Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims social

Ummmmmm, just gave it 10 minutes of my time and I wouldn't think even my 10 year old would be interested. Well since I don't have a 10 year old ,i asked my 13 year old and he said "sucks".

I think, umm know that I will be taking this off immediately

For those that say I didn't give it enough time............ well I guess your not over the age of... well adulthood, whatever that elusive age may be.

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    momboqueen wrote:
    Ummmmmm, just gave it 10 minutes of my time and I wouldn't think even my 10 year old would be interested. Well since I don't have a 10 year old ,i asked my 13 year old and he said "sucks".

For those that say I didn't give it enough time............ well I guess your not over the age of... well adulthood, whatever that elusive age may be.

I'm disappointed as well. I'm not blocking it just yet, but it's just not something I'm super interested in playing. It's just like your typical Facebook game...you need neighbors to advance, and so far I've only got one, besides Bella, plus the beta has its own share of problems. And you're stuck in just one house. No community lots or nothing. You can visit your neighbor's home but again, it's just one house and the interactions are limited. Plus you lose energy too quickly, which means you have to wait about an hour before you can really play the game again.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • DawdeeDawdee Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2011
    Different strokes for different folks.

And also, here's an idea for you. How about not being so judgmental?

It's fine if you don't want to play. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Yet, for you to call people who do like it immature? Should we really base the amusement of the game off of some 13 year old boy? It's a facebook game, do you expect it to be some deep intellectual game in which you could play for hours?

And if you don't like it so much, explain why. Saying it is immature is not a valid point. Give us specific examples as to why you don't like it, and how it can be improved. Because right now, acting like this, I highly doubt people will just decide to stop playing, all because you think we have not reached the "elusive" age of adulthood.

And since you are so mature, please, recommend all of us in which games we should play, so that we can stop being so childish.

/End rant.
  • DawdeeDawdee Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    momboqueen wrote:

I'm disappointed as well. I'm not blocking it just yet, but it's just not something I'm super interested in playing. It's just like your typical Facebook game...you need neighbors to advance, and so far I've only got one, besides Bella, plus the beta has its own share of problems. And you're stuck in just one house. No community lots or nothing. You can visit your neighbor's home but again, it's just one house and the interactions are limited. Plus you lose energy too quickly, which means you have to wait about an hour before you can really play the game again.

You see, those are valid points. My main problem is energy. Then again, almost all facebook games use energy, so it's to be expected. Hopefully they'll add community lots, or more fun things, later on. It's only been around for about a week or so, so I'll expect it to improve as time goes by.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited August 2011
    :mrgreen: you can be whatever age you want of adulthood. I do believe I kept it quite open,lol. All
    i was trying to say is that in: my humble opinion: the game is meant for children and I'm not one.

If you are please play :mrgreen: Have fun......play for me, my son and every other 9 year old you come across.
  • mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited August 2011
    momboqueen wrote:

I agree, The Sims Social, was terrible. The most interesting thing about it was tending to the lawn, and that really doesn't say much for the game. However, for those who enjoy the game, have fun. I have never cared much for Facebook simulation games, but I gave it a try because it involved The Sims.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2011
    I like it and I'm an adult. It's a fun way to spend a few minutes each day. I won't play it for hours like TS3. :lol:
    13 year old boys wont like it! Sims are like doll houses, so of course they won't like it. Try with a 13 year old girl and I bet they would love it! :wink:
  • PenguinPersonPenguinPerson Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited August 2011
    I really like it I cant stop playing I dont like the energy thing (I hate that on all facebook game) But you live with it I dont know why you wouldnt like it I think its really fun and a creative new way to play the sims.
    edited August 2011
    I like it and I'm an adult. It's a fun way to spend a few minutes each day. I won't play it for hours like TS3. :lol:
    13 year old boys wont like it! Sims are like doll houses, so of course they won't like it. Try with a 13 year old girl and I bet they would love it! :wink:
    I agree and disagree There are many 13yearold boys that would like it I know plenty but Yes a 13 yearold girl would be more appt to playing it. Because Im a guy and at 13 I would have totally played that online (im not telling you my age because I dont give that out over the internet lets just say im over 13 but under 30)
    edited August 2011
    Dawdee wrote:
    Different strokes for different folks.

And also, here's an idea for you. How about not being so judgmental?

It's fine if you don't want to play. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Yet, for you to call people who do like it immature? Should we really base the amusement of the game off of some 13 year old boy? It's a facebook game, do you expect it to be some deep intellectual game in which you could play for hours?

And if you don't like it so much, explain why. Saying it is immature is not a valid point. Give us specific examples as to why you don't like it, and how it can be improved. Because right now, acting like this, I highly doubt people will just decide to stop playing, all because you think we have not reached the "elusive" age of adulthood.

And since you are so mature, please, recommend all of us in which games we should play, so that we can stop being so childish.

/End rant.
    BRAVO *applauds great points*
    edited August 2011
    I agree and disagree There are many 13yearold boys that would like it I know plenty but Yes a 13 yearold girl would be more appt to playing it. Because Im a guy and at 13 I would have totally played that online (im not telling you my age because I dont give that out over the internet lets just say im over 13 but under 30)

At 13 I guess everything is new to them so they will play anything. Maybe I should have made it 16 year olds. :lol:
    edited August 2011

Ahh but my 13 year old boy does like it, sometimes. When he's not killing the undead or sacrificing virgin's in the multitude of really great games out there, he has a really great time as do I. I also like sacrificing the occasional virgin, :mrgreen:
    edited August 2011

At 13 I guess everything is new to them so they will play anything. Maybe I should have made it 16 year olds. :lol:
    yeah that makes since ; )
  • abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't know it was fun for a few days but now I'm totally bored with it. I don't think its childish though. I have never really been into facebook games. I can only do same thing in a game for so long before I get bored. I got to like level 9 or 10. I guess its a bit repetitive imo but its kind of entertaining thing to do while I load the sims.
    edited August 2011
    all of you are sooooooooo completely awesome........ we should become friends on Facebook and be friends forever!!!!!!

I'm slathering at the mouth in anticipation at which one of you will be my first facebook friend. Having wiped the slime(from my mouth) I now want to spit....... :cry: was that me :oops: I dont think so, think it was mt 13 year old..oh yea it was him............ let's goooo :hunf:
    edited August 2011
    :shock: Really?
    edited August 2011
    momboqueen wrote:
    all of you are sooooooooo completely awesome........ we should become friends on Facebook and be friends forever!!!!!!

I'm slathering at the mouth in anticipation at which one of you will be my first facebook friend. Having wiped the slime(from my mouth) I now want to spit....... :cry: was that me :oops: I dont think so, think it was mt 13 year old..oh yea it was him............ let's goooo :hunf:
    what was your 13yearold son