This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Collectible/SMALL-PET images (7 NEW 8-29-2011)

ADDED 7 NEW of a Goldfinch, snake, womrat (hamster), lizard, and turtle below.

A collection of all the known collectible pets images. Post others if you can't find them on the list and they will be added.

In case these haven't been posted yet
http://www.simprograms.com/33295/simfans-and-16-new-pics-of-birds-and-critters/

Lizards:

081.jpg
074.jpg
076.jpg
079.jpg
pets1.jpg

Turtles:

072.jpg
073.jpg
6055819256_22758f0dea_b.jpg
6055819170_3b4d1acf11_b.jpg
tut.jpg
pets2.jpg

Larger: http://www.simprograms.com/images/games/083.jpg
083.jpg

Snakes:

077.jpg
078.jpg
6059427332_0fb8488150_b.jpg
pets7.jpg
pets5.jpg

Birds:

066.jpg
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg
070.jpg
6059431729_b0386ea867_b.jpg
pets4.jpg
pets8.jpg

Rodents/Mammals:

071.jpg
075.jpg
080.jpg
pets6.jpg
pets3.jpg

A lizard and rat:

Larger: http://www.simprograms.com/images/games/082.jpg
082.jpg

A snake and bird:

Larger: http://www.simprograms.com/images/games/084.jpg
084.jpg

NEW 8/29/2011

pets5.jpg
pets4.jpg
pets3.jpg
pets2.jpg
pets1.jpg

Chinchilla
pets6.jpg

Python
pets7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MerozaMeroza Posts: 32 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Oooh, I love the collections in sims, this is just beyond awesome! This is epic! I can't wait!
  • Options
    TheCheezeAteMyCatTheCheezeAteMyCat Posts: 647 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Aww...
    the chipmunk is so cute!
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2011

So....
    you making the announcement because....

why? :?
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Kail16 wrote:

So....
    you making the announcement because....

why? :?
    \

I don't know
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    Aww...
    the chipmunk is so cute!
    That's definitely the first thing I want to find in game (besides a turtle). I think that one is the cutest :D
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,441 Member
    edited August 2011
    They look great, now I just wanna see the parakeets and chinchillas. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    They look great, now I just wanna see the parakeets and chinchillas. :D
    Yeah, I really want to see the parakeets, and also Goldfinches were on the list. Those are one of my favorite wild birds so I'd love to see what they look like in-game.

If anyone finds new images that aren't listed yet feel free to post the link so they can be added.
  • Options
    PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited August 2011
    I still have my fingers crossed for other smaller birds. I expressed some disappointment when Graham said (over Twitter) that birds would die of old age, but likely outlive Sims (implying large parrots, who are long lived), but he told me not to frown until I've seen them all.

I'm curious as to whether "parakeet" refers to budgerigar under their casual name, or "parakeet" as in, say, an Alexandrian Parakeet or any other parrot who fits under the category of a parakeet.

I can't wait to see chinchillas though. The chipmunk is seriously so cute, I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself once the chinchillas surface. Docile giant cotton balls. *_*
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    I still have my fingers crossed for other smaller birds. I expressed some disappointment when Graham said (over Twitter) that birds would die of old age, but likely outlive Sims (implying large parrots, who are long lived), but he told me not to frown until I've seen them all.

I'm curious as to whether "parakeet" refers to budgerigar under their casual name, or "parakeet" as in, say, an Alexandrian Parakeet or any other parrot who fits under the category of a parakeet.

I can't wait to see chinchillas though. The chipmunk is seriously so cute, I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself once the chinchillas surface. Docile giant cotton balls. *_*

Birds outliving humans? :shock: But most of the smaller birds only live 10-12 years tops. I'm pretty sure I read that the birds have one or two other ways of dying, but the guy wouldn't say what. Eaten by cat?? :shock:

I hope 'parakeet' means budgerigars; I'll be so devastated if it means the other parrot-like birds.

• Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thank your for posting those! :mrgreen: I've never been this excited for an EP

Still wish there was armadillos, though. T_T
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:

Birds outliving humans? :shock: But most of the smaller birds only live 10-12 years tops. I'm pretty sure I read that the birds have one or two other ways of dying, but the guy wouldn't say what. Eaten by cat?? :shock:

I hope 'parakeet' means budgerigars; I'll be so devastated if it means the other parrot-like birds.

Larger parrots like the macaws and cockatoos they've shown (and the African Grey that's on its way) can live anywhere from 70 to over 100 years in captivity, provided they're on a good diet and kept healthy. And yes, Graham did hint at birds being able to die in ways besides old age (but said he couldn't get into them). For what it's worth, budgies are also parrots, albeit the second or third smallest. Hookbills are considered parrots, so this includes parrotlets, budgies, cockatiels, lovebirds, etc. The little guys can live 10-20 years, but unfortunately for budgies in the pet trade, they're so over and inbred that most would be very lucky to hit 10 years old. 5 or 6 is more typical for those little guys.

