Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The codes got switched around! (An edit for pets Plus people)

Comments

• KaraDarkholmKaraDarkholm Posts: 39
    edited October 2011
    The code doesn't work anyway. Dunno what they'd get out of it. It's invalid.

Tried the second code. Also didn't work. Of course. And i have to be up in 5 hours.
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    Yeah, i have a downloaded copy of Sims 3. So that's already installed, and this was the only edition they had at my gamestop. Was still the same price as the other.

OHHHHHH!

That may make sense! Since you got the PLUS Pets, that code only works with the code of the physical copy of the sims 3 you just bought!

I recommend uninstall your "entire" game, then install the Plus Pets only.

That may be the solution to your problem *hugs*
    Dear sweet Jesus, I hate this thing.

Thanks, I'll give that a try too. Hopefully all my downloads will still be here. i spent good money on those.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    Yeah, i have a downloaded copy of Sims 3. So that's already installed, and this was the only edition they had at my gamestop. Was still the same price as the other.

OHHHHHH!

That may make sense! Since you got the PLUS Pets, that code only works with the code of the physical copy of the sims 3 you just bought!

Thanks, I'll give that a try too. Hopefully all my downloads will still be here. i spent good money on those.

Dear, your downloads will be deleted.

Make a Copy of your Sims 3 Files. *THIS IS A MUST*

That way you can just paste it into your new game without having to redownload or anything.
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

OHHHHHH!

Dear, your downloads will be deleted.

Make a Copy of your Sims 3 Files. *THIS IS A MUST*

That way you can just paste it into your new game without having to redownload or anything.
    Great. I wish this wasn't so complicated. -grump-
  • coolerthanranchcoolerthanranch Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I am having the same problem. i wont begin to complain since ive posted my own thread for that elsewhere. am both relieved and disturbed that someone is having the same issue w their physical copies's serial.
    i REFUSE to delete my original sims and reinstall because it because i bought the pets plus. seriously!?!? the code should work. end of story. and its not. that is EA's problem
    edited October 2011
    I am having the same problem. i wont begin to complain since ive posted my own thread for that elsewhere. am both relieved and disturbed that someone is having the same issue w their physical copies's serial.
    i REFUSE to delete my original sims and reinstall because it because i bought the pets plus. seriously!?!? the code should work. end of story. and its not. that is EA's problem
    I kinda feel the same way, but if it gets me to my game faster...
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2011

But see you bought something specific and if you dont install it propperly that is not EAs fault if you had the base game you shouldnt have got pets plus

also as for the Downloads you spent good money on if your talking about on the sims store you can still download those silly
    edited October 2011
    If you have digital download SP's and EP's, here are the steps:

1) Make a Copy of your Sims 3 Folder into the desktop or something
    2) Uninstall all expansion packs
    3) Install the Sims 3 Game that came with Plus Pets
    4) Proceed to install the Pets part of it.
    5) Install of your SP"s and EP's
    6) Put a copy of the sims 3 folder you made into the game and see if that works.

I know it's a drag but I hope it works for you hun! You should have gotten the Pets only instead x.x
    edited October 2011

ok i wont lie im willing to do it. but im depressed about this whole thing. the packaging was lackluster and part of me wonders if i got some sort of knock off copy because of the lack of care they placed into packaging.. i mean. we are ALL excited about this product. why isnt EA? i wonder what maxis wouldve done ??? when did EA decided that sims was the least of their priorities. the game packageing was crap and their was no game booklet nothing cute or cheeky to say about the game. and the thing doesnt even work.
    but i bought it from walmart.. soooooooo i guess its the reall deal. i can only hope i dont have to hunt someone down in customer service (probably with an unintelligble accent) to help me
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:

6) Put a copy of the sims 3 folder you made into the game and see if that works.

I know it's a drag but I hope it works for you hun! You should have gotten the Pets only instead x.x
    It was the only thing that Gamestop had! It's not my fault the store was a goober!

Plus the guy on the help chat said having a digital copy would not affect the installation of Pets =/

So this is EA's fault.
    edited October 2011

ok i wont lie im willing to do it. but im depressed about this whole thing. the packaging was lackluster and part of me wonders if i got some sort of knock off copy because of the lack of care they placed into packaging.. i mean. we are ALL excited about this product. why isnt EA? i wonder what maxis wouldve done ??? when did EA decided that sims was the least of their priorities. the game packageing was crap and their was no game booklet nothing cute or cheeky to say about the game. and the thing doesnt even work.
    but i bought it from walmart.. soooooooo i guess its the reall deal. i can only hope i dont have to hunt someone down in customer service (probably with an unintelligble accent) to help me

The Reason Plus Pets was there was because it's for "NEW" players to get the base game and Pets without having to pay $80 bucks for getting both games.

