Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAC UPDATE WORKS NOW! - but now it causes even more problems -_-"

@TheSims3 Mac users! If you haven't been unable to get the latest game update, restart your launcher and try again. It should work now!
-SimguruRyan

Working for me now :P is it for you :P

Comments

• TailfinzTailfinz Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yes!! Downloading and installing right now. I only hope this solves the "freezing" problem as well. Thanks!
  • SesquipedalianSesquipedalian Posts: 26
    edited July 2011
    THANKS FOR POSTING!:D
    I'm sooo happy, now[;
  • thelexx3thelexx3 Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2011
    Mine says its downloading, then it cancels out! :? Ugh.

EDIT: Nevermind! I restarted my mac! It just got done packaging! Ah, im so excited. Finally! :D
  • schenckerschencker Posts: 50
    edited July 2011
    Mine's working too!! Thanks for posting!!

Edit: The update downloaded, but when I started playing, it was really slow and choppy, and then froze again after about 30 seconds. So mine's still not working.
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro
    13-inch, Mid 2009
    Processor - 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory - 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TailfinzTailfinz Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2011
    Downloaded and installed no problem....BUT......the game still freezes a few moments into play. D**n Nvidia graphics card!

Now I either have to wait for an updated driver from Nvidia, or dump Lion and roll back to Snow Leopard I guess.
  • MemzaiiMemzaii Posts: 15
    edited July 2011
    mine says >> There are no patches avaliable for download.<<

T____________T !help?
  • atreyoughatreyough Posts: 671
    edited July 2011
    mine updated and now says that my disc couldn't be authenticated!!! please help
    edited July 2011
    :( i tried to restartt my mac & then update it again...cancels it self Y_Y !,,help?
    STILL -> There are no patches avaliable for download.

i got this problem yesterday =( !
    help>?
  • mzriskalotmzriskalot Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    Cannot verify generations disk?? ***. I give up. :cry:
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited July 2011
    My Game Patched but it didnt update the version >.<
    COME ON EA!!!
  • skrapp138skrapp138 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Is anyone else having the problem where the launcher is not even opening? Does anyone know of a way to download the update directly?
  • oiNiallooiNiallo Posts: 9
    edited July 2011
    Hi I've also updated but the freezing issue remains. This is beyond ridiculous now, I would've thought EA could fix it but alas that appears not to be the case. I'm furious with EA now as I've just wasted £25 on an expansion pack that I can't even play.

Whatever. This issue had better get fixed soon. Ugh.

Macbook Mid 2010
    Processor: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
    edited July 2011
    -.-' !
    edited July 2011
    I have all packs except from one of the stuff packs and the new one. I am so P-ed off right now. My comp freezes. I can make my sim, then as soon as i start a game it stops and i have to force reboot which i HATE doing. Its weird because i can move my mouse and still hear sound (Background sims music ect. I've tryed everything. Even deleted the lot and restarted. Lost everything and still it freezes. I put Lion on my comp and this happens. I feel better that i am not the only person, but then this is where EA need to look at this urgently. We love Sims, plz dont let us down :cry::cry:
  • oiNiallooiNiallo Posts: 9
    edited July 2011
    mzriskalot wrote:
    I have all packs except from one of the stuff packs and the new one. I am so P-ed off right now. My comp freezes. I can make my sim, then as soon as i start a game it stops and i have to force reboot which i HATE doing. Its weird because i can move my mouse and still hear sound (Background sims music ect. I've tryed everything. Even deleted the lot and restarted. Lost everything and still it freezes. I put Lion on my comp and this happens. I feel better that i am not the only person, but then this is where EA need to look at this urgently. We love Sims, plz dont let us down :cry::cry:

I don't think you have to force reboot. You can force quit the game the by pressing command, alt and escape together at the same time.
  • kburchkburch Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    atreyough wrote:
    mine updated and now says that my disc couldn't be authenticated!!! please help

Hey, my computer does that sometimes too. what I do is eject my disk and restart the computer. it usually solves the problem.
    edited July 2011
    I restarted my comp and it was fine... but the freezing hasn't gone so i have given up. It appears to be a graphic card issue NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB which is the one i have. So hopefully EA will sort this. Just so fed up right now, spent so much money too... sobs xxx
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2011
    mzriskalot wrote:

Are you using Time Machine? If so, try disconnecting it when you play. In addition, turn off the memory notification system (or whatever it's called) in the game. I did both and this stopped my freezing issue.
  • bk250809bk250809 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I just installed the update as well and it says it cannot authenticate/verify (whatever it said) the generations disk as well >.<;

Edit: What I did was uninstall the game then re-install it. I don't know how well it works but I was at least able to get into my game again. I didn't update the game so until EA gets this fixed hopefully it'll work.
  • melliemag123melliemag123 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I installed the update, after waging war on my game for about three hours. Now, I can't start the game. It doesn't even get to the intro before freezing on a blank black screen. This happen to anyone else? Can anyone help?