Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Households won't save to bin

I cant get my Sim's households to save to the bin ever since updating patch and installing new SP. :x

Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Firstly, what happens? Does it just freeze? Does it look as if it have saved them but then they disappear from the library? Basically a little more info is needed?

Also, do you have any mods and CC? If yes, did you remove them before installing the new patch, as well as see if your mods need updating?
  • SimSchneckeSimSchnecke Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have a related problem. My lots save to the bin, then after saving and exiting the game upon restarting the game the lots no longer appear in the bin, even though there are multiple files in the library nothing shows up in the game.
  • RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited July 2011
    Nothing happens, really. I save/copy to file into the bin (from within the game), and it says, "processing," but the family isn't in the library then. The game still runs beautifully after that, with CC.

Is there a limit to how many households you can save to the library? I have a ton going back since The Sims 3 release.
  • Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Weird, never heard of that happening.

There may be a limit of the number of households you can store. Delete a couple and see if that helps.

If you don't want to delete them, then place a few households in the town (take note of where!), delete them from the library and then you can always save them to the library again so that you don't lose them totally.

Finally, any mods? I know that there is a mod (I forgot which) that has a setting which limits the number of households you can save to the library. I know it is one of Twallan's. Basically, if you have this mod, there is a default setting that you may never have changed which is limiting how many households your library can store.
  • davebignelldavebignell Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2011
    Nothing happens, really. I save/copy to file into the bin (from within the game), and it says, "processing," but the family isn't in the library then. The game still runs beautifully after that, with CC.

I am having the same problem since the patch :-(
    edited July 2011
    I've noticed that I can save buildings to the bin but not Sims with their houses
  • divacat80divacat80 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2011
    are you sure it's a problem related to the 1.24 update? maybe it's just related to the new SP? I don't have Town Life and I can save the families to the bin without problems
    edited July 2011
    I have all the EPs and SPs except Town Life and it was working fine before the update :-/

Can you save the families and the houses? I can only save houses without families :-(
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2011
    Not TL or that 1.25 patch as I have both and families with or without houses save fine, so it may be a full bin, cc, mods, low RAM, etc...
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Geeker29Geeker29 Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2011
    I have all sp's and ep's and I've noticed since the update I can't save sims with households to the bin and I've also noticed that when I upload sims and their households to the exchange it says that it was uploaded but when I go to my studio it isn't there :(
    edited July 2011
    It's a crazy idea but does it work if you evict the Sims? Save their house, save the Sims then place them together again in a new game?
  • 001101001001101001 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    update: Success! All you need to do is move the all the mods you are using to a new folder outside the Sims 3/Mods/Packages, save the household and you can put move the files back into the appropriate folder.

I have this too. I can't save a wanted household to my bin so I can move them to a new world. Maybe does it have something to withs a mod I am using with them? I'll have to delete it and see.

If anyone knows how to fix this without deleting any stuff please let me know... and I'll let you know if this works.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • panupanu Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2012
    001101001 wrote:
    update: Success! All you need to do is move the all the mods you are using to a new folder outside the Sims 3/Mods/Packages, save the household and you can put move the files back into the appropriate folder.

I have this too. I can't save a wanted household to my bin so I can move them to a new world. Maybe does it have something to withs a mod I am using with them? I'll have to delete it and see.

If anyone knows how to fix this without deleting any stuff please let me know... and I'll let you know if this works.

I'm having this problem, but I'm not using mods. I can save some families, but not the one I want. Any advice?
  • Matheryn1156Matheryn1156 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    reading over all the previous posts, i have tried everything everyone has suggested but still to no avail.

For some reason my sim family will not for the life of me save to the library which is really annoying me. it says processing then after that it goes back to the normal screen giving me the impression that it has done what is asked but when i look in the library my family is not there. I have also tried saving the family with the lot and it will save the lot but no family with it. I noted the dates as to when everyone has posted and noticed that this problem has gone on for quite a long time and would be great if EA accually got around to fixing this issue
  • KittifizzKittifizz Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yep, same exact problem here. I can save other homes and sims, but not the sims that I have been playing. I've tried evicting, moving them, merging them, splitting them, everything. No CC, only store content. All EPs and Stuff Packs, patched to latest version. Plenty of RAM, not too many families in my bin. Any home that has one of my sims in it just wont save. ):
  • xstacielynnxxstacielynnx Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2012
    reading over all the previous posts, i have tried everything everyone has suggested but still to no avail.