Current Simmers should have only gotten the Pets expansion and new simmers would be able to get the Plus Pets.

I believe the same situation happened with the Deluxe Game also (correct me if I'm wrong maybe? x.x )
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:

It was the only thing that Gamestop had! It's not my fault the store was a goober!

Plus the guy on the help chat said having a digital copy would not affect the installation of Pets =/

So this is EA's fault.

Did you tell him you got the "Plus Pets" copy, not the Pets copy?
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

So this is EA's fault.

Did you tell him you got the "Plus Pets" copy, not the Pets copy?
    Yeah, and he said it shouldn't be an issue. Then he disconnected me and now I'm talking to someone else who said the game isn't released yet, check back in 12 hours.
  • creatived23creatived23 Posts: 421 Member
    edited October 2011
    Reinstalling is the best bet then
    edited October 2011
    OMG tell them its a plus pets people are trying to help you just back up your folder and reinstall or ask EA chat to give you a new code.
    I ASKED. They said The game isn't officially released yet and i should check back later.

Not to mention the other guy said it shouldn't matter if it's pets plus or not.
  • xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    I AM SO MAD!! I went to gamestop, asked to preorder, went in today and they gave me The Sims 3 Pets PLUS. I didn't ask for it, it's just what came. Brings the main game and CD. My computer is having cd drive issues so I decided to just install both games in my other computer. Guess what. The CODE doesn't work either! What the hell? This really sucks. Don't know what to do. *Sigh*
    edited October 2011
    OMG tell them its a plus pets people are trying to help you just back up your folder and reinstall or ask EA chat to give you a new code.
    I ASKED. They said The game isn't officially released yet and i should check back later.

Not to mention the other guy said it shouldn't matter if it's pets plus or not.

I've lost faith in customer service most of the time as 3/4 of the time they don't know how the product works really.

Don't hold your breathe that the guy is right.
    edited October 2011

OK SO IS IT WORKING FOR YOU. just wondering before i do all of this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    edited October 2011
    xVerodoll wrote:
    I AM SO MAD!! I went to gamestop, asked to preorder, went in today and they gave me The Sims 3 Pets PLUS. Brings the main game and CD. So installed both on my new computer. Guess what. The CODE doesn't work either! What the hell? This really sucks. Don't know what to do. *Sigh*
    Looks like all of us with Pets Plus got the shaft.
    edited October 2011

OK SO IS IT WORKING FOR YOU. just wondering before i do all of this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

wait just kidding i have all the expansions. i want answers from an EA bot if necessary.
    edited October 2011

According to xVerodoll apparently not. After installing Sims3 hard copy from Plus, the code for Pets still didn't work.

ugh. This is giving me a headache
    edited October 2011
    xVerodoll wrote:
    I AM SO MAD!! I went to gamestop, asked to preorder, went in today and they gave me The Sims 3 Pets PLUS. Brings the main game and CD. So installed both on my new computer. Guess what. The CODE doesn't work either! What the hell? This really sucks. Don't know what to do. *Sigh*

AGAIN:

1) Either you may have mistyped the codes
    2) Plus Pets is a "combo" pack, meaning both the codes co-exist with each other. You need to have both of those installed together, you can't have part of it installed.

___

@KaraDarkholm, as you are in fact really tired, did you make sure you didn't mess up 1 code? I tend to have my moments and type the wrong code for like 30 minutes, figuring out it was one single letter.
  • LunaDiemLunaDiem Posts: 77
    edited October 2011
    I too contacted EA about my code from Pets Plus being invalid. And I got the canned response that the Registration Code Authentication service is down. He wouldn't give me any more details than to wait 4-5 hours for it to be fixed.

As I said, I purchased Pets Plus, that is Sims 3 and Pets in the same box on two separate disks. The Sims 3 on one and pets on the other. There should be no reason to uninstall and reinstall everything because Pets is on its own disk.

I'm still royally cheesed though. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: I failed to mention that there are 2 disks and 3 separate codes: 1 for Sims 3, 1 for Pets and 1 for the Pet Shop.
  • xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:

AGAIN:

2) Plus Pets is a "combo" pack, meaning both the codes co-exist with each other. You need to have both of those installed together, you can't have part of it installed.

___

@KaraDarkholm, as you are in fact really tired, did you make sure you didn't mess up 1 code? I tend to have my moments and type the wrong code for like 30 minutes, figuring out it was one single letter.

I said I installed both copies that came with the plus. I installed the original game and after it installed, I tried installing the pets. The code does not work.
    edited October 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    xVerodoll wrote:

AGAIN:

___

I'll give it one more shot and go careful letter by letter. If it doesn't work, I'm just going to give up and go the frick to sleep.

I'm tired of this crap. I might just take it back tomorrow, tell Gamestop the code didn't work, and get a new game. -grump-