This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Immediately Crashes When Trying to Load a Lot

Every time I place a family and try to open up the lot, the family loads, stands there for a few seconds, then immediately crashes to desktop.

This has happened to every family I've tried, even old families and families in different towns.

I have disabled DEP for the new EP, and deleted my Cache files. I also removed all my CC files and uninstalled the CAP Demo. Is there any fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited October 2011
    You need to have the TS3W.exe added to DEP as well. That file can be found in the bin folder for your base game.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited October 2011
    You need to have the TS3W.exe added to DEP as well. That file can be found in the bin folder for your base game.
    Ok, I had the base game already added to DEP, but I guess you're saying the other file needs to be added as well? I added it but had to leave for class, so I guess we'll try again once I get home.

Is anyone else having this problem or have fixed the issue?
  • Options
    kristixlynnkristixlynn Posts: 215
    edited October 2011
    I have it where I play a family for a few minutes and then it crashes to desktop. If you find a solution, please let me know. :(
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited October 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Ok, I had the base game already added to DEP, but I guess you're saying the other file needs to be added as well? I added it but had to leave for class, so I guess we'll try again once I get home.

Is anyone else having this problem or have fixed the issue?

Yeah, the TS3W.exe is the most important one to add, since it's the executable that the game calls when loading now, ever since one of the stuff packs.. I believe it was Outdoor Living.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."