Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hitched! Volume Four! Dark Hearts: Assignment Five Scores and Assignment Six: Aftermath

HitchedV4Banner.jpg

FirstPlace.jpg

Simanims!!
temptation.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 25
Quality: 25
Relation/Portrayal: 24
Pose: 24
Total: 98
Comments: Very nice Simanims!!! I think that pose gave Elizabeth the perfect facial expression! Lots of lovely details here and the picture is dark but not so dark that you can't see what you need to see, and most importantly your models are well-lit. While the pose is great, It's definately a common couple pose, but I was really torn on whether or not to take off for that or not. I think it takes a lot to posing now even with the pose player... there are so many out there and knowing which one is just right isn't easy with all of the options.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 25/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 25/25
Pose 25/25

Total 100/100

Comments: Even though the vampire poses are kinda overused a bit, I think the angle you went with in this picture really redeemed that, going with something other than a vampire. I couldn’t help but be drawn to the overall look of the picture, all the beautiful colors, everything is well placed, so much detail and a beautiful angle to the shot. I’m always stunned by your pictures and this is no exception.

Total: 198

SecondPlace.jpg

Early!!!
hitched5.png

JKA
Creativity: 24
Quality: 24
Relation/Portrayal: 25
Total: 97
Comments: OOHhhh much to love with this one! The soft, warm lighting really sets that intimate feel! Their pose at first I felt was a little awkward, but it grew on me. I feel like her friend's pose is... Assertive, but waiting to see just how far she can go. The main thing I don't like about this is the big blob of black on the right side. Maybe the shot could have been cropped just a tad.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 25/25
Pose 25/25

Total 100/100

Comments: Oh Early you dirty girl hehe. This is like the most suggestive picture I’ve ever seen on the forums that hasn’t resulted in a ban lol. The posing is fanfreakingtastic, I love how they both look like that are leaning on and grabbing onto the bookcase. I love all those little details you put into the set, the flowers on the bed are a very nice touch. Another amazing entry from you, this competition is really heating up!

Total: 197

Kelren
xS4Ip.jpg

JKA
creativity: 25
Quality: 23
Relation/Portrayal:25
Comments: I LOVE LOVE LOVE your set and the colors in this! Where did you get those star light things? and whatever the yellow things are to the sides.. I want those too! lol. The fog actually looks good I think.. I'm not usually a big fan, I wouldn't mind a little less of it. The posing is even good... She's kinda backing away from his kiss. My biggest problem is the music notes. I think if you start them out playing somewhere else them move them, the notes shouldn't follow them.. not sure about that.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 25/25

Total 99/100

Comments: You have by far some of the most creative competition entries ever, and this is no exception. This is actually my favourite picture this round, the only reason why you lost one mark was for the musical notes. While on one hand I do like them in the overall look of the picture, it does drag away from the overall realism of the shot. All the colors are fantastic and I just adore the whole story, Scarlett has some great taste dating a musician hehe. Keep up with these beautiful pictures.

Amieechu
unced.jpg

JKA
Pose: 25
Comments: Amiee this might be one of my faves of yours in this comp! A really unique camera angle here, and I'm loving the vodka bottles in the background. The main thing that's really bugging me with this is that their dark hair is disappearing against the dark bed. I know I'm being incredibly picky since you can see the distinction, I just think it would look better if there was a little more contrast between the two. The other thing is that I think the shot needs.. just a bit of a pattern somewhere to break up the color. Otherwise i think you've captured that awkward intimacy of the morning after!

PK
Creativity 24/25
General Quality 25/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 23/25
Pose 25/25

Total 97/100

Comments: Well Cato has some very good taste in men. I love the angle you took this picture in, the angle in which you decided to shoot this particular pose. Even those this pose is used fairly often, I’ve used it myself in one competition; I’ve never actually seen it with two male sims, and for some reason it feels more intimate. I like the set, especially the empty vodka bottles by the nightstand, but it feels a bit empty. Maybe if the hotel room was REALLY cheap, with peeling wallpaper and stained carpet, so theres was a bit more detail some more interesting textures going on it would have added that little bit of extra that the shoot needed.

Total: 194

Simpixie
Screenshot-8-4-1.jpg

JKA
Pose: 23
Total: 95
Comments: I really like the lightiing in this pic.. the purple glowiness. There are lots of nice little details to make it look like a nice kinda sexy lounge rather than a club. I like the camera angle and your composition is great! My main complaint with this is the posing. I'm just not feeling like Ramona is Running away or very.. distressed, and I think I'd like to see Bebe actually like upset about Ramona rejecting her or trying to go after Ramona.

