Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOVING SALE!!! Read OP before posting! OPEN!

Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
**NOTE: Do not simply post your wishlist - this is a participation thread. Read the rules before posting.

Since I recently had to move, and because someone helped give me the idea, this is the MOVING SALE thread! I had to run out and find a simpoints card because this sounded like so much fun!

The way it works:
I will post something that I had to get rid of in my move (table, chair, microwave, etc). The next person to post will explain how they could use the item, and a link to their wishlist with that kind of item in it. They will then mention a type of item that they have on hand that they don't need anymore and why they can't use it, which they will gift to the next person to post. Try to look around and think of things that you would have to leave behind if you were to move or things that you would need if you just moved somewhere new to help you with the storyline.

Example:
Person 1: "Help! I can't fit my extra large table in the moving truck!"
Person 2: "Oh that's great, because I had to sell my table and we have been eating off the counter for the last two week since our move!"

Don't forget to gift the person below you those item(s) that you offered. (So make sure you check back!)

I hope this makes sense. Reachsims used to have a thread like this, but I couldn't find it when I searched for it.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2011
    In my own move, I had to give up many of my precious houseplants. Can someone take care of 2 houseplants for me? You have to make sure you water them everyday and give them lots of sunlight! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Oops, have to open the thread!

In my own move, I had to give up many of my precious houseplants. Can someone take care of 2 houseplants for me? You have to make sure you water them everyday and give them lots of sunlight! 8)

Edit: gifted blacksheba! :D
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'll take those plants off your hands. They could really liven up our living room. I have a painting that used to hang over our fireplace in our old home. My sister surprised us with a new painting of our family. I would really like to see this painting go to a good home. :D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=blacksheba1973

**Thanks so much for the lovely plants Jurik. :D **Hugs**

**Gifted Michael. Welcome back hon. :D **Hugs**
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh! My friend, Marcel, loves decorative things and because he lives in a large place, he always has room for another painting.

Marcel's Address

I have had this Dreamy Dryer taking up too much space for awhile and I wish to replace it. I have a delivery man coming today with new appliances, the rack and stack variety, so this has to go today! Any takers?

Edit: Sheba, thanks for delivering that painting to Michael. TallCoolOne, I hope you will enjoy your new found freedom. :wink:
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Oh! My friend, Marcel, loves decorative things and because he lives in a large place, he always has room for another painting.

Marcel's Address

I have had this Dreamy Dryer taking up too much space for awhile and I wish to replace it. I have a delivery man coming today with new appliances, the rack and stack variety, so this has to go today! Any takers?

I would LOVE to have that Dryer!

I can definately take that with me, because BOTH of my kids ran away from home (YAY!). So, I'm going to move too so they can't find me! :) I won't be needing these bunkbeds anymore! WOO HOO! Anyone want them?

Thanks for delivering that dryer Reachsims!
    Here you go Jurik1124, if you see my kids, don't tell them anything!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I could take those bunk beds off your hands. :D

Edit: thanks tallcoolone! I'll get to painting them right away!

I also have this chair. We have tried and tried to fit it in the moving truck, but the door won't close. I can't take it apart, so its up for grabs!

Edit: Gifted imoger! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    My good friend Imoger could really use a chair. :D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=imoger

I've been rummaging around the attic in our new place and I just found a baby crib that the previous owners left behind. My boys are much too old and we're not having any more babies. Perhaps someone else is in need of or know a friend that needs a crib. :-)

**Gifted AznSensei. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    MossoratorMossorator Posts: 755
    edited August 2011
    I don't have a baby yet, but I know some friends that would like a crib! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Mossorator wrote:
    I don't have a baby yet, but I know some friends that would like a crib! :)
    You have to post their wishlist hon showing the item and then offer an item from yourself for someone else to claim. :-)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2011
    I could use the Lullaby Crib as I plan on having a baby joining the family soon!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AznSensei

With that in mind, I won't have time to be watching television, with the baby in all my focus will be on him rather than the television, oh how technology entices us sometimes!

Edit: gngrsnp, please put the item you need at the top of your list so I know which one you need x.x

2nd Edit: gifted gngrsnp

3rd Edit: Thank you Blacksheba1973! ^_^ *hugs*
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2011
    Please, say it's the new kind that can also be used as a computer screen. I watch all my tv on my COMPUTER using Hulu. I have two lamps that must go too modern for my taste. Plus, with two little ones underfoot there sure to get knocked.

