The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ebony & Ivory Genetics challenge V.2

Comments

• Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited August 2011
    I have a quick question? Are we not having alternate mates? I only ask coz what do we do if we pick an heir that say, is a girl who is light skinned and there isn't a dark skinned male? Or vice versa?
    Have I missed something? Sorry if I have! :oops:
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited August 2011
    Clairey, I was trying to keep most of the sims mate choices to either ebony or ivory skintones. That way it would be easier to choose.
    I was also thinking if we do have some carmel skinned heirs they should be able to choose the mate that is given even if they are close to the same color.

So if you do have a light skinned girl and the male mate choice for that generation is ivory complection it should be okay to choose him.
    Did that help at all.

edit.
    Does everyone think we should have alternatives?...if so we can just add some. :D
    ]
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited August 2011
    Clairey, I was trying to keep most of the sims mate choices to either ebony or ivory skintones. That way it would be easier to choose.
    I was also thinking if we do have some carmel skinned heirs they should be able to choose the mate that is given even if they are close to the same color.

So if you do have a light skinned girl and the male mate choice for that generation is ivory complection it should be okay to choose him.
    Did that help at all.

edit.
    Does everyone think we should have alternatives?...if so we can just add some. :D

Yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking it would probably be easier if we didn't have alternatives. Just because it got kind of confusing last time around and if we don't have alternatives we'd all get to use most of the same sims. But it's totally up to you. Thanks for the housing suggestion's, I'm about to start my game up now. :-)
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited August 2011
    Tye is gorgeous! And Heckstress, Im using apartments that CK213 created. The apartment is HUGE its absolutely ideal for the budding family. Youll have to use freerealestate though (unless Larissa is loaded. Lol). I was supposed to work tonight but Ive just done 2 overnights so I got my shift replaced. Now I have lots of Simming time (and a little study time) :D

Happy Simming guys!
    edited August 2011
    Part 2 is being posted as I type this :)
    edited August 2011

Did that help at all.

edit.

That makes sense! Thank you, sorry I got confused :? It's easily done with me!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited August 2011
    Yeah It was very difficult to find alt mates and the main page got so cluttered from it. I think we could do w/out the alt's
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited August 2011
    I agree on the alternatives. It makes it easier to choose a mate. For Generation 5, I like asian sim and Lewis. I like Tara May!

amadazulsim: I went back to the first page to see who was picked for Generation 4 and Jacob is no longer available.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2011
    Sapphire thanks for letting me know that the link for Jacob wasn't working. I replaced him with a sim named Demian.
    ]
    edited August 2011
    Demian is cute! I like him, for Generation 5 i like Tye and Lewis(:
    edited August 2011
    Yes Demian is a good choice!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited August 2011
    So glad to see new faces in the pic thread :)
    edited August 2011
    Hey, guys. Im halfway through my major assignment (Yipee!) so hopefully Ill get some play time in later on :) I want to get more done while Im motivated to do it. Lol.

It is great to see more people enjoying this challenge, Octojenn. And as I said before, I love Tye for Generation 5 (hes hot!!)
    edited August 2011
    Ugh, I got the Error Code 12!! Luckily I only lost 3 sim days (Which I just played over). Im going to post 2 big updates tomorrow after work(Ugh, 8 hrs :/) so be prepared!!
    edited August 2011
    JBAG521: I'm so tired of those error codes too! I had to move Dorielle and Hugh into another neighborhood again last night because they were just frozen in place all of a sudden during gameplay.
    edited August 2011
    Im so glad I only lost 3 sim days. It could have been soo much worse. Im just hoping it doesnt happen again. I was so upset. Im off to bed. Have a good day/night :)
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited August 2011
    Sorry about your game crashing JBAG521. Mine was doing that the other day. :? Glad you were able to make up what you lost. I'm off to play. :D
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited August 2011
    I hope all the game crashes stop soon. I know how irritating it can be. I have been adding cc and crossing my fingers that I don't have any issues.

I am also happy to see new simmers joining the challenge. :) All are welcome to join at any time!

Well today I will be playing Heckstess genetic challenge but I did update the pic thread.

Happy Simming all!
    ]
    edited August 2011
    JBAG521: Sorry your game crashed it is so irritating when you get that code! I have started saving my game after every sim day that way if it does crash or something I don't lose too much. It's such a pain having to remember to save all the time. There should be an auto save on sims it would make things easier!
    edited August 2011
    So I got Error Code 12 again (thankfully, I didnt lose anything this time). BUT, I would like to move my family into the original Sunset Valley as I think its the world thats causing the problem (Im using Sunset Valley Second Edition. I was wondering, if I do move my family to another world, will I lose everything in my sims' inventories and family inventory??

~EDIT~ With a better search of the forums (Why is it so hard to find ANYTHING in this place?) Ive found that the only things I SHOULD lose are my friends and Wishes. I really hope this is the case. Ill keep a copy of the family where they are for the meantime though, just in case this doesnt work. I REALLY dont want to lose all the stuff they got from adventuring in France.
    edited August 2011
    JBAG: That is correct about you should just loose your friends and wishes. If you have other family staying in that world you will lose the relationship with them. So make sure you move all the relatives into the same household and that should take care of that.
    ]
    edited August 2011
    We are still looking for a male mate for generation 5. :) If everybody could post one male sim that they would like to see in the challenge that would be great! :)
    ]
  • strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited August 2011
    Feel free to use any guys in my studio :D
    lgpf7vn
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    Grant Webb
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1325218

not sure if any of his CC is transferable, but thats what ive got. hahah.