PK
Creativity 23/25
General Quality 24/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 23/25
Pose 23/25

Total 93/100

Comments: I love the posing of Bebe on the bar, she does look positively seductive a real temptation for Ramona. The theme of the nightclub is very cool, I don’t think you quite got that in the set though; goth clubs don’t generally have yellow and purple flowers sitting on tables, and even though the dance floor thing is in sim clubs it just doesn’t really look right, dance floors aren’t ever a different color in the clubs I’ve been to lol. While I adore Bebe’s pose, Ramona’s is really underwhelming. The story says she dashes from the club with tears streaming down her face, but the picture doesn’t at all reflect any of that. She looks a little upset, but there’s no action in her pose.

Total: 188

.Ashpie
10houwn.png

JKA
Creativity: 23
Quality: 20
Pose: 23
Total: 91
Comments: I'm enjoying the feeling of closeness and a kind of electricity between them. They are really looking right into each other's eyes! However this shot is just way too dark, and it would give it soooo much just for your sims to stand out more from the background. It's okay for the background to be kind of dark, but if you use that spotlight on them it's a great illuminator of your sims.

PK
Creativity 23/25
General Quality 20/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 24/25
Pose 24/25

Total 92/100

Comments: The connection between Raif and Aisha is electrifying, that eye contact. I think that bond between them is very clear and even though Raif is just standing there the posing is very effective. I like the idea of being intercepted after work by an ex and having some dormant feelings come to the surface but I think the background was a bit underwhelming. Though I think lighting played a massive part in how good the whole picture looked. This is extremely dark, Raif and Aisha definitely needed some spotlight light on them, or even a streetlamp or something, a badly lit picture isn’t something I would expect from you.

Total: 183

Ladybug
29znfn.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 22
Quality: 22
Relation/Portrayal:24
Pose: 22
Total: 90
Comments: Lots of details and color in this set! You've also got a nice little interesting twist to the camera. I'm not exactly sure why Orange is only wearing panties at a pub, and I wish there were some more extras maybe and some dimmer lighting in the setting to give it more of a pub feel. (With of course maybe the outdoor spotlight on your couple so they are still well-lit.)

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 20/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 22/25
Pose 24/25

Total 91/100

Comments: Wow standing next to the bar in nothing but lace panties? Must be a pretty crazy club to let someone in with no shirt on. The poses are great once again you are getting creative with how different poses can interact with one another. I love the fact you aren’t afraid to inject some color into your images, but this was a little too much for me. There was far too much going on, nothing really meshed well together and the quality was a bit off too. I was also left wondering where the rest of the people in the pub were too, looks a bit empty, there doesn’t even seem to be anyone working at the bar. Don’t be afraid to start working with some more extras in your shoots, it’s tricky but it can really add some realism to your pictures.

Total: 181

Spychip
hitched5.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 19
Quality: 22
Pose: 22
Total: 88
Comments: I like the idea of a past fling! I also like that the picture is zoomed in to your models, however it's lacking those little details around them that set the mood and scene. Terralyn being kind of a ghost and transparent like... he feels like she's there is a nice touch. Maybe for their posing try out some different interactions... Heck even experiment with those sim life goggles then take them off. The models just need to be doing something more interesting.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 21/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 22/25
Pose 21/25

Total 89/100

Comments: Some nice clean editing in this picture. I like the idea of Carrick thinking about how Terralyn might react if she knew about the feelings he still harbours for his ex girlfriend, and having that image in the picture, it would have been a bit more effect if she was in black and white maybe, or more see through though. Would have been great to see more interaction between Carrick and the mystery girl too and something going on in the background....the poses and the overall set really fell flat and overall there wasn’t much to look at in this picture.

Total: 177

Remember: No elims this round :D
jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis

Comments

• JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited July 2011
    Couples.jpg

HCB.jpg

SimsARL (Alexander and Constance)

Spychip (Carrick and Terralyn)

amieechu (Helvetica and Cato)

Simanims (Elizabeth and Tristen)

kelren (Ashe and Scarlett)

ashpie88 (Raif and Moira)

ladybug65 (Cato and KelloKitty)

Simpixie2255 (Zach and Ramona Clear)

Assignment.jpg
    Assignment Five:

temptation.jpg

Aftermath:

Basically, this is the followup to temptation :D

Due: TBA

Example.jpg

Sorry no examples this round ;)

Judges.jpg

JKA
    [img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/sweetferocious/Sims 3/Simself.png "width=200"[/img]

PK
    PistolKitten.jpg

Tips.jpg
    Press ctrl, shift and C to pull up your cheat menu.

buydebug on: adds a menu in your buy mode and gives you tons of stuff that will be helpful especially in a sci-fi fantasy comp like this. There are also some invisible lights, very helpful for lighting your sims' faces!

moveobjects on: Just incredibly useful all around. I can't even begin to go over the uses for this.

hideheadlineeffects on: gets rid of those pesky thought bubbles and plumbobs.

