Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Al Simhara Tomb Tourist Brochure : Ancient Coins

After working for the holy side my sim got bored and decided to take a stroll on the dark side. It was all fun and games until I was asked to get some photos of a Pile of Ancient Coins. Easy enough. I grabbed my camera and headed to the nearest tomb to snap some shots of these Coins. Took about 40 of them and kept them all in my camera. Since it didn't indicate that I had completed this simple task I took all the photos out of the camera to stay in my inventory. Well now... this is odd still no quest completion! Thinking perhaps I need to be in a different tomb I high tailed it across the river to those tombs... still no luck. What am i doing wrong here?!?! Is there some place I should taking this pictures at that I'm not doing it right? Please help this stumped photographer!!

Comments

• StezyleeStezylee Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Same problem... I've search everywhere online... no info of this... though I had the same issue with another object I needed to photograph for a brochure a while back, I don't remember what I had to do, nor can I find anything on that either...
  • nma521nma521 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You have to click on the camera to view your photos and then put them in your inventory. I guess it doesn't see them until you have them out of your camera. :)
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited October 2011
    Part of the WA Camera Bug that resulted from the last patch was an inability to take photographs once an adventure was accepted.

In most cases, taking a picture while you had an active adventure queued resulted in the Sim getting stuck.

The Tourist Brochure picture adventures seem to be a variation of this. Your Sim can take the picture without getting stuck, but they can't complete the adventure no matter how many pictures they take of mummies, floor traps, pushable statues, piles of coins and boulders.

Hopefully it's addressed (and resolved) in the next patch.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • ktreinhartktreinhart Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2011
    That didn't work either. I took my pictures out of my camera and the adventure still isn't complete. I'm stuck!
  • PatsgirlPatsgirl Posts: 35
    edited December 2011
    I have the exact same problem. Good to know I´m not alone and it´s not my game or PC.

Not being able to complete Tourist Brochure Quests is one thing - not a big problem, but you can´t complete the "Search for love" quest (the only way to access the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut), because a part of that quest is to take a picture of a sim for an online dating site.
  • DellerssDellerss Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    The Sims 3 is certainly the most buggy release I have ever seen, especially WA. I remember being able to do this in 2010, but stopped playing until last week because of game breaking bugs (not able to interact with tombs etc.). Obviously they have released some kind of patch which has made even this impossible, so I'm stuck...Again. 1.5 years, and there are MORE issues than before. EA know how to make money, but not how to fix stuff they already brought out.
  • kitcorpskitcorps Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have read all the above which made me a bit apprehensive because I had accepted the quest to take a photo of ancient coins. So I went to a tomb, took the photo, viewed them and placed them in my inventory and of course it did not complete my quest. While I was in there I took photos of chest, switch, pushable statue whatever I could. Went back to base camp, gave up the ancient coin quest, took another quest which was photo of pushable statue which I had already taken. Instant completion. So I guess my advice is to take pictures of the stuff before you get the quest or give up the quest, take the pictures and you will eventually get that quest again.
  • havingsimsfun5havingsimsfun5 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Here is what I did-and it worked for me.
    1) I take on the adventure Al Simhara Tomb Tourist Brochure-Pushable Statues.
    2) I find my camera in my inventory (I have the black one) and sell all photos. (That seems to have solved the problem, because I guess already shot pictures interfered with the quest objectives).
    3) I find a pushable statue, I take a picture of it, making sure the theme of the photo says "Pushable Statue" with green letters under the portrait before I shoot it.
    4) With the little blue label having to do with adventures opened up above my buffs panel, I find the camera in the inventory again and select "view photos". Then, I just click once on the newly-shot picture-the only one inside now that I've sold the others, and off to the inventory it goes.
    5) With great pleasure, I see that the blue panel above my buffs is finally updated, so I click "deliver photos". My Sim finds the quest giver, delivers the photo and gets a nice bunch of simoleons and ancient coins.

Now only one question remains: how to get cursed with mastered martial arts? :D

I run windows 7 on a laptop, Sims 3 is patched to 1.36 and World Adventures to 2.17. I hope this works for you. Happy Simming!!!
  • havingsimsfun5havingsimsfun5 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Here is what I did-and it worked for me.
    1) I take on the adventure Al Simhara Tomb Tourist Brochure-Pushable Statues.
    2) I find my camera in my inventory (I have the black one) and sell all photos. (That seems to have solved the problem, because I guess already shot pictures interfered with the quest objectives).
    3) I find a pushable statue, I take a picture of it, making sure the theme of the photo says "Pushable Statue" with green letters under the portrait before I shoot it.
    4) With the little blue label having to do with adventures opened up above my buffs panel, I find the camera in the inventory again and select "view photos". Then, I just click once on the newly-shot picture-the only one inside now that I've sold the others, and off to the inventory it goes.
    5) With great pleasure, I see that the blue panel above my buffs is finally updated, so I click "deliver photos". My Sim finds the quest giver, delivers the photo and gets a nice bunch of simoleons and ancient coins.

Now only one question remains: how to get cursed with mastered martial arts? :D

I run windows 7 on a laptop, Sims 3 is patched to 1.36 and World Adventures to 2.17. I hope this works for you. Happy Simming!!!

EDIT: Stupid little me. No selling (spare your photo masterpieces!). The problem is that 2 or more photos of the same subject conflict with each other during these quests. New solution:
    1. Take a photo of the subject you need (ancient coins).
    2. Click on camera and view all photos.
    3. Click once on every photo of the same subject (mouse over to check). This takes them into your inventory.
    4. Turn them in! :D
  • TenechiaTenechia Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2013
    havingsimfun5 was absolutely correct in his edit. I went to all my cameras, I started with a cheap one, and took all pics of the pushable statues and it worked! Thank you.
  • ShellshelbyShellshelby Posts: 1 New Member
    Once the photo is taken...
    Go to camera (bought from Egypt market) that is saved in yr backpack (inventory)
    Open camera and take photo and place in Inventor.... then deliver pic
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top