For some reason my sim family will not for the life of me save to the library which is really annoying me. it says processing then after that it goes back to the normal screen giving me the impression that it has done what is asked but when i look in the library my family is not there. I have also tried saving the family with the lot and it will save the lot but no family with it. I noted the dates as to when everyone has posted and noticed that this problem has gone on for quite a long time and would be great if EA accually got around to fixing this issue

Same exact thing is happening to me. :( It's really aggrivating because I've really worked hard on playing with this household. I like to save them frequently for "just in case." Well, I haven't saved in a few days and I'd really hate to see all that game play just go to waste... :cry:
  • ShuffleJonesShuffleJones Posts: 63 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem. It acts like it's saving, but then there's nothing in the bin. I moved my family out of the building and then was able to save the building itself - which isn't as important as the family.

Hopefully this can get resolved soon.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm having a similar problem, but it appears to only affect households that have pets in them.

I tried twice to make a family of one adult Sim, one teen Sim, two dogs and a cat. Both times, when I clicked the check mark to go to the portrait screen to edit the relationships and continue to the game, I got a perpetual Processing screen that went on for several hours before I finally gave up and had to open up the task manager on my computer to shut down the game. The third time, on a whim, I decided to only make the two Sims and not the pets. That time, it saved just fine. I attempted another time after that to make the same family with pets in it again and got the same perpetual loading screen again.

I have all EPs and this only started happening since I installed Seasons and patched my game to the latest patch.
  • Demitra1983Demitra1983 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I tried couple of basic stuff and yeah i guess i found my way through it.

I ran into this after I installed Seasons EP.

It is true that this is happening specially there are pets in the household. I was not able to save my family into library OR even export them for uploading. (Keeps on saying "Failed to share")

Ok here is the solution guys:
    Go in Town Edit mode. Evict your household, I MOVED THEM OUT WITH THEIR HOUSE! it doesn't work if you move the household ONLY!!!

so the household is deactivated and they are pinned on your clipboard.

Next, click on their picture on left above of your town screen. You can save them to library AND export without problem. Hope this trick works for you guys too.
  • nymphla_85nymphla_85 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    mine does something totally different. its says processing then my game crashes.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm having the same problem as well. :(

NOTE: I have no mods installed. Only extra content received from Origin pre-orders, purchases and The Sims 3 Store items.

Methods I have tried which didn't work:

#1 Save household only to library.

#2 Save household and lot to library.

#3 Evict, saving household to library to clipboard.

#4 Switching to a different household then attempting to save desired household to bin.

* Saving a different household to the bin, whether active on desired household or not, will work.

Any solutions? :/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Alright. So I tried moving the household to a different neighborhood and it turns out that this whole household is bugged. I go through the same odd bug that happened when I tried to enroll them to university.

The moving process is done and the choose a household for that household will not appear.

These two are couples - no pets, children and anyone else living with them. One is a Werewolf and one is a Witch. I'll try and separate the two households and see if it will work by moving them individually.

I've also posted this issue on the Answer HQ -> http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Specific-household-won-t-save-to-library/m-p/1276402#U1276402
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I managed to get a workaround to this by seperating both couples individually (Split Household option). The Sim that had the issue saving into the bin was the townie I moved into the household named Ariel Walsh from Isla Paradiso.

Pro:
      You get to save certain members to the library (Yay!)

Cons:
      Certain members cannot be saved to the library.
      You will lose your relationship with them when you move out of town.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • OmahwOmahw Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I had the same issue. Once I figured out which Sim was causing the issue, I used NRaas Debug Enabler (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler) to clear their inventory. (I moved everything they had to a different Sim, and it still said it was going to delete 2 items). I was then able to save the Household to the Library.
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2013
    having the same issue. it could be a corrupt sim because I moved the save file from my other computer that I don't use much for games to my laptop and when I loaded the same saved game (previously saved)it allowed me to save an older saved version of my sims. also I noticed if I split up the household it'll save everyone but one female sim? so I think...for me at least...it one specific sim that's causing the issue.