Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging Option Per Save or Per Install

As the subject says, can anyone tell me if the aging option is set per save game or for the whole installation? I'm using the long life option on one save game but am about to start another and want to use normal life spans on that one.
The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
Origin ID: Tairgire

Comments

• NikkiB89NikkiB89 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is per saved town/game not by individual household or all of the towns/games.
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for the quick reply!
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • MinorKeyesMinorKeyes Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2011
    NikkiB89 wrote:
    It is per saved town/game not by individual household or all of the towns/games.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one since this is basically my question. I'm just not quite clear on the answer quoted above and would appreciate a little clarification (think "Aging for Dummies" :lol: ).

I have several saved games I go back and forth between and all of them are played with aging off and I want to keep them that way. I would like to start a new game and play with aging on and but only on this one game. So when I start my new game and turn aging on in the options menu, do I have to turn it back off before playing any of the other saved games or will they still have aging off.

The reason I'm confused is when I first installed the game and set up my first town I went into options and made changes (turning aging off, etc), then when I started a new game and went into options aging was already off so does that mean the options are global or are they on a saved game by saved game basis?

Thanks!