We just wanted to say how much we appreciate your enthusiasm for upcoming launch of The Sims 3 Pets and the Create-a-Pet Create a Pet demo that we released yesterday! We hope that you’ve been having a great time exploring how deeply you can customize your own pet for the game when it’s released on October 18.
It has come to our attention that a few of you have had issues with some of your store content appearing missing after you install the demo. We have been working diligently since these first issues were made known and are working on a permanent fix to the problem. Until then, you are still able to access your content and play the demo, and suggest the following steps to prevent or recover your previous content (note that is only affecting some users on PC and not Mac).
To protect your store content from appearing uninstalled, please follow these steps each time you launch the demo:
1. Navigate to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
2. Rename the “DCCache” folder to “DCCache.bak”
You can now play your demo without it affecting your store-bought content.
When you wish to run the full game with the store content, please follow these steps each time you launch the demo:
1. Navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
2. Delete the “DCCache” folder and rename “DCCache.bak” to “DCCache”
Now, if you’ve already downloaded the demo and your store content is missing, please follow these steps:
· If you’ve already run the demo and have not deleted your downloaded content, simply click the "Downloads" tab in your Launcher, select all and then press "Install". This will restore all of your store content.
· If you have deleted your downloads, you can also re-download from the store, free of charge.
o Go to: [url] [/url]
o Click on Puchase History and all the content they have bought or redeemed should be there.
Apologies for any inconvenience, and again, we always appreciate your feedback, so please, keep it coming!