If it is a budgie they speak of and other small birds aren't included as reskins, I might just... texture my own little parrots. c:
  • Options
    EmmyBirdEmmyBird Posts: 2,188
    edited August 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:

Same here. I LOVE budgies (hint: Username) and I would be so disappointed if I couldn't get any >.< But one of the bird pictures seems to be a blue budgie, so hopefully it's a sign of real parakeets.
    I also hope that, if they do make budgies, you can buy them in pairs, considering solitary parakeets ar never happy ones.
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    I can't wait to own a blue and gold again. Yay for birds! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EmmyBird wrote:
    Same here. I LOVE budgies (hint: Username) and I would be so disappointed if I couldn't get any >.< But one of the bird pictures seems to be a blue budgie, so hopefully it's a sign of real parakeets.
    I also hope that, if they do make budgies, you can buy them in pairs, considering solitary parakeets ar never happy ones.
    The bird in this image:
    069.jpg

Is actually a Lilac Breasted Roller:
    Lilac-Breasted-Roller-1-TR9NZ29BEU-1024x768.jpg

However parakeets are listed as one of the birds we can have, so there must not be any images of them yet.

• Options
    EmmyBirdEmmyBird Posts: 2,188
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    EmmyBird wrote:
    The bird in this image:

However parakeets are listed as one of the birds we can have, so there must not be any images of them yet.

Oh, sorry, I actually meant THIS image:

070.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    That one looks more like a pigeon. They haven't released anything on budgies yet. :c
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EmmyBird wrote:
    LittleV wrote:
    EmmyBird wrote:
    The bird in this image:

Oh, sorry, I actually meant THIS image:

070.jpg
    Ooh I see. That one appears to be a pigeon. So here's the list of what we're supposed to get for birds. The ones underlined are the ones we have images of so far:

* Blue Gold Macaw
    * Catalina Macaw
    * Cockatoo
    * Congo African Gray
    * Crow
    * Falcon
    * Spotted Sixam
    * Yellow Naped Amazon
    * Cardinal
    * Easter Bluebird
    * Gold finch
    * Lilac Breasted Roller
    * Nuthatch
    * Parakeet
    * Pigeon

So there are still a bunch of birds we haven't seen yet. I'm excited to see the rest of them!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Although I'm wondering why the scarlet macaw and the hyacinth macaw aren't on the list. The scarlet is one of the most popular (even more-so than the catalina) and the hyacinth is also very popular. Maybe that list isn't complete?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EmmyBird wrote:
    PinkDagger wrote:

I only have one budgie and he's more than happy on his own. :D He's such a lively little thing, despite being 7 or 8 years old now. Such good company and so endearing. :)

I think you can only have one small pet per cage/terrarium, although that's only a guess. I hope it's not true.
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    I thought blue and golds were more popular then scarlet macaws? My understanding is more people own blue and gold as they make better pets (their breeding or something) and the scarlets tend to be moodier. :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I thought blue and golds were more popular then scarlet macaws? My understanding is more people own blue and gold as they make better pets (their breeding or something) and the scarlets tend to be moodier. :lol:
    Yeah, the blue and gold's I think may be more popular, but the scarlet is the stereotypical macaw that people think of when they think of a parrot. There's also the green macaws that I also didn't see on the list, like the Military macaw and the Severe macaw etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I haven't met anyone who's owned a Hyacinth, but other birds like Amazons, conures, lories (rainbows were in TS2 though), etc. are pretty common too. The smaller ones are even more common, but it's just the parakeet so far; not even canaries. Looking at the model, they may have alternative textures for B&G and Scarlets, or black/galah cockatoos and so forth. It doesn't seem like it'd be hard to do - you could just grab a flat greyscale version of a wellmade texture and apply colours over top.

Then again, the lack of rabbits and inclusion of elephant shrews is another "huh?" thing when it comes to the more common pets.
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I hope they don't appear all over the place. Hrmm. That might happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    I haven't met anyone who's owned a Hyacinth, but other birds like Amazons, conures, lories (rainbows were in TS2 though), etc. are pretty common too. The smaller ones are even more common, but it's just the parakeet so far; not even canaries. Looking at the model, they may have alternative textures for B&G and Scarlets, or black/galah cockatoos and so forth. It doesn't seem like it'd be hard to do - you could just grab a flat greyscale version of a wellmade texture and apply colours over top.

Then again, the lack of rabbits and inclusion of elephant shrews is another "huh?" thing when it comes to the more common pets.
    I hope it will be as easy as TS2 to make our own bird skins (even though I never made them myself, I just downloaded them). Then again that list may not even be complete for all we know.