Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to tame this wild horse...

So, it didn't take long for a wild horse to come on my lot. Like just a couple minutes. XD Also, the ice cream truck did stop at my house. Woot! Only got to play for like 15 minutes on my lunch break, but it was worth it!

I'm trying to tame this horse, though. It's so pretty. Black and white, the kind I have always wanted since I was a little girl. I keep having my Sim put her hand out to let it sniff it, and it DID sniff it once, but it won't anymore. It just runs away. The friendship bar has just a little green sliver on it. My Sim is going to need to eat soon, though! And go to the bathroom! I don't want to leave the horse, though, b/c I'm afraid I'll never see it again. :(

Anyone read of tips or know of a way to tame wild horses? Makes sense that you can't do it right away, but I don't know how to find it again. :(

Comments

• devinelgihdevinelgih Posts: 44
    edited October 2011
    I wish I knew.. hm.. you know, if its on your lot, why dont you go into build mode, build a fence around that horse (lol) to keep it there until you figure it out? Just a thought :P
  • ChrmdRcks20ChrmdRcks20 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2011
    ... Crud! That's a great idea! I should have thought of that when it was on my lot! lol. I've chased it several lots over now. lol. I wonder if I could chase it back onto mine... Great idea!
  • devinelgihdevinelgih Posts: 44
    edited October 2011
    lol, glad to help! Hope you catch it :)
  • SylinaBSylinaB Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure you will see it again...in fact it got rather annoying to see the same few horses everywhere I went :roll:
  • ChristinaKP1986ChristinaKP1986 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2011
    It says in simvip's gameguide, in the part about the riding-skill "Level 8: You may now adopt wild horses".
    So you might need quite a bit of ridingskill before you can do it.
    Link to the gameguide: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=2101
    edited October 2011
    Me, too! I'll post on here if I do. ;) I saw another thread on here just a little bit ago about how they were wondering where to find the same wild horse again. Another person said on that thread that they read the Sim has to have a level 1 riding skill in order to tame one. I hope not, b/c how will I get a riding skill if a don't have a horse?? xp lol!
  • tippetmasstertippetmasster Posts: 43
    edited October 2011
    You need a level 8 riding skill to adopt a wild horse according to the game guide here:

http://simsvip.com/?page_id=2101
    edited October 2011
    It says in simvip's gameguide, in the part about the riding-skill "Level 8: You may now adopt wild horses".

Dang dang dang! But good to know so I didn't keep wasting my time on it. lol. Thank you much!!

And SylinaB, that's great to hear! Not good to know that there are so many horses all the time, but good to know that I might get to see it again. :)

If it does come around again, though, I just might enclose it in a fence like the first responder suggested. ;) lol!! Hope it would eat the food I set out for it.
    edited October 2011
    Me, too! I'll post on here if I do. ;) I saw another thread on here just a little bit ago about how they were wondering where to find the same wild horse again. Another person said on that thread that they read the Sim has to have a level 1 riding skill in order to tame one. I hope not, b/c how will I get a riding skill if a don't have a horse?? xp lol!

You can get a horse in another way than by taming a wild one. You can get it from the equestrian center or create one yourself :-)
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited October 2011
    Make sure it doesn't *** in your yard. Horse *** is BIG.
    rifJadC.png
    edited October 2011

Dang dang dang! But good to know so I didn't keep wasting my time on it. lol. Thank you much!!

And SylinaB, that's great to hear! Not good to know that there are so many horses all the time, but good to know that I might get to see it again. :)

If it does come around again, though, I just might enclose it in a fence like the first responder suggested. ;) lol!! Hope it would eat the food I set out for it.

You're welcome. Good luck with the training :-)
  • SylinaBSylinaB Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2011

Actually I would have been glad if it were more but it was the same 4 horses :lol: either way its ok though, I like them
    edited October 2011
    Same 4 horses? I like my odds! XD Though it would be cool to have like an entire herd that would run through the wilderness from time to time. XD

And Jdavij20033, your post made me laugh! lol!! That also makes me wonder if they have a 'clean barn' option or not.

ChristinaKP1986, I didn't know you could buy them from the equestrian centers! I thought they were just for training. I thought I'd have to buy them from the pet store (though where they'd keep them, idk), and I can't install the pet store until I get home b/c I can't hook up my gaming laptop to my work's internet connection. This is good to know! Thanks!

And thanks for the good luck wish! I almost feel overwhelmed with all these ep's now b/c there are so many options and I"m like... okay, I want my Sim to get to the top of her acting career, I want her to be a fashion designer, I want to get her to level 8 of riding so I can tame that wild horse, and I want her daughter to take ballet and then have a sleep over. lol!!!
  • blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well, good news is that it's not like it's just going to poof from the neighborhood :)

Even if you need a level 8 riding skill, building a relationship with the horse couldn't hurt. Maybe it works better if you're sim's in a good mood (not having to eat or use the bathroom), like with normal social interactions.
    edited October 2011
    Well that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. I don't know where it came from, so I was afraid it would poof away, too. So it's good to know the same ones stick around! :D

And that's a good point. I could try to build a relationship with it while I work on my riding skill. And be in a better mood next time. ;) My Sim sure likes watching the wild horse, though! XD I just did a few interactions with it and the Sim freaked out. It had like 3 wishes pop up during the interactions. lol! I'm glad.
  • BloodNBiteMarksBloodNBiteMarks Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm going to give you a cheat but before I do here is my disclaimer since people get mean and rude for some reason:

I am not FORCING anyone to do this cheat and I am not encouraging anyone to be a cheater.

