Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slow response when clicking on a sim for social interactions

For months now (definitley pre-Generations) I have noticed that when I click on a sim to initiate a social interaction it takes extra time for the interactions to load. This never happens for other objects in the game, just for the social interaction menus. Also, it doesn't matter if it's what age the sims are or which sim is in control at the time. While the computer is churning over me clicking on the sim, everything else in the game stops moving, too, though sounds continue.

I'm running on a quad core processor with 4GB of RAM (recently upgraded from 3) and Windows 7 64 bit (recently upgraded from Vista). I have a decent graphics card (can't remember what it is at the moment, but have been told by EA Tech that it should run the game just fine and it has no problem running Dragon Age or other high-graphics games). I had hoped all the changes we were making might help this problem, but I have seen no difference.

The problem isn't game-ruining, but can be a bit annoying. Just wondering if I'm the only one or if others see the same and if anyone has any suggestions.

P.S. I did do a pretty thorough search of the forums (and google) before posting this, but didn't see anything. Could be I just didn't know what search terms to use, so sorry if I'm repeating someone else's query.
a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!