Hold in alt while moveobjects is on so your object/sim won't snap to a grid!

Press tab when in live mode to help with picture taking.
    Camera controls:
    W - forward
    S - back
    A - Left
    D - Right
    E - Tilts up
    Q - tilts down
    Shift plus A - Rolls to the left
    Shift plus D - Rolls to the right
    Z- zoom in
    X - Zoom out
    Shift and S - reset

Rules.jpg

1. If there is a drop or no show there will not be an elimination.
    2. I understand that there are some times when you can't continue for one reason or another, but I think it's EXTREMELY rude to just not show up. I know I can't enforce this, but please if you have decided not to continue, please let us know!
    3. Please ask for extensions if needed. They will will be granted if a reasonable request.
    4. Changes to models: This is something I'm extremely lenient with. I mainly want them recognizable as the same person. Sometimes your game gets borked, etc and you need to make a new model and that's fine.... or sometimes you decide to uninstall a skin and need to change their skin.. that's also fine. Just try to keep their facial features the same so we can recognize them. You can change hair color (that's kind of a common thing in goth/punk anyway) and style of course. If you have any questions about it just ask
    5. Same sex couples are allowed.
    6. Editing is allowed, but just realize that editing may help OR hurt you. Just depends on how it looks.
    7. Because my job has a random unpredictable schedule, due dates will probably be a little over a week. This doesn't mean I want to wait forever for people to turn in their assignments though.

Announcements.jpg

Nothing yet xD
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited July 2011
    reserve
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited July 2011
    seen it!

just want to say i've never been to a club :o
  • ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it
    2lijr.png
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it! in fact...i'm already done xD

I looked back, where was she? I sighed, she must have taken a wrong turn. I began to retrace my steps, 'Elizabeth!?"
    No response. I headed down another alleyway where she must have turned and I heard a voice. A slow, rhythmic voice, and then Elizabeths voice. I rushed towards it dodging bins and scrap, there she was with...with who? He was strange, a kind of demon...with eyes burning white and was leaning over her. And then I realised they were just about to kiss...not my Elizabeth. Anger started burning inside of me at him, whatever he was.
    "Elizabeth!"
    She turned to me suddenly, her eyes. Her eyes were...burning. What had he done to her! I ran forward and grabbed her arm, pulling her back. The demon stopped and stood completely still, then he turned to me and laughed. A evil, cruel laugh. Elizabeth was pulling against my grasp trying to go back to him. At that very moment my eyes made contact with his and my very soul began to scream, with all the strength I managed to close my eyes. As my eyes closed I saw him summoning a kind of power, a bright, bright light. I pulled Elizabeth one final time and she finally followed. I ran opening my eyes only occasionally to see where I was going, my hand was grasped hard around hers.
    I finally stopped, it was quiet now. We collapsed together onto the could concrete, I opened my eyes and made contact with hers, which were now slowly returning to normal. Suddenly she dropped her head onto my shoulder and sobbed, tears soaked through my shirt. I reached around her, not letting go...never planning to let go.
    "I'm so sorry" She sobbed into my shoulder.
    "So am I" I replied.

temptation2.jpg
    edited July 2011
    WOW That is amazing :mrgreen:
    2lijr.png
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited July 2011
    Seen it.
    edited July 2011
    :o
    jz8tDGb.png
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow. Wow. Wow.

Each one of you is just a creative force to be reckoned with in your own level of brilliance! Kicking myself for not catching up sooner.
    This is giving me the extra motivation I need to churn out this story I have in the works based on the couple I was going to enter. Lol it's all I can think about lately!!
    Love this edition JK. The effort and presentation you always put into your comps are just amazing and dedicated. love0052.gif
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited July 2011
    OOHHHH I want a link whenever possible!!!!

And thank you so much <3

I've seen better, but I do kinda like the style of this.. gotta admit ;)
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited July 2011
    Hush! its great to see you ^_^
    edited July 2011
    OOHHHH I want a link whenever possible!!!!

