Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Pre-Order Arrival Date

Okay, so I preordered Pets from Origin, and it says 3-4 day shipping. Does this mean that it will ship 3 days before the actual release date, to arrive on the 18th, or will it ship on the release date?

Comments

• immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, so I preordered Pets from Origin, and it says 3-4 day shipping. Does this mean that it will ship 3 days before the actual release date, to arrive on the 18th, or will it ship on the release date?

It's the standard shipping option, which is what I use and I've always gotten mine on the release date. All things being equal if there are no problems, you should get yours on release day.
    To more directly answer your question: It means that they don't rush sending it so it can take 3-4 days of traveling to reach you. Mine usually leave Ca on friday and reaches me in Tx on tuesday.
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited October 2011
    I was also told that standard shipping doesn't really guarantee release day shipping - though it seems they do try to get it to you by then. I got expedited because I had a free expedited coupon code because I am utterly paranoid about it.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • 8bubbles8joe8bubbles8joe Posts: 90 New Member
    edited October 2011

It's the standard shipping option, which is what I use and I've always gotten mine on the release date. All things being equal if there are no problems, you should get yours on release day.
    To more directly answer your question: It means that they don't rush sending it so it can take 3-4 days of traveling to reach you. Mine usually leave Ca on friday and reaches me in Tx on tuesday.

Thank you so much! Now I don't have to worry about when I'll get to play it!
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited October 2011
    The Shipping Center is in Ohio, so depending on how far you are from there you may even get the game on Monday. (I always get every game on Monday here in Chicago) They usually do the 2-day Blue Package shipping (Excludes Saturday & Sunday) on UPS which guarantees a 2 business day delivery.

It does not matter if you choose Expedited or Standard, they ship them all out at once. (UPS gives a bulk discount)

From experience they either send them Thursday Evening or Friday morning (sometimes even sooner). Either way you will definitely get the game on release.:)
  • glamariaglamaria Posts: 22
    edited October 2011
    It says 3-4 days shipping for US but I'm in Canada, and for us it says 5-10 days :s I didn't order it yet because I don't want to receive it that much later...
  • 8bubbles8joe8bubbles8joe Posts: 90 New Member
    edited October 2011
    The Shipping Center is in Ohio, so depending on how far you are from there you may even get the game on Monday. (I always get every game on Monday here in Chicago) They usually do the 2-day Blue Package shipping (Excludes Saturday & Sunday) on UPS which guarantees a 2 business day delivery.

It does not matter if you choose Expedited or Standard, they ship them all out at once. (UPS gives a bulk discount)

From experience they either send them Thursday Evening or Friday morning (sometimes even sooner). Either way you will definitely get the game on release.:)

Awesome! I live in Illinois, too, so I should get it quickly!
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited October 2011
    glamaria wrote:
    It says 3-4 days shipping for US but I'm in Canada, and for us it says 5-10 days :s I didn't order it yet because I don't want to receive it that much later...

I am in canada and it ships from ontario i always get it on monday the day before release.
  • darspruilldarspruill Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2011
    what if i pre-ordered from amazon? It said it will ship on release day..is that really what they do?
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited October 2011
    darspruill wrote:
    what if i pre-ordered from amazon? It said it will ship on release day..is that really what they do?

If you chose release day shipping, you will get it on release day. They overnight it.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Sandy4578Sandy4578 Posts: 145 New Member
    edited October 2011

Thank you for posting this information about shipping and where did you get the hair that is on the sim on your avatar?
  • 23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My parents preordered it for my birthday and they said it would be shipped to my house by October 27 but I'm in the US... Do you think it will be here by the 18th and they just said 27 because that is the latest it could get here? I'm confused....
  • iwatiwat Posts: 51
    edited October 2011

I live in ohio!! haha awesome!
  • WitchesBrewWitchesBrew Posts: 89
    edited October 2011
    Knowing my luck, I'll probably get it a few days after the 18th... There are a lot of stops in my area and there is always something that happenes whenever I order something that causes it to be delayed :\...