This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Transfering Demo-Created Pets into Game

I was wondering about this lately. All the pets we create in the demo seem to be hiding (I've looked in all the demo file folders, at least I can't personally find where they are). Is the only way to transfer them to the game when it comes out to upload them to the Exchange and then re-download them to the game?

Or has anyone actually found their file location so they can be simply moved into the game folder? I, and I assume many others, have made some pets that we haven't uploaded to the exchange but still want them in the game. Are we going to have to upload them if we want to keep them?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've noticed a lot of people seem to have this problem? :/
    I don't. Any pets that I've created and saved have successfully appeared both in the saved sims folder and in the demo.
  • Options
    PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited October 2011
    I was planning on just redownloading them from the exchange. I think I told someone else to do the same just because I couldn't think of how else to get them, but then again, I haven't chosen to save them to bin (my game files and demo files are separate), nor have I even had time to play the actual game since the demo came out.
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've noticed a lot of people seem to have this problem? :/
    I don't. Any pets that I've created and saved have successfully appeared both in the saved sims folder and in the demo.
    Ok well strange... I looked in my Saved Sims folder and there was just a bunch of jumbled letters and numbers. However, I haven't played the actual game since I downloaded the demo and started making pets, so I arranged the Saved Sims files by date, and most of them are from this week, last week, and since the demo was released. You think all these files with jumbled letters and numbers are actually pets?
  • Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    ^ They could be. Have you named the pets when you save them? Cos if the sim/pet you're saving doesn't have a name, the file will get a random letter/number combination as a name and they're always really long o.O /nods.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ^ They could be. Have you named the pets when you save them? Cos if the sim/pet you're saving doesn't have a name, the file will get a random letter/number combination as a name and they're always really long o.O /nods.

That must be what it is then, I actually haven't named any of them. I'm gonna try saving one with a name today after work and see what happens. Ooo that might just be it! I see some old sim names, then all of these newer files.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah it must be it, the earliest file starts on 9/22/2011 when the demo came out.

Are they not showing up in some people's Saved Sims folder?