Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twin Foals?

I've looked around for this and seen it once or twice but: do you think there will be a possibility of twin foals when horses breed? Maybe they have a fertility treatment like the sims do. I've seen a spoiler about a lifetime reward like this... what are your thoughts?

BABY TWIN UNICORNS! :D

Comments

• smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm pretty sure they can't and twin horse foals are very rare in real life (not exactly sure why, something about the mother not being able to support both properly maybe?), so it'll be only one foal at a time.
  • LadyAroraLadyArora Posts: 408 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey, as cool as that would be they've already said that horses can only have one foal at a time.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2011
    They have already stated that horses will ONLY have 1 foal at a time cats and dogs can have multiples
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't think a horse could carry more than one...that'd be tight and uncomfortable.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's super rare for horses to have twin foals. Usually it results in birth complications and most of the time one foal dies. =(
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • RuusaanycRuusaanyc Posts: 130 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Having a degree in animal repro, I can tell you that horses do actually conceive twins quite often, but usually one is aborted very early on in pregnancy. If not, twins result in one of three scenarios: 1) one dead foal, one live foal 2) two dead foals 3) two dead foals and a dead mare. Maaaaybe every 150 years or so something bizarre will happen and a mare will have live twins and then people take all kinds of pictures and shove them in the experts' faces and say "See? TWINS! So THERE!" Then we roll our eyes, mutter something about exceptions that prove the rule and get on with life. :-)

Admittedly RL biology has nothing to do with computer game horses, but it's been said several times that foals only come one at a time in Pets. Which stinks, cause I'd like twin unicorn foals, too. :D I mean, come on! It's a mythological beast that can set things on fire and teleport, why can't it have twins? :wink: But it would probably be too complicated to have a possibility for twins only with a unicorn mother.
  • SisterSims3SisterSims3 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks everyone for replying! :) I tried looking for this answer but I never found it. Well that would be cool if they did but one foal is good for me too :D THANKS!
  • EmmiMaeEmmiMae Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah they can't have twins in the game but at first playing sims 3 pets I thought they could because when my mares are pregnant an thought bubble shows up with a green pacifier with a number 2 at the bottom which in Sims means twins so if a horse can think about twins you'd think they would have some right? Maybe eventually someone would make a twin foal mod for us :)
  • EyelinerQueen53EyelinerQueen53 Posts: 16
    edited December 2011
    I have just bred my Wild Horse, and she had a symbol with a pacifire with a 2 next to it. Is that possibly twins? :!:
  • hidihihidihi Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    guys u can have twin foals in sims 3 if u get ur horse bleesed while pregnant by a unicorn and if they mate with aunicorn peopel ar saying its true ive justed been blessed so i will soon find out but yh in reel life really rare and they normannly die
  • AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Actually...its not every 150 years or so. I have THREE horses that all have a LIVE twin.

My best stud horse is actually the second born an named Mystery due to being alive still today he's the best jumper I own in fact.
  • OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The comments are wrong!!!! :thumbdown:
    It IS possible! Some actually have TRIPLETS! But its one in a thousand chance to have twins. And 1 in tenthousand for triplets.
    edited January 2012
    Its not even that high, its a RARE chance that BOTH foals and the mother survive an if it does the smaller one basicly has to be babysat 24/7 until its strong enough to take care of itself IE graze an eat solids as the mare doesn't tend to produce enough milk for both foals.

One of my mares had twins an we lost her but both foals survived
  • ireadtons99ireadtons99 Posts: 516 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Well in real life the chances of twin foals are 50 in 100,000,000. the chances of them both surviving to age 2 is 2 out of 100,000,000. so, I really doubt it's possible in the sims.
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Don't horses have the fertility treatment life reward?

I don't think I'd really go for twin foals- they don't usually happen, and think of how big an adult mare is.. think of how big a foal is. They're large and powerful animals.. but not that large.

I'd pity the mother, too.
  • l3reyerl3reyer Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    Horses in fact CAN have twin foals in real life, but it is pretty rare for it to happen. :-) But sadly in the game, they've already stated that horses can only have one foal at a time. :cry:
  • OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited April 2012
    l3reyer wrote:
    Horses in fact CAN have twin foals in real life, but it is pretty rare for it to happen. :-) But sadly in the game, they've already stated that horses can only have one foal at a time. :cry:
    W.R.O.N.G

You CAN have twins and triplets. The mother or one of the foals usually dies though. As I said before, it is a VERY VERY VERY rare happening though.
    edited April 2012
    Not all that rare, one of my belgian mares just dropped a set of twins. Though the "runt" of the two is laying down in my living room as we have to bottle feed her an keep a very close eye on her we have been told there's a high chance both foals an mare will survive an be healthy.
  • niokapayneniokapayne Posts: 103
    edited April 2012
    You can always cheat and use NRAAS master controller

If you happen to have it.. Nraas > Master Controller > Intermediate (pretty sure, anyway) > Instant Baby > Home Lot (If you own the sire.. You can have two mares spawn a baby this way too) *If you don't own the sire, you can scroll down the list and there should be "Species" I believe? And you can find the available horse you want that way

There's also a Pollinate option somewhere, and I've accidently pollinated a stud >_< so.. we'll see what happens there.

Instant baby has no Gestation period, it just spawns the foal. And it'll ask you how many foals to have, I've only gone up to 3 at a time (Using it so I can have Pick of the Litter, really xD) and you can pick the genders - all fillies/females, colts/males, or let the game choose.
  • ally0070ally0070 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Okay. Horses can have twins and triplets. The Hobble household had triplet foals from shadow hobble. I didn't play the family so this can happen. I atempted to have twin foals by already having a pregnant mare on my lot and switching households. And it worked I don't have any photos of them because it happened before I read this forum. I have also heard that if your pregnant mare gets blessed by a unicorn there is a slite chance that she may conseve twin foals. But I havent tried it yet.
    I hope this helped:)
  • ally0070ally0070 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Where can you get the master controller mod??
  • briget34briget34 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Horses can have twins if they are blessed by a unicorn while pregnant :mrgreen:
  • wozkinwozkin Posts: 14
    edited August 2012
    AithneCroi wrote:
    Not all that rare, one of my belgian mares just dropped a set of twins. Though the "runt" of the two is laying down in my living room as we have to bottle feed her an keep a very close eye on her we have been told there's a high chance both foals an mare will survive an be healthy.

Is that is real life or the game?
  • ABlueCaesarABlueCaesar Posts: 96 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've actually had twin foals. well they technicly were't my horse's twins but they were brother and sister. Both the same age and both showed up on my lot. So I ended up having 3 baby horses. What I did was once it said my mare was pregnant I ******** houses for the whole time she was pregnant. Then I went back to that sim family after that certain time and there were 3 foals in my lot.
  • StormdragonchickStormdragonchick Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    my friend had a horse female that has had 3 sets of twins... sadly the one of the twin foals died but the first and the last one as a success :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top