Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey, Simmers! Friendly Reminder!

Hey, all!
Just a kind reminder that if you like a simmer's creation enough to download it, please take the time to rec. I have seen many talented creations, and it seems folks are downloading like mad, but not leaving recs. Let's show our appreciation, shall we? Thank you for reading my rant.. 8)

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited August 2011
    Sometimes I wish there was a like button on Sims 3 forums. :D
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited August 2011
    yes, I agree..would be great if we had that!
  • Options
    poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 293 Member
    edited August 2011
    Yes I always take the time and recommend there hard work. What peoeple don't understand is it takes a lot of time making great ccreations! Thanks for posting this reminder. Hugs ☻
    Origin ID poisonivy15
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited August 2011
    yep just resently ive had a lot i uploaded it has over 250 down load but just 2 recs.

you here excuses like i like to see it in play first then cant rember who created it. funny as i always but my name in the deletails.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2011

Many people download for the cc not for the sim. The cc was probably not created by the person who uploaded the sim.

Also until it is installed in the game you can't tell if it is actually any good or not. I've downloaded sims that had many recommendations but when I installed them in my game they brought in a lot bad cc and junk clothes and accessories. Sorry I'm not going to recommend a sim when all I wanted was a hair style.

• Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited August 2011
    Really, what I am referring to, are original creations, such as a lot, that someone took hours to make and share...would be nice to recognize that hard work...just sayin...personally, I only download pieces that are no CC.
  • Options
    DebbidooDebbidoo Posts: 1,555 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I think that downloading should be an automatic recommendation.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't download anything from here, but if there is something I like I rec it. It's just common courtesy really, which sadly people are lacking more and more these days.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    AngieBastienAngieBastien Posts: 3,003 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Sometimes I wish there was a like button on Sims 3 forums. :D
    Me too , meeee tooo :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't download anything from here, but if there is something I like I rec it. It's just common courtesy really, which sadly people are lacking more and more these days.

I completely agree. Though, I do occationally like to live on the edge and dl something. :shock: Most of the time its someones avi, that is if the pic matches the sim. But I don't just rec the things I download, I rec everything I think is nice. Some builds can be quite tricky and take a lot of time and patience to build. It's really sad when those who take the time to dl it can't take the extra second to click the rec button. :?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2011
    I agree.

I very seldom download anything, so if it's worth it for me to give it a shot and download I leave a rec, if somebody post their in-game pictures of a creation in the forums and I like it i'll go rec it even if I don't download it. People deserve recognition for the work they put into something.
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited August 2011
    I will go back and rec a dl, once I've run it through custard and checked that it's good to install. I also rec a lot of stuff that I don't ever intend to download, because I know the artist has put a lot of work into it, as long as they're stated CC free. I'd never rec anything that had CC (except for patterns) without checking it first for bad content.