member
    edited October 2011
    it looks lovely
    i like app plains but miss the beaches
    be nice if it has lots of lanes/dirt roads to ride on
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2011
    I think you should also upload one with just roads, terrain, and lots placed so some people who are to daft (me), to use CAW can kinda make our own worlds too. Because this is an AMAAAAZING looking world! :) Bookmarked for sure !
  • dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2011
    Looks amazing! :shock:
  • dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2011
    tayloremxx wrote:
    I think you should also upload one with just roads, terrain, and lots placed so some people who are to daft (me), to use CAW can kinda make our own worlds too. Because this is an AMAAAAZING looking world! :) Bookmarked for sure !

Good idea
    edited October 2011
    Sorry everyone. I don't have any new pics but there are a few things I should tell you
    The world is coming along perfectly although placing trees is quite difficult to do without being messy. :lol:
    The world will be uploaded in an empty state requiring pets only. A later version will be uploaded with lots requiring pets, generations and possibly town life Stuff.

The road layout and landscaping has changed a fair bit now. I will upload more pics when I get time :D

• JaguwarJaguwar Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2012
    There's been so much trouble with Pets, and it's such a new EP, really, it would be nice to have a version that *didn't* require it.... Just saying.

It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I hope you are continuing work on it. :)
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2012
    I know it is disheartening for those that don't have Pets, but I think this world would be wonderful with Pets, as far as I know most of the problems have been with horses getting stuck, but if trees are not placed too heavily and the routing is done proplerly, there shouldn't be a problem.

Good job, I like the look of this world!