Going to the White House for lunch with the kids (my mother-in-laws for lunch, her house is white and my son is 25. LOL) If you should stop by while I'm away. Please leave an address and I'd be more than glad to drop them off at your home.

gifted:Enjoy
  • Options
    Dinahdoll22Dinahdoll22 Posts: 696 New Member
    edited August 2011
    You are a lifesaver! I could really use a few lamps! My sister has temporarily moved in with me a long with her two children and they have already broken 2! Can you believe it?! My address
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Dinahdoll22

I also have this beautiful mirror that they have come dangerously close to knocking off the wall. Please can anyone use this before they break it! I am finding life with kids is not all it's cracked up to be ;)

Edit: Thank you gngrsnp for the lamps. These are sure to hold up!

Gifted sheri19a.
  • Options
    sheri19asheri19a Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow...It must be my lucky day a mirror is just what I need because the movers broke mine during my latest relocation. (No 7 years bad luck for this gal.) LOL
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20407&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

Oh, In the move I found some cooking pans that I just won't have room for in the new place. Can anyone take them off my hands. :)

This looked like so much fun I had to get a few points so I can play.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    One of the handles broke on a saucepan that I was using the other day so I'll take those pots off your hands. Here's my address http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=blacksheba1973 . My brother is getting married in a few months and I offered his bride my wedding gown to wear. It wasn't quite her style so I'd rather pass it on to someone who'll cherish it. :D

@sheri19a- Thanks for those pans hon. I'm sure that I'll get lots of use from them. :D **Hugs**

**Gifted sheri19a. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    sheri19asheri19a Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2011
    Yay...I'm moving because I'm getting married and wouldn't you know it, I have almost all the loose ends wrapped up...except for a beautiful wedding gown. I'd love to have it please, I'll cherish it forever. :D
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22686&categoryId=11584&scategoryId=11876&pcategoryId=11873&ppcategoryId=11866&gender=female&startAt=0

I have a pair of shoes that doesn't seem to fit me. Can anyone use a pair of shoes?

edit - received the wedding dress. It is beautiful blacksheba, Now my wedding will be complete.
  • Options
    Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well sure I would love this beautiful shoes ! They would fit perfectly ! Thanks sheri !
    Here is where you can send them : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Mimine17

My aunt gave me some babies outfit that I won't use before long, so does anyone want those??

(ps: I was still googleing what a wedding gown was when you post ;))

Edit : gifted friendfan. Couldn't find any clothes so I offered her toddler son a hair cut :)
    Thanks sheri for the dancing shoes !!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    My friend friendsfan36 can really use some baby outfits. Here's her address http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=friendsfan36 . My son is getting ready to get his learner's permit. His bike is getting used less these days. I'd appreciate someone taking it off our hands. :D

**Gifted Amj1995. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2011
    I would love to take that bike off your hands. Now I don't have to ride the bus to school. You can send it here: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Amj1995

I was looking through the garage today and found this creepy animal statue. Would anyone care to take it? :)

**Thank You Blacksheba a lot :)
    **Gifted Snethan
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2011
    I hear Snethan is a collector of creepy animal statues and the Haute Hip Panther Sculpture would work fine (#16)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Snethan

I am not an avid statue collector, but I do enjoy art, but I seem to have too many paintings, I should get rid of one of them.

Edit: thanks amj1995 and gifted mimine17
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited August 2011
    BUMP

EDIT: This post has been destroyed! :mrgreen:

amb5.jpg

• Options
    Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2011
    To marty : please read the first post. This is the second time you post your wishlist in a thread without reading and doing what you're supposed to do :? This is NOT a post your wishlist thread. If I misunderstood and you're willing to give away a whole futureshock living set, then please excuse me :)

I can definitely use some painting ! I am so bored to see plain walls everywhere!
    Please send it there : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Mimine17

I have too much lights by the way, maybe someone can take one for me?

Edit : gifted Tabloid.
    @ Martys : sorry I didn't know that you didn't understood very well english. Do not hesitate to ask questions if you do not understand what is the purpose of the thread :)

Thanks So much AznSensei for the painting !
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited August 2011
    love this idea :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    BUMP
    EDIT: This post has been destroyed! :lol:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnBprhJjzanvb2ghx3s-2X81PaEm6Y0wejEioXvO30amJmB7H9Kw

• Options
    edited August 2011
    @martys15- Cześć kochani. Używam tłumacz spróbować przetłumaczyć co Mimine17 powiedział. Powiedziała to: Do marty: przeczytaj pierwszy post. Jest to drugi razem, gdy po listy życzeń w wątku bez czytania i robienia tego, co powinniśmy robić to nie stanowisko Twój wątek na liście życzeń. Jeśli źle i jesteś gotów oddać cały zestaw życia Futureshock, to proszę o wybaczenie.

** Mam nadzieję, że można to zrozumieć. :-)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Dobra rozumie. Albo nie rozumie. *Zostawia bombę i ucieka*

Ignore my reply in this topic. :P The second time I read everything carefully. :roll: