Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

disappearing stuff

I had problems after installing Town Life, and had to uninstall my game plus all add-ons. On reinstalling I find I have lost lots of stuff which came with previous add-ons, sofas, curtains, etc. Does anyone know why and if I can get it back.

It isn´t Exchange stuff, because I don´t download it, I can customise my own, but it is frustrating to see that my furniture etc is serious depleted. :(

Comments

• hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited October 2011
    If you mean store stuff, yeah, I know how that goes! I think my thread about it is some six pages long now. LOL If you mean it is uninstalling expansion or stuff pack items, I have actually had that happen too. All you can do in that case is make a backup of your downloads, saved games, etc. And uninstall and reinstall game, hopefully without the OOPS, this time! (I had two bad installations before I got a good one that didn't mess things up.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 441 New Member
    edited October 2011
    See my post on page 2 of this thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/341814.page
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you both very much, a lot of it came with other expansion packs and add ons, i.e. Lifestyle etc, seems strange that they didn't download when I reinstalled everything. Will try your suggestions, thanks again. :-)