Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opportunities Question

Good Morning Simmers! Is everyone having as much fun as I am? I've run into a little snag tho! I received an opportunity from Molly French to bring her some hotdogs. I grilled them up, kicked them up a notch... but how do I get them into my inventory to take to her? I've tried simply grabbing them to drag into my little cardboard box, I've tried clicking on them and there's no option for anything to do with the opportunity. I even went straight to Molly and the option to deliver the dogs was grayed out and said I didn't have them in my inventory. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    when you hover over the item it should show a * and a hand icon at same time. If your inventory is open you should be able to drag directly into the inventory. Not sure why it wont work. Haven't seen that opportunity yet.
  • Options
    violessence13violessence13 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It does show the hand, I can pick it up but when I drag it to my invo, it gives me the red round circle with the slash thru it, and it won't go in.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wow thats odd. I know it works on mac and cheese dishes.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I tried again, this time a single serving plate. Nothing. Bummer.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well I tried making serving of hot dogs and it worked for me. You said you kicked them up a notch? How did you do that and maybe that is what is keeping you from putting them in your inventory.
  • Options
    camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    When your sim gets to be a good cook you have the option of 'kick it up a notch'. I've had a similar problem with taking people food and haven't figured out a good solution yet. I wonder if you invited her over and then clicked on the plate to call to meal everyone if that would do it?
  • Options
    wade504wade504 Posts: 308 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the same problem and I can't figure it out. Kicking it up a notch is a cooking skill feature.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I got it! I don't know why it didn't work before. I exited my game tho and restarted it. After kicking it up a notch, I clicked on the backpack tab and was able to drag the food to it that way. But by then it had taken me so long that the dogs went bad, lol! At least it's working now, and I hope it works for everyone else!
  • Options
    gbrundagecpagbrundagecpa Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good Morning Simmers! Is everyone having as much fun as I am? I've run into a little snag tho! I received an opportunity from Molly French to bring her some hotdogs. I grilled them up, kicked them up a notch... but how do I get them into my inventory to take to her? I've tried simply grabbing them to drag into my little cardboard box, I've tried clicking on them and there's no option for anything to do with the opportunity. I even went straight to Molly and the option to deliver the dogs was grayed out and said I didn't have them in my inventory. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

When I cooked them, I used "serve" which made a plate that was put on the counter. I went to the inventory menu and put them in my inventory. The game told me they would spoil, so I put them in the refrigerator (from my inventory) until it was time to work.

They spoiled at work, so from that point forward I have no answer...