The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you ask a question?

Ok I feel really stupid but how do I ask a new question on the help it say click on the Ask a question tab but there isn't one. :oops: I feel rather stupid. x

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2011
    I am confused...

The topic title made me laugh though.
    The great paradox... "What is a question?"
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited August 2011
    Ummmm...if you are trying to ask a question on the forum then guess what you just did.
    edited August 2011
    knt1229 wrote:
    Ummmm...if you are trying to ask a question on the forum then guess what you just did.

You will not believe how much i am laughing right now. Ohhh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 find this thread please. :lol:

*ahem* Hehe... in seriousness to ask a question on a forum you make a thread... add the question to the title and add details to the text box.
  • Sugarshoes9ccSugarshoes9cc Posts: 1,562 New Member
    edited August 2011
    You just asked a question :XD:

Edit: oooh I get it.

dedd.png

Does that answer your 'question'
  • JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited August 2011
    The title of this thread made me laugh. Paradoxes are awesome!
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ok I feel really stupid but how do I ask a new question on the help it say click on the Ask a question tab but there isn't one. :oops: I feel rather stupid. x
    First, it's not a stupid question. It's actually a very good one.

Second, the answer is... After you've clicked on Help, login to your EA account then click on Contact Us. You will have some required fields to select (those with an asterisk *), and then type your question to submit by email. Or you have the option to select live chat.

Example: Click on the image to view a larger size.
    73jdaf.jpg

Happy Simming!

EDIT:
    I hope some of you that previously posted learned something today. :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    edited August 2011
    Oooohhhhh. Ea support question. :oops:

Ahem... *hides back under rock*
    Yeah ask a question if you need help from the experts.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well the only thing I learned is that if you want to get help you have to be clear with what you need help with in order to get the help you need.
    edited August 2011
    knt1229 wrote:
    Well the only thing I learned is that if you want to get help you have to be clear with what you need help with in order to get the help you need.
    True. But they said when they click on Help, so I understood what he/she was talking about. On the other hand, threads created that just say Help instead of Help with "specific" do irritate the heck out of me. In fact, I tend to skip right past them. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • bridgette_bellbridgette_bell Posts: 52
    edited July 2012
    ok i really am having trouble figuring out how to ask a question, would anyone like to help? cuz my game wont even start.
  • meowhiss101meowhiss101 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    How do you make a thread?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2013
    How do you make a thread?
    At the top you should see...:

Forum Index » General Discussion

Below that will be a New Topic button. Make sure you are on the forum sections front page where it list all recent threads.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • sparklee12sparklee12 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay so i want a model from Anubis under the sun but i followed everything they said to put the sim into the saved sims folder. Am i doing something wrong? :?:
  • Erin_077Erin_077 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Guys can someone please help. How do i ask a question?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,467 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is the first time I've witnessed so much snarkiness on this forum. With the exception of Bluenote who cut through the prattle and straight to the matter. Did the rest of you get out of your games from the wrong side of the computer, or what?

I have to say this shocks and dismays me. I really don't wish to see this site decline into the horrible battle that went on over at the Sims2 site after Sims3 was announced. And while I recognize this 'battle' doesn't include Sims3 vs Sims4, it might as well be a pre-cursor to such snarkiness and belittling to come.

This site has been known for how friendly we all are. Please, let's not take this walk down the dark side of the road. Okay? If you don't understand the question someone asks, or don't know the answer just say so. Please don't stoop to antagonizing the person requesting help.

Stepping off of my little soapbox now. Please, please, PLEASE don't make me take it out of my "back pocket" again. Thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2014
    The fact that someone new had to resurrect a thread from 2011 just to post a snarky comment amazes me.
    Well done, well done indeed....

I'm sure the OP knows how to post a question on the Help section now.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
    edited April 2014
    Erin_077 wrote:
    Guys can someone please help. How do i ask a question?
    This is an old thread and my previous answer is no longer applies. This was under the old help system which has since been updated to Answer HQ. You still access the same way via the top navigation link and login with your Origin id / password. Select from the drop-down boxes, etc.

sent via mobile phone

EDIT: Phone typos
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GeekxSimmerxGeekxSimmerx Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    idk cause i only know how to post a reply :oops:
  • myhorserio241myhorserio241 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2014
    seriously though how do you ask a question?
  • grantconnelly13grantconnelly13 Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Ok so I own quite a few expansion packs and I download from the exchange. But when I go on my sims it randomly stops working after about 5-10 mins! please help me ...

Thankyou..x
  • pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited June 2014
    seriously though how do you ask a question?
    Well, it might help if they knew what the question is that you want to ask.
  • PiinksimforeverPiinksimforever Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Hi.Okay so im a Mac user and a few months ago i installed island paradise.Yesturday i got sims 3 Pets and installed it than it said that ,it was installed .But when i go to play it opens island paradise ,I haven't been able to play pets ever since ! I've tried everything to unistall it .But nothing is working !!!!!!!!!!HELP PLEASE
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi.Okay so im a Mac user and a few months ago i installed island paradise.Yesturday i got sims 3 Pets and installed it than it said that ,it was installed .But when i go to play it opens island paradise ,I haven't been able to play pets ever since ! I've tried everything to unistall it .But nothing is working !!!!!!!!!!HELP PLEASE

You should be able to play both at once since it's an expansion to the game instead of a different game altogether. Are there animals in your game when you open it up?
    giphy.gif

• KingOfEyeballsKingOfEyeballs Posts: 50 Member
    Oh! Thank you! Sorry, I kept forgetting I wasn't one? I got confused a lot. Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I appreciate the help, even if it's pointing out something more on the obvious side of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top