Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The codes got switched around! (An edit for pets Plus people)

Comments

• Options
    LunaDiemLunaDiem Posts: 77
    edited October 2011
    xVerodoll wrote:

I said I installed both copies that came with the plus. I installed the original game and after it installed, I tried installing the pets. The code does not work.

Did the Sims 3 code work?
  • Options
    xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    LunaDiem wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:

I said I installed both copies that came with the plus. I installed the original game and after it installed, I tried installing the pets. The code does not work.

Yes, it did!
  • Options
    coolerthanranchcoolerthanranch Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:
    I AM SO MAD!! I went to gamestop, asked to preorder, went in today and they gave me The Sims 3 Pets PLUS. Brings the main game and CD. So installed both on my new computer. Guess what. The CODE doesn't work either! What the hell? This really sucks. Don't know what to do. *Sigh*

AGAIN:

1) Either you may have mistyped the codes
    2) Plus Pets is a "combo" pack, meaning both the codes co-exist with each other. You need to have both of those installed together, you can't have part of it installed.

___

@KaraDarkholm, as you are in fact really tired, did you make sure you didn't mess up 1 code? I tend to have my moments and type the wrong code for like 30 minutes, figuring out it was one single letter.
    I'll give it one more shot and go careful letter by letter. If it doesn't work, I'm just going to give up and go the frick to sleep.

I'm tired of this crap. I might just take it back tomorrow, tell Gamestop the code didn't work, and get a new game. -grump-

oh this is awesome. i never said anything when the last sims 3 ep took for ever to direct download. but this. this is too good. i mean. really the whol serial not working on a physical copy. if there ever was a time to complain the time is now. i want answers. why release a half done game?

• Options
    KaraDarkholmKaraDarkholm Posts: 39
    edited October 2011
    oh this is awesome. i never said anything when the last sims 3 ep took for ever to direct download. but this. this is too good. i mean. really the whol serial not working on a physical copy. if there ever was a time to complain the time is now. i want answers. why release a half done game?
    I just... even with someone installing both, the pets install code won't work. I guess the best thing for us Pets + people to do is just wait. Seems that's all we can do.

I am beyond peeved.
  • Options
    Ryuzaki5Ryuzaki5 Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2011
    Having the exact same problem as everyone else here is having. I dont see the point in reinstalling the base game, as i already have a hard copy of it. In fact, I have every expansion and stuff pack (minus 1)on hard copy and all have been installed successfully. The CODE is invalid, and that is EA's fault, not mine.
    I will try this again at a more decent hour, giving EA plenty of time to fix this truly EPIC FAIL on their part, as i have to work, and i suggest that my fellow simmers do the same. I dont plan to work myself into a frenzy before the sun rises here on the east coast tyvm.

Now, if this problem doesnt get resolved i plan to return to gamestop, get my $43 back, and put money down on AC: Revelations. as far as i know, Ubisoft has yet to screw me over to this degree (if i disregard the problem i had with their facebook game...)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ryuzaki5 wrote:
    Having the exact same problem as everyone else here is having. I dont see the point in reinstalling the base game, as i already have a hard copy of it. In fact, I have every expansion and stuff pack (minus 1)on hard copy and all have been installed successfully. The CODE is invalid, and that is EA's fault, not mine.
    I will try this again at a more decent hour, giving EA plenty of time to fix this truly EPIC FAIL on their part, as i have to work, and i suggest that my fellow simmers do the same. I dont plan to work myself into a frenzy before the sun rises here on the east coast tyvm.

Now, if this problem doesnt get resolved i plan to return to gamestop, get my $43 back, and put money down on AC: Revelations. as far as i know, Ubisoft has yet to screw me over to this degree (if i disregard the problem i had with their facebook game...)
    No kidding. If nothing is fixed by tomorrow afternoon, I plan on getting my money back and maybe buying some groceries with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ryuzaki5 wrote:

i love you. try deus ex
  • Options
    WhismereWhismere Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I as well cant download the game with this broken code (tried multiple combinations lots of times!)..../sigh wanted to play the game for a hour tonight before I have real life responsibilities tomorrow. It seems as a foregone conclusion would be that at least a fair amt of the codes for the limited edition Pets plus portion of the expac doesnt work. In my opinion for our grievance they should give us sims bucks ;). oh well I'm a die hard sims fan and hope this is fixed soon. Cheers and good luck to all of us broken coded simmers.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    xVerodoll wrote:
    LunaDiem wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:

Yes, it did!

Ah, see I think I've spotted the problem. They've issued a bad batch of Reg Codes in the Plus packs. My hubby did a trace on the verification, it's not even going online to verify the code. Which I think means it's within the files on the disk itself. I'm debating between being a pain in the behind and bugging them every hour and going to bed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LunaDiem wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:
    LunaDiem wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:

Yes, it did!

Ah, see I think I've spotted the problem. They've issued a bad batch of Reg Codes in the Plus packs. My hubby did a trace on the verification, it's not even going online to verify the code. Which I think means it's within the files on the disk itself. I'm debating between being a pain in the behind and bugging them every hour and going to bed.

where are those lovely EA correspondent forum regulators. COME HERE SIM GURU. lets get this sorted thankyou.
  • Options
    kjh567kjh567 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I had the exact problem, i was very mad but as i tried over and over i discovered that the code to redeem your exclusive items was acually the regestration code. it worked for me i used the code on the red paper with the picture of a pet store on it. Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    nod1313nod1313 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    this so worked the correct code is on the red paper
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well glad to know the Pet Store Code and the Pets Expansion Code got switched around >.>
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    kjh567 wrote:
    I had the exact problem, i was very mad but as i tried over and over i discovered that the code to redeem your exclusive items was acually the regestration code. it worked for me i used the code on the red paper with the picture of a pet store on it. Hope this helps!!

And there it goes.

Mother fletching wicker basket. I hope they post a sticky about this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I want people to see this, so back up we go.
  • Options
    C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited October 2011
    Man, I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just spent a hour with CS trying to get a new code. Now when I try to get my exclusive items, I hope the codes on the paper still work. Otherwise, I'll spend another hour on chat trying to get the exclusive items code. :roll:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    C_Leilani wrote:
    Man, I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just spent a hour with CS trying to get a new code. Now when I try to get my exclusive items, I hope the codes on the paper still work. Otherwise, I'll spend another hour on chat trying to get the exclusive items code. :roll:
    Looks like we don't even need a code for that. Just need to register the game or something. But the pet store is giving everyone issues too.

SO CONFUSED.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    back up we go
  • Options
    xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Thanks SO MUCH you guys! It worked! It's installing! *SQUEEEE* :D
  • Options
    SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Kera, you have to put the game on to your profile like your others on here.
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for this post! I got Pet's Plus at Wal-mart cuz that's all they had lol... i was gonna be ****** if I couldn't install!
  • Options
    MuffinsDaAlienMuffinsDaAlien Posts: 417 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm getting the Pets expansion pack. Do I need to be wary of this issue?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    AlanOwen wrote:
    I'm getting the Pets expansion pack. Do I need to be wary of this issue?
    Not sure if its just pets plus or if it's pets overall. I think it's just Pets Plus
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh man! Thanks for figuring this out! I'm installing! SQUEEEE!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LunaDiem wrote:
    Oh man! Thanks for figuring this out! I'm installing! SQUEEEE!
    Gods, I know! If only I'd tried this last night D: