This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Doberman Pinscher *Improved* (Before & After)

I wasn't a big fan of the pre-made Doberman Pinscher. It wasn't very realistic looking, or intimidating like Dobermans have a knack for. So I decided to make my own improved version. Anyway I think he looks more masculine and stoic. The face, coloration, and posture just wasn't doing it for be before. I also made his neck and chest much more muscular.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4635911

Before & After:
NewDoberman1.jpg
NewDoberman2.jpg
NewDoberman4.jpg
NewDoberman3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2011
    Very nice job you did, but I actually prefer Dobes with non-cropped ears. I think cropped ears make them too menacing which in turn gives them a bad rep. Dobes with natural ears are much cuter. If you can make one I'd DL it :3
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited September 2011
    tobumon wrote:
    Very nice job you did, but I actually prefer Dobes with non-cropped ears. I think cropped ears make them too menacing which in turn gives them a bad rep. Dobes with natural ears are much cuter.
    Yeah, I do like the non-cropped Dobies, they really do look like true hounds that way. With this guy I was just going for the very tough looking guard-dog/protection appearance, since of course they were originally bred for that purpose. The original Dobies had the cropped ears, specifically to make them look scary, lol :P
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    tobumon wrote:
    Very nice job you did, but I actually prefer Dobes with non-cropped ears. I think cropped ears make them too menacing which in turn gives them a bad rep. Dobes with natural ears are much cuter.
    Yeah, I do like the non-cropped Dobies, they really do look like true hounds that way. With this guy I was just going for the very tough looking guard-dog/protection appearance, since of course they were originally bred for that purpose. The original Dobies had the cropped ears, specifically to make them look scary, lol :P
    Yes, for guard dogs they sure look intimidating!

That said, I think you have the best creations in the exchange, and I don't say that lightly!

This is not a request or anything, but I'd love to see what you can do with the German Shepherd Dog after what you've done for the dobie. I think the one already in the game actually looks pretty good, especially when you compare it to the GSD back in Sims 2. That was horrible! Still, there's always room for improvement. If you haven't already noticed, GSDs are my favourite breed.

Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm glad you never made a Sims 3 version of My Little Pony or anything, not that I want to give you any ideas!

PS. How do you use your own screenshots for avatars? I think the preview pics for the pets in the Exchange are awful. I'd rather use my own screens.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    tobumon wrote:
    LittleV wrote:
    tobumon wrote:
    Yes, for guard dogs they sure look intimidating!

That said, I think you have the best creations in the exchange, and I don't say that lightly!

This is not a request or anything, but I'd love to see what you can do with the German Shepherd Dog after what you've done for the dobie. I think the one already in the game actually looks pretty good, especially when you compare it to the GSD back in Sims 2. That was horrible! Still, there's always room for improvement. If you haven't already noticed, GSDs are my favourite breed.

Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm glad you never made a Sims 3 version of My Little Pony or anything, not that I want to give you any ideas!

PS. How do you use your own screenshots for avatars? I think the preview pics for the pets in the Exchange are awful. I'd rather use my own screens.
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the nice words! I actually have made a GSD, as they are also my favorite dog. The pre-made definitely needed improvement, but not nearly as much as the Doberman so that's why I think I didn't upload him to the exchange. Although I probably will soon though.

To get the custom pictures, you need to download the Sims 3 Upload Image Changer here:

http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/

The instructions are in the link!
  • Options
    mcrvamp08mcrvamp08 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow great job!

*downloads and adds to growing folder of pets*
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited September 2011
    :-)Good work, that looks really good, i reckon the sims creators should get your version in the game. You'll have to put that on the exchange. :D
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited September 2011
    your version looks real the EA version just..uh doesn't look right

rec for you :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thanks a lot for that program! I reuploaded all my cartoon dogs and now everything is great!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    :-)Good work, that looks really good, i reckon the sims creators should get your version in the game. You'll have to put that on the exchange. :D
    Yup, he's already on the exchange. Lol thanks, doubt that's gonna happen, but thanks anyway!
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2011
    100% awesome! :thumbup:

edit I wish I could make my black and tan GSD but I don't think I will be able too. <=)
  • Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    edited September 2011
    That is really awesome! Finally someone posted a picture of the Doberman as they have it in the demo and an updated version.
  • Options
    Nanabobo567Nanabobo567 Posts: 465 Member
    edited September 2011
    Awesome! I think you might have made the neck a bit too muscular, actually. Dobies are powerful, but they're also agile. You have to have just that right amount of balance between muscularity and litheness. Still, really awesome. EA's is cartoony, while yours is much more realistic!

• Options
    AreeiAreei Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have a doberman. I like how dark the coat is but there's a few things you could fix on your version as well.
    BTW I'm not saying your version isn't good. Looks better then the EA version by far lol

- Neck too thick
    - Muzzle too thick
    - Ears too pointy
    - body too thick.

Doberman's are dainty but powerful breeds, depending on the breeding. I have a German bred doberman so she's naturally more muscled and less dainty looking then normal but if you want the average doberman, def fix the neck and the ears. I find the ears too much like an Egyptian dog (whatever they are called)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Areei wrote:
    I have a doberman. I like how dark the coat is but there's a few things you could fix on your version as well.
    BTW I'm not saying your version isn't good. Looks better then the EA version by far lol

- Neck too thick
    - Muzzle too thick
    - Ears too pointy
    - body too thick.

Doberman's are dainty but powerful breeds, depending on the breeding. I have a German bred doberman so she's naturally more muscled and less dainty looking then normal but if you want the average doberman, def fix the neck and the ears. I find the ears too much like an Egyptian dog (whatever they are called)
    Thanks for the input! Yes I made him thicker/more muscular specifically after the two Dobies I know who are HUGE manly-men dogs. They're studs like you've never seen them, yet lanky supermodels at the same time lol. Also I noticed that the way the pre-made dogs sit is kindof hunched forward, while Dobies hold themselves very proudly. The shape of the neck gives him a much straighter appearance.

The ears I specifically modeled off of the show-length ear crop. That of course is the longest length done in ear cropping and is used mostly for show dogs since it is the hardest to obtain and train to stand upward. Therefor being a fairly rare cut. The most common ear lengths are the short which are used for working, military, and companion dogs, and the medium length that is mostly just for companion dogs. I prefer the show-length since the show dog is seen as the epitome of each dog breed so that's why I used it for this guy.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Areei wrote:

- Neck too thick
    - Muzzle too thick
    - Ears too pointy
    - body too thick.

Thanks for the input! Yes I made him thicker/more muscular specifically after the two Dobies I know who are HUGE manly-men dogs. They're studs like you've never seen them, yet lanky supermodels at the same time lol. Also I noticed that the way the pre-made dogs sit is kindof hunched forward, while Dobies hold themselves very proudly. The shape of the neck gives him a much straighter appearance.

The ears I specifically modeled off of the show-length ear crop. That of course is the longest length done in ear cropping and is used mostly for show dogs since it is the hardest to obtain and train to stand upward. Therefor being a fairly rare cut. The most common ear lengths are the short which are used for working, military, and companion dogs, and the medium length that is mostly just for companion dogs. I prefer the show-length since the show dog is seen as the epitome of each dog breed so that's why I used it for this guy.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited September 2011
    Really good job :thumbup: I absolutely love Doberman's, they're so beautiful. A family near me have one and he's lovely
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited September 2011
    I Like :thumbup:Really Improved!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Really good job :thumbup: I absolutely love Doberman's, they're so beautiful. A family near me have one and he's lovely
    Thank you! Yeah my boyfriend's neighbor's friend has a Doberman, and the first time he brought his dog over I'm like "Oh look, there's a horse in the front yard."

Here's the show-length crop I was going for. They could actually be even longer now that I look at him:

image007.jpg
    79e2fae9-7f00-0001-493d-6da8455f6ec3.jpg
    droppedImage.jpg

Vs. Medium crop:
    shortcrop.jpg

Vs. Short crop:
    4689_207144065077_506845077_7153132_1056080_n.jpg
  • Options
    ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited September 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Thank you! Yeah my boyfriend's neighbor's friend has a Doberman, and the first time he brought his dog over I'm like "Oh look, there's a horse in the front yard."

Here's the show-length crop I was going for. They could actually be even longer now that I look at him:

image007.jpg
    79e2fae9-7f00-0001-493d-6da8455f6ec3.jpg
    droppedImage.jpg

Vs. Medium crop:
    shortcrop.jpg

Vs. Short crop:
    4689_207144065077_506845077_7153132_1056080_n.jpg

I think it's a shame the tall crop doesn't occur naturally, it does look so nice on those dogs. I do prefer uncropped ears though, because it is kind of cruel to crop their ears (which is why I think it is a shame it doesn't occur naturally since I'll admit it does look good). The long crop definitely looks the best out of all of those.
    Your doberman certainly looks better then EA's. (It actually looks a little to dark to me, but I think that just because I don't like the way black shows up in game. In your pictures you can see light highlighting the dogs coat, but in the game black is just an undetailed abyss)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I think it's a shame the tall crop doesn't occur naturally, it does look so nice on those dogs. I do prefer uncropped ears though, because it is kind of cruel to crop their ears (which is why I think it is a shame it doesn't occur naturally since I'll admit it does look good). The long crop definitely looks the best out of all of those.
    Your doberman certainly looks better then EA's. (It actually looks a little to dark to me, but I think that just because I don't like the way black shows up in game. In your pictures you can see light highlighting the dogs coat, but in the game black is just an undetailed abyss)

Yeah, I agree on EA's dark black being too dark. The pre-made Doberman was almost gray, to the point of looking very elderly. I made him darker, but still left it more of a very dark gray rather than straight black. It's easier to see in CAP however. The smaller images make it look even darker.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited September 2011
    LOVE LOVE your dobie. Absolutely gorgeous.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    LOVE LOVE your dobie. Absolutely gorgeous.
    Thank you much! I appreciate it
  • Options
    GaluminousGaluminous Posts: 657 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Areei wrote:
    - Ears too pointy

I have to disagree with this. I had a dobermann pinscher when I was younger, and he had show-cropped ears, which are quite rediculously long and thin. I think with show quality dobes you really can't have a 'pointy' enough ear.

This remake looks excellent! I have to agree with Areei's other points, though. You seem to be the grand master of Create-A-Pet! When the game comes out, expect me to download everything you've made.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Lol, thank you Galuminous!

I made some Labradors today since it appears as if they are not one of the pre-made breeds (odd, since they are the most popular breed).
  • Options
    jadedsimsjunkyjadedsimsjunky Posts: 337 New Member
    edited October 2011
    can you please remake the bichon im going to try too but some are more talented than i