Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose Wood Farm by Stw402

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
A tricky little lot to make, I wanted the lot to be a run down old farm house, so the flash bright walls have gone, the house is a old farm thats up for sale. I tried to give the lot a lived in look, to reflect it's rather low value.

I can't see this being a massive ground breaking lot, but it was fun to make, anyway see what you think:-

rosewood.jpg
Screenshot-5-1.jpg
Screenshot-6-1.jpg
Screenshot-17-1.jpg
Screenshot-13-2.jpg
ZZZZ it must be bedtime
Screenshot-15-1.jpg

Many thanks for viewing, the download link can be found here and all comments welcome:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=355437

Comments

• Mch36504Mch36504 Posts: 490 New Member
    edited June 2009
    awesome! I love farm houses!
    The lake/pond goes great with it! :mrgreen:a recommend from me!
  • MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That looks cozy. I like it!
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cheers Guys :D and thanks for the recommend :mrgreen:
  • NataliaOfArcNataliaOfArc Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's really nice! I like what you did with the landscaping!
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited June 2009
    The landscaping is one of a kind. A unique project all around. A recommend from me.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • ducksimwickducksimwick Posts: 254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great job stw.
    Stunning creation. :mrgreen:

Keep it up. :wink:
  • babydoll241203babydoll241203 Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats brilliant. Well done.

Downloaded and recc'd from me :)
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited June 2009
    throwing a rec to your phantastic lot! it looks awsome, i love it :-)
    did u want the bridge like this or should it be a curved one originally?

keep up & have much fun
    Architektin

PS.: how do u add nice upload-pics? sry if u had to answer the same question hundreds of times...
    edited June 2009
    NataliaOfArc Many thanks for your nice comments :-)

fidlerten Cheers for the recommend :mrgreen:

ducksimwick I will try to keep it up :oops: many thanks :D

babydoll241203 Cheers for the rec and I hope you enjoy playing with the lot.

Architektin Thanks for the rec :mrgreen: to answear the question about the bridge, yes it was curved originally, but after play testing, I decided to straighten the tile near the stairs part of the bridge, my sim got confused around the stairs near the bridge and it was anoying me, so the changes was for gameplay reasons. Cheers for your nice comments. Rather than repeating myself about the upload pictures I printed some instruction here, have fun:-

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/40396.page

Thanks again :mrgreen:
  • BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I love this lot. It looks so much fun! I have you a rec, of course!
    edited June 2009
    Thanks BECKYB576, I'm pleased you like the lot and cheers for the rec :mrgreen:
  • toomuch4youtoomuch4you Posts: 292 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Very authentic! I also liked your Voyager. :)
  • Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2009
    I find it sad to see the same small handful of houses get so much attention on the exchange pages when there are so many other good houses like this one to see also; yours really looks interesting without looking like just another generic mansion.
    edited June 2009
    toomuch4you Thanks so much :mrgreen:

Mandy347 I was wondering on how to reply to that comment, I could tell you how I really think about the current system with features and the current rating system, but before I say anything this is by no means a reflection on anybodys ability to design. I've always been a builder who will never bow down to what apears to be popular, I build what I would like to play with in the game, so in reflection I make very few generic type lots. Why design something I don't enjoy making, but this is a price I believe I pay for doing that, the amount of exposure, my designs get on the exchange is rather limited, this goes right back to the sims 2 and will probable remain that way in the sims 3. The Guru's can give the features to the old simmasters, the elite few that where selected to go the camps and of course the generic house makers. So many of the designs I make will probable just get lost in time.

Many thanks for your nice comments :mrgreen:

• LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey again Stew. :D

I see you liked my collection title RoseWood.
    I loved how the house is shaped. And the landscaping is lovely.

A recom for you as usual.
    See you around. :wink:

~Light~
    edited June 2009
    Cheers mate for the recommend :mrgreen: and many thanks for your nice comments :D
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stw402 wrote:
    Architektin Thanks for the rec :mrgreen: to answear the question about the bridge, yes it was curved originally, but after play testing, I decided to straighten the tile near the stairs part of the bridge, my sim got confused around the stairs near the bridge and it was anoying me, so the changes was for gameplay reasons. Cheers for your nice comments. Rather than repeating myself about the upload pictures I printed some instruction here, have fun:-

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/40396.page

Thanks again :mrgreen:

thank you so much for the explanation! aww seems not an easy job, for a stupid user like me anyway :D but i´ll give it a try...

rec was well deserved, as always!
  • teasingmeat1teasingmeat1 Posts: 405 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Excellent work Stw402.. :D
    I stopped by your page and dropped off a bunch of rec.'s on all your Awesome creations..you are a vary talented builder..I really like your latest..vary Cool cover pix..amazing..
    your friend TM1 :wink:
  • Lizajbee1Lizajbee1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Very nice! I love how old you managed to make it look. A big rec from me. :)
    edited July 2009
    Architektin Look forward to viewing your designs :D

teasingmeat1 You currently must be one of the best builders on the exchange, your words of encouragement mean I great deal, many thanks :D Your new Underground Modern got a recommend and download I love the design.

Lizajbee1 Many thanks for rec :mrgreen:
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's gorgeous. All of your lots are so unique and stylish. Awesome job. :thumbup:
    edited July 2009
    Many thanks Allure :mrgreen: