Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim keeps cancelling action

After taking a break from playing Sims since I seem to get all the bugs out there, I decided to start again. I already ran into the photography bug (irritating!) and I know there's no solution for that yet...but now I have another issue! My sim keeps cancelling all her actions. Every time I try to make her do something she would start doing it for a couple of minutes and stop. One time she wouldn't even go to bed even when she was so sleepy. She kept getting up, making her bed and then laying back down to sleep but get up again! Right now I'm trying to make her sue someone for slander. The bar would go a bit and then cancel. I tried it 4 times already and all 4 times it got cancelled for no reason. I know sometimes absent minded Sims forget what they're doing but she doesn't even have absent minded trait. Please help! I really don't want to have to stop playing sims again :(. I've already tried resetting her, restarting my game, moving, going on trips but nothing is working.

Comments

• Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited August 2011
    If resetting and moving did not help, then the only thing I can think of is placing a new copy of that household:
    - in edit town mode, evict the household which will send it to the clipboard
    - save a copy to the library
    - delete the copy in the clipboard, and then place a new copy of your household from the library
    - this also works well if you delete the game after saving the sims, and then place the household into a brand-new town.

But NOTE: you are placing a copy of your sims and not the original ones which means they lose all relationships in their town. They will keep their relationships to one another, their rewards, skills, money and inventory, as well as their career progress, but they will not know anyone in that town any more as they are "new".

BEFORE you do that though, make sure of the following:
    - if you have CC, run Delphy's Dashboard to make sure that none of it is corrupt
    - if you had mods, make sure they are up to date. You can even remove the mods folder and then start adding them one by one to make sure that they are not the problem

If it is none of those, then try what I suggested. If that does not work, then she may be broken beyond repair, though others may have some ideas...
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thank you! I will try your suggestions! It only keeps happening to one sim and it had to be my favorite one of course lol.
  • Mrkinganthony29Mrkinganthony29 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Ikr! this is happining to me and i found the perfect solution! Clear the catch! If you dont know what i mean i got it from TheQuxxns How to fix glitches in the sims 3 Vid. There are other things that might help you in there to. But for some reason this happend with one household. The Other ones where fine but atleast it worked for me and hopefullly for you. You porb already found a solution but incase this fails and someone comes here to see here ya go 8)
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited May 2014
    This was happening to me, and googling the subject only came up with this thread. So I decided to add my own solution to the list for the next time a simmer googles the problem.

In my case, I suspected my sim was somehow linked to a nectar maker. I let the game run for over half a sim day with no improvement, and all the while the nectar maker is just churning away never finishing whatever it was doing.

Clearing the cache didn't work. Resetting the sim didn't work. Finally, I used MOO and deleted the nectar maker. Afterward my sim was able to keep instructions again. I did not try resetting the object with MC, though I think I will reload and try that as well.

So, my advice if this is happening to you is to see if there's an object that is also hanging. You should be able to do this by trying to move the object in Buy mode and having it say it's in use.