Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help please? :)

Hey everyone! I know this isn't the appropriate forum, but there seems to be no one in technical, so I was hoping that maybe someone here could help :)
So, here's the issue:
I've finally decided to try out create a story, but now I'm stuck at step two (publishing).
I fill out the category, the language and the description (yes, I checked, it's less than 500 characters :P ). When I click "publish" the page resets itself and the "category" section goes back to "please select". It keeps doing that...
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll be grateful for any help :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't know, but I have the same problem.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited October 2011
    kransper wrote:
    I don't know, but I have the same problem.

Maybe the program is broken? Do you know how to contact the EA site staff?
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited October 2011

Try using a diffrent browser. A friend of mine was having problems with his today, He tried a diffrent browser and it worked. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't have any clue, it wasn't important to me so I just gave up. I hope you can figure it out
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Try using a diffrent browser. A friend of mine was having problems with his today, He tried a diffrent browser and it worked. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I guess that could work... But I'm annoyed about all of the work I put into it. Not to mention, I have no guarantee if another browser will fix the problem.
    Thank you anyways :) I'll try it tomorrow.
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited October 2011
    Tojax wrote:

Yeah, I guess that could work... But I'm annoyed about all of the work I put into it. Not to mention, I have no guarantee if another browser will fix the problem.
    Thank you anyways :) I'll try it tomorrow.

:( I hope it works for you.
    & Your welcome!
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited October 2011
    The same thing happened to me too sweetie. Spent a day with EA tech on phone to no avail. Changed browsers & other things to no avail. The only alternative I could find to do a story was to go to the creative corner & do one under the "Stories & Legacies" category. Good luck! Kitty
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey Tojax! I had never created a story before, so I decided to do a test. I just did a simple, quick two-image story. It published fine for me. The browser I'm using is Firefox, version 3.6.10.

I hope this info helps.
  • Options
    Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2011
    I remember someone had similar problems and that a change of browser solved it.
    I hope this will work for you !
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Thank you everyone for your help :) (this is why I love this part of the forum :mrgreen: simmers are genuinely nice here)
    I'll have another go at create a story tomorrow.
  • Options
    mandie890718232mandie890718232 Posts: 232
    edited October 2011
    i had the same problem too. i usually use google chrome for the internet & google chrome doesnt let you publish the story. you actually have to use internet explorer or something else. if that doesnt work, try n use another computer in the house. :mrgreen: