Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My infant's birthday cake set the kitchen on fire!

the mother was holding her adopted baby and blew out the candle... and then there were flames everywhere :shock: My poor baby, what a birthday :lol:

Comments

• Options
    MissBeckersMissBeckers Posts: 1,058 New Member
    edited October 2011
    yep, had that happen before...
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2011
    I hate it when that happens. I usually save right before a birthday so that I can just do it over if anything like that happens.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had that happen too. The fire wouldn't stsy out either once it was put it completely out it would relight. I had to load my save from before it happened.
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah that happened to a set of twins I had in the game. Talk about traumatic. Lol

I think a year ago I was on a post with a similar topic and one person mentioned that not only did the toddler's cake catch on fire, but the single father was killed in the process. The toddler was orphaned and taken by child services. How sad.
  • Options
    CutieKittyCutieKitty Posts: 615
    edited October 2011
    Yeah that happened to a set of twins I had in the game. Talk about traumatic. Lol

I think a year ago I was on a post with a similar topic and one person mentioned that not only did the toddler's cake catch on fire, but the single father was killed in the process. The toddler was orphaned and taken by child services. How sad.

Oh wow, how horrible! At least my infant got to see the fireman :lol: The mother is single, and I hadn't saved the game since before she adopted the baby, that would have been traumatic if I had to go through that again :lol:
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2011
    CutieKitty wrote:

Oh wow, how horrible! At least my infant got to see the fireman :lol: The mother is single, and I hadn't saved the game since before she adopted the baby, that would have been traumatic if I had to go through that again :lol:

Maybe the fireman can join the family!

That reminds me when I played the Sims 2 a long time ago, I had one game save where the first thing that happened after the save was a visit from the grim reaper. He was just out to kill-the sim didnt do anything dangerous or clumsy. I restarted that save multiple times and every time he showed up. I finally kept replaying it until at last the other sim was successful in pleading for the friend's life. lol

Oh my, is this game unpredictable.
  • Options
    sims3baybaysims3baybay Posts: 890 New Member
    edited October 2011
    thats why i have mine outside
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    That's why I use the "trigger age" cheat on babies and toddlers. At least let them become children before they're traumatized by killer birthday cakes. :wink:
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Liesel93Liesel93 Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    Eep! I've never had that occur in my game. I'll have to make sure my sims are close to the fire alarm next time they blow out the candles.
  • Options
    RockBelleRockBelle Posts: 103
    edited October 2011
    I had a similar situation before with one of my families. It was the baby girls birthday, and her mother caught fire and died. Nothing else was alight. :( Was so glad I hadn't saved.