I simply know OF the cheat and therefor as a curtousy am going to give it so that others who wish to take a more simpler rout may.

Please do not chew me out and call me a cheater or write me a rant about how using cheats takes all the fun out of the game.

Anyway, here is the cheat. It is NOT a download. You do NOT have to have any mods. It works on all EX and stuffs and is simply A PART OF THE GAME. Anyone can use this it requires no downloads. IT IS PART OF THE GAME.

Here:

Press CTRL and C at the same time WHILE PLAYING. This will bring a semi translucent box to the top screen.

Type this exactly: testingcheatsenabled true (space included) PRESS ENTER

Next, you must AT LEAST watch the desired animal (horse in this instance) ONE time in order for it to allow you to pet it.

THEN you must pet it. While your sim is about to pet it open your sim's relationship menu. As soon as you pet the horse, if your menu is set to show ALL relationships, the horse will pop up as the first picture.

CLICK AND DRAG YOUR MOUSE ACROSS THE RELATIONSHIP BAR OR THE HORSE. The left bar is a negative relationship, the Right is a positive relationship. If you drag all the way across to the right, you will be become best friends and have the option of adopting it.

Alternatively you can just manually try to gain that horse's trust. I've been waiting for a foal to come back for some sim days now and there has been no sign of him.
    Hope this helps you. =)

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that you have to have SOME riding skill in order to adopt ANY wild horse. I don't know to what level it has to be but you wont ever be able to adopt a wild horse no matter what your relationship to them is if you don't have some riding skill.
    edited October 2011
    Thanks BloodNBiteMarks. :) I thought about doing that with the horse b/c I did that with my huge Sims family before. Otherwise, it would take too much time and be impossible for them all to stay loving toward each other! But I think I'll go the slow route with the horse just to make it seem more real. But thank you for the tip, though! It might come in really handy for other Simmers. :)
    edited October 2011
    ChristinaKP1986, I didn't know you could buy them from the equestrian centers! I thought they were just for training. I thought I'd have to buy them from the pet store (though where they'd keep them, idk), and I can't install the pet store until I get home b/c I can't hook up my gaming laptop to my work's internet connection. This is good to know! Thanks!

And thanks for the good luck wish! I almost feel overwhelmed with all these ep's now b/c there are so many options and I"m like... okay, I want my Sim to get to the top of her acting career, I want her to be a fashion designer, I want to get her to level 8 of riding so I can tame that wild horse, and I want her daughter to take ballet and then have a sleep over. lol!!!

Yup, that's how I've understood it. Ofcourse I can't guarantee anything, since the game doesn't come out here untill thursday.

Haha, yeah I know that luxury-problem of having so many options and wanting to do it all. I've started to always make my sims lifetime long, so they have time to accomplish a lot of different things before they go to sim-heaven :-) I can reccomend that!
    edited October 2011
    I've done that a few times. :) It's fun, a lot more fun with Generations now. I used to just want to start over with a young adult so I only had her to worry about and I could have her focus on doing all the cool things. But Generations made having a family go through all stages easier and more interesting. Still wish they had put more toddler features in, though, b/c Sims 3 toddlers are so much more boring than Sims 2 toddlers!
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I know. Generations spiced the gameplay up a lot!
    You're right that toddlers are pretty boring. It's practical that we can now adjust the length of individual ages seperatly, so I usually make the toddler-part pretty short, but the teen, young adult and adult long. Nice to be able to have a long lifespan without also having to deal with boring babies and toddlers for too long :-)
    edited October 2011
    Definitely agree! I think the user-controllable lifetime span bars for each age is one of the best features of Sims 3.
  • SkateSimSkateSim Posts: 55 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Well if it's a good relationship you need with the horse, and don't mind cheating, just simply do testing cheats enabled on. then drag the relationship bar (the one you have with the horse) to your right. Instant best friends!!
  • NoMoreNamesNoMoreNames Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I'd say just try getting to level 10 riding, at that point you can whisper to the horses to gain their trust. Best of luck :)
  • pandabioticpandabiotic Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ah... More riding skill! Thanks for the tip!

After giving up on getting the wild horse (because I had 0 riding skill oops), I used the newspaper (you can also use the phone or computer) to Adopt Pet from Shelter. If you do that it's free! The horse I got was "Untrained" but I trained him pretty quickly. Now my sim is happily galloping around town and learning the riding skill while having a great time! I'm still going to try for that wild horse though... ;)
  • cpromisel123cpromisel123 Posts: 112 Member
    edited October 2011
    After spending an entire sim day chasing around a wild horse, I discovered it's possible to build up a relationship by simply observing it for quite some time. If the horse sees you or if you attempt to make any contact, it will sometimes run away, forcing you to chase after it to continue "watching the horse". Slowly but surely the relationship bar will raise until you are friends with it.

Note: I had zero riding skill when I befriended it, so although the option to adopt the horse came up, it was grayed out and said my riding level was too low :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top