Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Putting rabbit holes in basements

I'm thinking about editing a world by hiding all the rabbit holes in basements so they don't clash with the rest of the world. I've seen a lot of people casually talking about this, but I can't find a guide or tutorial about the best way to do it. Maybe it's simple enough to do it without one, but I don't want to mess up! Does anyone have advice about doing this, or have a link to some sort of guide?

I heard that sometimes there are routing issues with the stairs - any advice on how to avoid/fix this?

Thank you!

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't think a guide is needed. Either it will work or it won't. You must provide some entrance to the basement, so that sims can reach the rabithole. I think you can use moveobjects cheat to place huge buildings in small basements, just check entrance. The diner has two entrances, so does the business building. There might be a few more. I guess those with two entrances might be a bit tricky on small lots.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't think a guide is needed. Either it will work or it won't. You must provide some entrance to the basement, so that sims can reach the rabithole. I think you can use moveobjects cheat to place huge buildings in small basements, just check entrance. The diner has two entrances, so does the business building. There might be a few more. I guess those with two entrances might be a bit tricky on small lots.
    Ok, thanks!

I just have one quick question though! If the rabbit hole is really tall, should you make a very deep basement? Or will it not stick out?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited July 2011
    Nothing on the basement level will show while you are on the street level. No matter how tall it is. There might be exceptions though, but basically you don't need extra dept.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2011
    Here, check this out: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2197920

Its a small world I made last year. There is one large basement mall. You can look at it and see what it looks like. Maybe give you some ideas how to do it better. ;)