Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strobe Lights Not Flashing? POSSIBLE FIX

For those of you who have strobe lights in your clubs/bars/homes, but they don't work like mine didn't, I found a solution to that problem that worked for me.

I searched the forums and saw that another simmer fiddled around with the graphics settings and her strobe lights started working. So I did the same, and my strobe lights started working too. Then I changed one setting at a time to see which setting in particular made the strobe lights work. It was the Advanced Rendering option. When its turned off the strobe lights will work.

So if your strobe lights don't work, disable Advanced Rendering in Options.

For those of you with fast computers and can't stand how the terrain looks when Advanced Rendering is turned off, this link will be some help: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/375178.page

Hope it helps someone. :)

Comments

• Options
    SupernovaJonesSupernovaJones Posts: 17
    edited December 2011
    If it works, it helped me. I just shut it off because it said to restart the game. You seem knowledgeable. I'm STILL working on that old "public speakers won't play custom music" problem. I tried the normal radio with "wire house with speakers upgrade" workaround, but even though it's upgraded it only plays in the 1 room. My friend says it's (the public speakers issue) because I don't have WA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HOLY MOTHER OF SOMETHING I CAN'T SAY WITHOUT GETTING BANNED!

It works, and not only did it work, the game runs as if my laptop doesn't suck. It looks kinda like a cartoon now too. I can see why people would hate it, but I actually really like it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol Fail at bold text.