Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Tips :)

I do apologise if there is a topic like this one somewhere, I did do a search but couldn't find anything.

Any ways my question is can anyone give me any tips when starting a legacy? What I mainly want to find out is what furniture do you update first?

I have come into some money from working and wondering whether to buy a new fridge first? Or bed? Or toilet? etc

Thanks for any advance given :)

Comments

• NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited October 2011
    No Tips?
  • BlueNosedFriendBlueNosedFriend Posts: 9,401 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a tip! It's important that when building your sims house that they have at least a bed and a fridge. Then if you can afford it buy a toilet. And after that add on what you feel is needed in the house untill you have a fully functioning house for your legacy! Another tip is to make it interesting and don't rush it. If you are wondering about any ways to make it interesting and looking for inspiration, I reccomend that you check out some of the legacies and rainbowcies on here. You should check out Bebsie's 'Friendship.' shiftacy, Bebsie's and Sims3PlayrG's 'Sticks and Stones - The Michaels Legacy', Drapes' 'Manicorn Legacy' and Skip45's 'Too Much Color, Too Little Time'. They are all great for a wide range of inspiration and ideas.
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure what you started with furniture wise but for sanity's sake - I'd work on HAVING a bed (possibly a double so you can woohoo and create the next generation lol), a sink (to wash hands, dishes, brush teeth in a hygiene pinch), a fridge (for obvious reasons), a toilet (again, obvious - it can be a long trip to the nearest public restroom lol).

After you have those - a table and chair(s) and a shower would be the next thing I'd get.

Save money for a crib and/or another bed for when your founder has children. a baby and toddler CAN sleep on the floor but they have an easier time of it in a crib.

One of my legacy founders had triplets the first go and they all ended up on the floor because there was no way I could afford 3 cribs. Thankfully by the time they aged up, they had beds and even walls. lol

If you have generations, sleeping bags are a cheap alternative to a bed! :D
    Xois5I.jpg
  • NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for both of your replies. I have a house full of all the essential furniture, so iv got a double bed, shower, sink, toilet etc.

What I would like to know is once I have enough, which should I update first? All my furnishings are the cheapest possible and all give off negative moodlets.
  • BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited October 2011
    I reccomend that you check out some of the legacies and rainbowcies on here. You should check out Bebsie's 'Friendship.' shiftacy, Bebsie's and Sims3PlayrG's 'Sticks and Stones - The Michaels Legacy', Drapes' 'Manicorn Legacy' and Skip45's 'Too Much Color, Too Little Time'. They are all great for a wide range of inspiration and ideas.

(Thank you, ;))

Furniture if you have gen don't buy a bed. Buy a sleeping bag. And when you finally get a room, when decorating try to keep to cheap wall painting and flooring, or even better the free ones :mrgreen:
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for both of your replies. I have a house full of all the essential furniture, so iv got a double bed, shower, sink, toilet etc.

What I would like to know is once I have enough, which should I update first? All my furnishings are the cheapest possible and all give off negative moodlets.

I usually start building a basic house then. I hate having them live outside with only one wall lol. There are some free/very cheap carpet/flooring and wall covering so use those so you don't get the neg. moodlet for unfinished.

If you're okay with them living outside (assuming they still are) I'd work on a better bed and better fridge first.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if this helps, but here goes...

After I have all the essentials, I always upgrade the bed first. There is nothing worse than having a sim in a bad mood all the time because they cannot get a full night sleep because they are in an uber cheap bed.

After I have upgraded the bed, I upgrade the shower to get rid of the occasional cold shower moodlets.

Next I upgrade the fridge so meals last longer. Then depending on how my sim's handiness skills are progressing I will either replace the sink or toilet that are always breaking. If my sim's handiness skill is still pretty low, I will upgrade the stove next, giving my sim more time to increase their handiness by fixing the leaks and clogs because it seems to increase their skill levels quicker than the book in my experience.

Of course there are always things that come up, the extra cribs, the replacement of fire-charred items, etc. but these are big things that I work on replacing as my sim gains more funds.

Again, hope that helps!