Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't switch to live mode

Last night I broke a kinda cardinal rule of mine... I worked on remodeling/decorating a sim's house without saving... for hours...
I went to switch to live mode to save last night and nothing... the button lights up but the console doesn't switch over and I can't save. I tried for about an hour...
Closed my laptop, went to bed... now I've been glaring at it for a couple hours, still nothing.
Screenshot2011-10-09at115938AM.png
There doesn't appear to be a way to trick it into saving?
HSon1Mq.png

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2011
    You have to go to edit town to save, you cannot and never have been able to save in build or buy mode.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • crazylilelf8106crazylilelf8106 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited October 2011
    DarkAmaranth, She gets this. It won't let her switch over.

Have you tried the key shortcuts for it? (which I don't know either) I can't think of anything else to try.
  • emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I've had this problem a few times! Its very frustrating when I have to start again!
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited October 2011
    Dark, I had an active sim in the lot while I was editing, it wasn't letting me switch to live to save and it warned me I would lose all saved stuff if I went to edit town which I gave up and tried anyway...
    So I went to edit town and it wouldn't even let me go back into that lot so I have no idea what happened but it broke itself somethin fierce.

Yes crazy, I tried the fn+f1 to switch to live and it did the same thing.

emily, I've been playins sims since #1 came out, I've never seen this before, I think it was more frustrating to me than the game crashing since it was kinda taunting me "heeheehee, you can see me but you can't save me"

:(
    HSon1Mq.png
  • mira855mira855 Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    i cant help with this but im having problems with buy mode to my panel for the furniture has gone missing i pressed to go back to live mode and its just sitting there loading i don't want to quiet my game i just got a bunch of people moved out and didn't save it also got two couple married and had them have a baby and i do not want to go thorough that process again especially when you have 7 sims plus 2 dogs in your household
  • EmmiiMarsEmmiiMars Posts: 4 New Member
    VERY late reply, but click F2 or F3 and then try going into live mode after you click one of those.