Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing empty lots/splitting old ones

Hey guys! So I finally decided to remodel Sunset Valley to accomodate (mostly) ambitions and late night lots and also update the looks of all the community buildings.

Anyway, I have been frustrated by several things.
1- You can have a specific lot type (IE: Consignment store) and a rabbit hole on the same lot.
2- Many of the default community lots are ridiculously large
3- When trying to split those lots to accomodate Frustration #1, even if *ideally* you could easily split it in half, it is impossible because the lots need to be far away from each other

There must be some way around this. Of either splitting EA placed lots, or is there such a thing as a "moveobjects on" cheat for lots? I am sick of deleting an EA lot thats 3X bigger than the one I'm trying to place, and cant even place that lot. And I am also tired of trying to fit the copious amounts of different types of lots in the small confines of Sunset Valley!

Anyone know of a hack/mod/cheat that could remedy this?

Thanks!

Comments

• smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited October 2011
    you can absolutely have MANY different lots on the same lot. i made a "one stop shop" with 11 different rabbit holes on it. they all work. its a 64x64 lot, and it's in my studio. if you are in SV and you delete the science center, but not the blank lot it sits on, you can then place this lot there.
    you can also made a 10x10 lot, build your own consignment shop, and then label it as a consignment shop.

I believe you can mix rabbit holes and non rabbit holes, but you can't mix non rabbit holes, as you have to label said building like it is. unless you don't care, because you know where it is you're going anyway?

late night bothers me because everything is odd sized and so very large.
    best of luck!

I hope this helps some.
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited October 2011
    also, make sure when placing lots that you reset it from residential to community. I usually set it to "visitors allowed" until i figure out how else I am going to label it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi,

1. Do you mean you Can't have them together?
    Yes, they are large and yes, the Edit mode makes it have too much space in between lots.

You can check out some of the Sunset Valley worlds which have already been edited- then edit the lots from the world you like best. One might be just what you want without much world. :)

Or you can get CAW and edit the lite file to the way you want it. :)

• StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2011
    Another tip is holding the Alt key when placing new standard lots.
    This lets you rotate lot till it's aligned perfectly with roads & other lots. With some fiddling you can pack new lots in pretty tight.
    You could always add a few world objects in to decorate the gaps.:D
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com