Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble installing Town life

Hi all, im having problems installing Town Life.
I brought the game from GAME and my computer just wouldn't recognise the disk at all. I ended up taking the game back and getting a new one.

I tried the new disk and my computer STILL wont recognise the disk, it wont load at all!! I would say there's a problem with my disk drive but it seems to recognise every other disk, including generations and medieval.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or any solution? My game is up to date and i have no mods or CC installed.

Thanks
Laura x

Comments

• CitrusmoonCitrusmoon Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2011
    Did you go into your "Computer" window and manually double click on the CD drive to detect the CD?
    Maybe your computer isn't set to "auto-detect" CDs.

Someone recently had a similar issue to yours. One of the Moderator is helping. Try reading his post.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/422228.page
    自分のアバター作ってみたにょ。難しいにょ!シムズ楽しすぎにょ!
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit / ASUS Maximus VII / Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz / Cosair Vengeance 16GB RAM / NVidia GeForce GTX 980 SLi / Samsung SSD 840 PRO HDD
  • NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2011
    Yes, i tried double clicking on the DVD Drive icon and even tried D:\AutoRun.exe but still wont load.
    I now know that there is nothing wrong with my disk drive as iv just been playing on Sims Medieval and it loaded fine!
  • NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2011
    Bumping as i REALLY need help solving this issue... Cant play my new game and had it almost 2 weeks now!!!