Of course my dear JK, of course! It's just going to take a lot work set and character building wise. Dark and supernatural with twists, I'll prob end up confusing myself xD
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Aw Simanims! It's alway awesome to see you too!
    And to see how completely astounding and bewildering your work has become, truly striking <3
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Aw Simanims! It's alway awesome to see you too!
    And to see how completely astounding and bewildering your work has become, truly striking <3

Thank you ^_^ inspired by the best (e.g you) xD
    edited July 2011
    Assignment 6 (sorry for the long description):

I awoke to the sound of screams. I didn't remember what happened last night except for Orange spikeing my drink. My first thought was where am I and soo I realized I was in the alley where HelloKitty and I got married. I knew Orange was around here some where and soon I spoted her and HelloKitty?? I soon realized what Orange was doing and a rush of adrinale pumped through my body. Orange had an old sword from the alley in her hands and was stabbing HelloKitty. I acted without thinking and pushed Orange away so I could apply pressure to HelloKitty's wounds. I applied pressure to her worst wounds her neck,her chest(where her heart is),and her stomach. I apologized to HelloKitty and explained eveything and she reached up and stroked my cheek. I leaned in and kissed her than I heard Orange coming so I kicked her back and she cut open my foot. I told HelloKitty everything would be alright and then I called for Help. Hellokitty moved her hand to her stomach and I didn't know what she was doing untill she coughed up a little blood and said the word baby. At that moment I wanted to clobber Orange but I couldn't leave my wife and our unborn child. Soon I heard an Ambulance and I knew they were coming for us. Orange lunged forward but I kicked her again and I asked her why she did this. She told me it was so we could live together forever. I told her there will never be an us just as the ambulance came. They put HelloKitty and I into an ambulance and they sent Orange to jail. When we got to the hospital I didn't want to leave her side but I had to get my foot taken care of. The minute I was better I went out to the waiting room and a doctor appeared. I asked him how she was doing and he shook his head. I started to cry and he told me that she was in criticall condition because of her heart and the baby was killed because of the stab in her stomach...... HelloKitty was let out of the critical condition ward to spend her last weeks with her family(me). The moment she got out ahe asked me about the baby and I had to tell her the news. She fell into a deep depression for many weeks and talked about killing herself. I was worried sick about her and then one morining life changed for the better for both of us. I got up not to find HelloKitty in bed and I got worried but i found her in the bathroom. She was holding a pregnacy test and she had a joyfull look on her face that I had missed. She told me she was pregnat and we went to the hospital. They told us that unlike most paitents her heart was healing. We were so excited and we went out the next morning to get baby furniture. I was soo happy to have my wife back with me and I believe it was the great news that is healing her heart wounds....

520v7p.png
    2lijr.png
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Yay thanks for the scores :D

Amazing picture, simanims!

Seen it :P
    edited July 2011
    Thanks early ^_^
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Two great entries already yay!
  • CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Oh awesome entries guys =D
  • kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited July 2011
    seen it~

JK, I know the stars are something from the game and the column is from TSR I think. I will give you links/tell you names when I get back to my simmie computer! Thanks for scores and comments~
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited July 2011
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-w-JY_78YtAo/Tio_W-wcTuI/AAAAAAAADNc/dybzu-P366Q/s800/Screenshot-513.jpg[/img]

With persuasive words she led him astray;
    she seduced him with her smooth talk.
    All at once he followed her
    like an ox going to the slaughter.
    Proverbs 7:21-22

"I can't do this anymore," I said. She stopped and pulled her hand away.
    "You sure about this?" she finally said.
    I couldn't do it. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror one more time and know what I was doing.

I got out of that apartment feeling better than any other time I left it.

Let's hope I'm not in the bottom! :-o
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yay awesome pictures so far.
    I have my idea, I just need some way to pull it off.
    edited July 2011
    you can dooo eeett
    lol
    jz8tDGb.png
  • ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it. :)
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Zach came home to a disheveled Ramona. She was curled up on the bed, mascara running down her face, and hugging tightly the bunny he had gotten her for her birthday.He quickly set down the camera in his hand and pulled her into a loving embrace.

"Whats wrong my lovely?" he asked.

Ramona told him everything , all about her night and Bebe. She said she was so sorry and that she felt so guilty for even going or being tempted. Zach told her she had nothing to be sorry for or feel guilty about. She had done nothing wrong. He was so proud of her, and he loved her very much.

Sitting there amazed at the loved she had found in Zach , Ramoma decided she needed to tell him everything.
    Screenshot-3-8-2.jpg

" I knew I needed to make the right decision for our growing family" She said.
    The blissful smile on Zach face said it all, he was trilled.