That patch is here and there are actually lots of fixes.
The manual Patch can be downloaded here: Patch 1.29
I myself will not continue to compile this thread. See page 119 for details.
If anyone want to compile in a new thread, I'm happy to link. Post or have someone post the link in my comments. If you guys want to continue here and help each other, that is fine of course as well, I'm just retiring from it.
Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:NEWS: In Preperation for PetsTUTORIAL: What to do before patchingFAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?In Preparation for Pets -- Things you should do and check before installing the EP -- Start today
Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.Please post your crashing issues in this thread: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugsPlease remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rulesRules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog
to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove
13. Please don't send me Friend Requests. I won't accept.
14. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this
. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
15. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.Important Links
- Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting
- Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts
(this thread has tons of info in the first post that I’m not going to repeat. Please read there)
- TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes
- FAQ: Bugs & Patches
- Generations-Patch & existing Mods/Hacks
- FAQ: What files should I backup ?
- Twallan's Mods
- Finding Devices and Updating DriversOrigin
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). The current version is 18.104.22.168 – 108188
. If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/aboutCrashing Issues
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. carlymichelle
has made a thread here: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread
. Please post in that thread if you have any crashing issues.
Here's some things you can try: ERROR: Game Crashes (CTD)DEP Information
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP
problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.Problems with the Installation Codes
For people with the limited edition there seesm to be an issue with the codes getting switched. The code on the red paper is your installation code. The code on the white paper that says it's for pets is actually your limited content redemption code. If you have troubles, please refer to this thread: The codes got switched around! (An edit for pets Plus people)
(Thank you KaraDarkholm
for posting)Problems with the downloadable Store content
Please refer too this post: Issues with Limited Edition Game Shop & Origin Costumes - ♦ Please Read ♦MAC Users
If you have any Mac-related issue, please read and post in this thread: Graphics glitches, Lion 10.7.2, the Intel 3000 HD Graphics card and patch 1.25 - GURUS
Freezing issue where horses are involved. Please post in the Mac forum and if anyone want to open a thread there about it, please provide me with the link so I can put it here.
EA says they are working on it but it will be at least two weeks.Things to try
- FAQ: Delete your Cache Files
- Move your family out and back in.
the sim ?
- TUTORIAL: Resetting the game to factory settings without Reinstalling
- TUTORIAL: - How to reinstall the game
- FAQ: How do I restore a backup file ?
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Instructions how to install a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I install Custom Content/ Mods ?
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?Broken CC Objects
Many objects that have slots seem to be broken (actually the slots are). This is an issue that has per se nothing to do with EA, so I would like to keep the discussion about it out of this thread. If you want to know more about this issue or have some extra info, please use this thread: Slots broken on all CC, except store stuff
--> Please check TSR for a fix: http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/Update: As of oct. 27th this tool will no longer work if you haven't downloaded. You need to download a 3rd party demo to get a dll you will need for the TSR tool but as of now, that dll is no longer included in the demo.
If you have your Store content installed any other way then by downloading from the EA site and installing through your launcher then you will need to redownload the stuff from your purchase history and install again through the launcher. Otherwise the Store fix is not working.
If you 'acquired' your Store stuff through any other means, don't bother asking for help, buy it.Deformed Pets
G33/G31 Graphics Card are pretty much confirmed at making your pets distorted. Either buy a new card or don't buy Pets. Read all about it here: Possible Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics CardAbbreviations used
MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
AP = Apaloosa Plains, Pets Neighborhood
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site